Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tropin
    • Jan 2008

Re: Need info on fabric breakdown + other info on Margiela bomber I purchased

In the morning I received a reply from the DHL jerk I had been talking to, telling me that the information I supplied him was literally worthless because Oki-Ni supplied the manufacturer as being in Hong Kong, while I said it is in Italy. He then told me that the package would be returned to the UK today, and that I should go to the Customs website (I believe it was) and read up on the several rules required of an "importer" like myself.

I called him later in the morning, and spoke to him for what he made seem like hours (biggest jerk on the face of the Earth). He contradicts himself all the time, and says things that seem absolutely false. I then called Customs and talked to a man who said I was not considered an "importer", and basically disagreed with everything I told him the DHL guy had told me. He told me to get the Air Waybill and Housebill numbers and he'd try to personally correct the issue.

Then I called the jerk back and argued with him for a while longer until I asked him for the numbers and he transferred me without a word to a much nicer, much more knowledgeable lady. After a while I convinced her to fix the issue, and she said that the package is now waiting to be released by Customs. Hopefully this is the end of it.

By the way, Oki-Ni did send me a message. Apparently they weren't open on the weekend, and they told me they'd forward my message to the director who would hopefully be able to help. I still think they should have done things right from the beginning of course, but at least they did respond.

Comment

• kallun
      • Dec 2006

Hi guys,

This has happened to me once. I just made up a composition... They are probably not going to do a combustion analysis at the customs :)

If the jacket is shiny I would just tell them it is 90% poly 10% PU for example.

/TKL

Comment

• tropin
        • Jan 2008

Alright, everything got cleared up and I received the jacket yesterday. I won't buy from Oki-Ni again any time soon, but I do give them a bit of credit for at least replying as quickly as they could.

Comment

• desultory
          • Aug 2007

This should never have happened. No consignment like this should be stopped by customs, it's probably due to the uncreatively crap paperwork they're sending with it.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎