X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • udbrud
    • Dec 2013

Post-purchase customer service

Figured I'd start a thread about this topic as I couldn't find anything on it otherwise.

Quite simple: what can you expect as a customer from a) the store b) the designer, 1) for how long 2) can you expect anything at all?

I've read from several people that they've had good experiences with several designers helping them with garment flaws or issues after the initial purchase and even after some wear.

Example:
    Say you buy a pair of €900+ boots while abroad and after a day of normal wear and returning home, you realize there's a minor issue (say a corner of the inside sole coming loose). Would you at all care to report this? Or would you just take it to a cobbler on your own account? Alternatively, if you'd contact the store about the issue, what would your expectations be for them? Would simply shipping the item to them on your own dime and having them repair it suffice or would you expect them to cover all costs? Or would a simple voucher or discount for a future purchase be enough?
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

well, as a customer i'd expect from the store for my product to be as described, in perfect, or at least factory condition (unless otherwise noted, of course), and covered by the store for at least a fraction of any possible damage not visible. i wouldn't expect much from the designer beyond that the quality is as specified by them, and that it is befitting of their price, though that's also something up to the boutique to decide; perhaps even more so. i wouldn't expect anything after a few wears or weeks, whichever comes first, as any problems beyond those would or have been in my past my own mis-treadings of the the piece.

as for talking to designers, i find that can help a lot of the time as well, sometimes more than the boutique, because the designer has a lot of personal and fiscal investment in their product, as opposed to solely the latter, so it's nice, but more to be expected.

for something as minute as that, i would probably just take it to a cobbler at my own disposition, and not expect much, but for something a bit more noticeable or damaging (grommets coming loose, zippers sticking or breaking, etc) i would most certainly take it up with the boutique first, and then the designer, and ask about cost of repair being covered by either of them, or that they replace the product. i would settle for store credit, albeit only a number befitting of my trouble.

maybe i'm asking too much, but faulty products are something i can't just not raise my voice a little bit about

luckily, though, i've never had that issue with anything i've bought, at least not that expensive.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎