Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avantster
    ¤¤¤
    • Sep 2006

Re: mercy

Etruscan, they're nice, but at full price they can't be a must-have. You're paying almost double for a pair of pants for the sake of some stitching.

And the 2% lycra means in all likelihood it won't keep its shape as long.

It doesn't look to flattering from the pictures, either. Definitely a risk unless you've tried it on before!

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

You guys have been solid, and I know I shouldn't get these, but for some reason I love them. so:

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• deleuze
        • Jul 2007

CBGB, 'nuff said.

Comment

• maldoror
          • Jun 2007

[quote user="theetruscan"]

[/quote]

dude, "sportly trousers."

antonioli now with built in RSG!

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="theetruscan"]

You guys have been solid, and I know I shouldn't get these, but for some reason I love them. so:

[/quote]

ok you gotta give me some time, hmmm... how much?

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

[quote user="kira"][quote user="theetruscan"]

[/quote]

[/quote] $900. If they were 3-400 I'd have them despite being produced by a hack. I LOVE Button boots, I love the way they look like they were dug out of a 19th century trunk. I hate that they're made by John Varvatos and probably poorly constructed. I love the dark, dark grey with pretty solid looking distressing. I love the heel and sole having a very hand-made looking stack + nailed sole pieces. Augh, these boots give me difficulties.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• drexl
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="theetruscan"][quote user="kira"][quote user="theetruscan"]

[/quote]

[/quote] $900. If they were 3-400 I'd have them despite being produced by a hack. I LOVE Button boots, I love the way they look like they were dug out of a 19th century trunk. I hate that they're made by John Varvatos and probably poorly constructed. I love the dark, dark grey with pretty solid looking distressing. I love the heel and sole having a very hand-made looking stack + nailed sole pieces. Augh, these boots give me difficulties.
                [/quote]

Vintage Victorian button boots are nice. But def. not with Kenneth Cole type square toes. Don't make Merz have to choke a bitch.

Comment

• Who?
                  • Aug 2007

I am a sucker for button boots as well but not these, the toe box is shaped like a brick. Are you kidding me? 900 for Varvatos boots? You will be able to pick these up for < 300 when they are tossing them and the rest of his line in the sales bin.
                  WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• kira
                    • Mar 2008

[quote user="theetruscan"][quote user="kira"][quote user="theetruscan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Augh, these boots give you difficulties looking yourself in the mirror after purchasing them.

They are kind of funky, but square toes that should be enough right there. but also you state that they are probably poorly constructed.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Re: mercy

[quote user="Who?"]I am a sucker for button boots as well but not these, the toe box is shaped like a brick. Are you kidding me? 900 for Varvatos boots? You will be able to pick these up for < 300 when they are tossing them and the rest of his line in the sales bin.
                      [/quote]

careful, that sales bin has joey ramone's puke on it, these things will be worth 3x as much afterwards.

Comment

• Who?
                        • Aug 2007

[quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="Who?"]I am a sucker for button boots as well but not these, the toe box is shaped like a brick. Are you kidding me? 900 for Varvatos boots? You will be able to pick these up for < 300 when they are tossing them and the rest of his line in the sales bin.
                        [/quote]

careful, that sales bin has joey ramone's puke on it, these things will be worth 3x as much afterwards.

[/quote]

[74]

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• maldoror
                          • Jun 2007

blue chip booties

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

So, in my defense, they're not at all a square toe. I may be stupid, but not that stupid. That aside, thank you all, I am convinced.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

hello again

its finally here boys and girls.
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                its finally here boys and girls.
                                What's your pleasure?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎