Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

pbt, going off of your signature, have you ever read Master and Margarita?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pbt
      • Jan 2007

[quote user="Faust"]pbt, going off of your signature, have you ever read Master and Margarita?
      [/quote]

Faust, no I haven't though I've meant to pick it up having read the raves a while back on the WAYR thread. The signature is a quotefrom my latestfiction kick,Denis Johnson, and inspired by the recent Pniddy tear.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="pbt"]

[quote user="Faust"]pbt, going off of your signature, have you ever read Master and Margarita?
        [/quote]

Faust, no I haven't though I've meant to pick it up having read the raves a while back on the WAYR thread. The signature is a quotefrom my latestfiction kick,Denis Johnson, and inspired by the recent Pniddy tear.

[/quote]

I think you might love it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="kira"][quote user="ddohnggo"]

i don't have a picture b/c the one i saw was the s/s 08 one, which isn't on the A site.

i want a belt that's thicker than the slim wishbone that i had is a big larger in size. i didn't wear the previous belt because i need to size up (the gf bought it via phone prior to us moving to nyc). plus i realized i like more substantial belts than skinny ones.

i think it's partly that i have an urge to satisfy the loss and also the fact that i only have the ccp double belt that i wear regularly, which i can't wear in formal occasions. i guess the real dilemma is i guess i don't NEED an m.a+ belt, but any belt in general should suffice...

[/quote]

ok. no pics, no problem. so it seems that you do need another belt, a thicker one and a slightly larger one and one that can be more formal. good reasons to get a new belt. perhaps you just need to wait a bit, and find the right belt that can serve all of the needs that you have, rather than just impulsively get one right away to satisfy the loss urge.

saying any belt in general should suffice...maybe not so true. we dont NEED many of the things we have especially here. but it is nice to have what you want and what you like.

I say wait a bit and let the loss urge pass and then you can make a clearer decision about purchasing what satisfies you the most, while being the most cost effective...

[/quote]

kira are you talking about belts or....?

[/quote]

wow!!![74] the tears have come streaming down my face.[83][86][86][86] Oh boy...

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="pbt"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="kira"][quote user="ddohnggo"]

i don't have a picture b/c the one i saw was the s/s 08 one, which isn't on the A site.

i want a belt that's thicker than the slim wishbone that i had is a big larger in size. i didn't wear the previous belt because i need to size up (the gf bought it via phone prior to us moving to nyc). plus i realized i like more substantial belts than skinny ones.

i think it's partly that i have an urge to satisfy the loss and also the fact that i only have the ccp double belt that i wear regularly, which i can't wear in formal occasions. i guess the real dilemma is i guess i don't NEED an m.a+ belt, but any belt in general should suffice...

[/quote]

ok. no pics, no problem. so it seems that you do need another belt, a thicker one and a slightly larger one and one that can be more formal. good reasons to get a new belt. perhaps you just need to wait a bit, and find the right belt that can serve all of the needs that you have, rather than just impulsively get one right away to satisfy the loss urge.

saying any belt in general should suffice...maybe not so true. we dont NEED many of the things we have especially here. but it is nice to have what you want and what you like.

I say wait a bit and let the loss urge pass and then you can make a clearer decision about purchasing what satisfies you the most, while being the most cost effective...

[/quote]

kira are you talking about belts or....?

[/quote]

[/quote]

this is too funny.[83] not quite the right belt for me, still looking for mine. dont quite know if there is only one to do the trick. [86] I think i need to start going to a second support group...[79]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
              • Aug 2007

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="AKA*NYC"]
              Again, not to be an enabler, but I don't see anything wrong with buying a few pieces from American Apparel in size XXL, especially if you're a skinny guy.

[/quote]

aka nails one from the baseline....looks like his jumper is strong this evening...

[/quote]

yeah im after those two black ann tops. after customs/shipping we can round things off to like over 1k for both. a solid defense aka, but it has been rejected by default of voluntary BACK-HANDED ENABLING. sorry, i mean thats exactly like saying 'never mind the price of bread, we dont need to chop the kings head off; we can just make sandwiches out of gigantic red american apparel flex fleece sweatpants.' or using the fucking back-board to drain a baseline jumper. its impious. plus, i already own a few drkshdw/ro t's in XL that fit oversized but its the sloppy kind from simply sizing up which i like sometimes but that ann one looks a lot more fitted and smooth i think. i really like the tank too even though its totally girly but with an ann vest over it will look dopppe.

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

I dunno man, it looks like a girl wearing her boyfriend's shirt around the house. What about that is different from oversized AA shirts? Maybe if you leave the pricetag on someone will know the difference, but I really don't see how it could be worth $500 to look like you're just out of a (much larger) someone else's bed.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Voltaire-ADL, I'm gonna give it another try :)

The black "sack" that this man is wearing reminds me of when some poor "wet behind the ears" sailor was tossed overboard as punishment for not washing the poop deck correctly, then hauled back up and then forced to go back to work while his drenched clothes sag off of his moth-eaten body. It's not sharp, it's sloppy and formless and requires no imagination or creativity to make it. It's not distinctly Ann, it's distinctly oversized.

If you're looking at two amorphous pieces of cheap black fabric (and lets face it, Ann's quality has gone down faster than Sevigny on Gallo in Brown Bunny.Low stitch-per-inch count, cheap material, and even less creativity). that have exactly 4 holes (2 glorified "sleeves" and a smaller hole for your nugget and another for your legs), then look no further than your local friendly salvation army where you can very easily get something that fits just as "well" and costs closer to the value of the "design" of this look (that is: 75 cents per piece before tax).

Sure it may be Ann, and you may want to support her, and it may feel better knowing you got that rectangular black and white tag with her name on it slapping against your neck as you walk, but in the end, if you're gonna layer with it, people aren't going to see the lovely drape, flow or multiple layers of black tee. Save yourself the $1k.

YOU ARE PAYING ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR TWO SHORT SLEEVE SHIRTS.

No fabric in the world costs that much. This is like 3 yards of black cotton in the end. Not even cotton, dyed with the blood of the archangel Gabriel and picked by Moses himself and then used to wrap the baby Jesus costs that much for three yards of fabric.

Not to mention the various sweat shops that now make Ann's stuff took precisely 10 minutes to measure, cut and sew (and laugh at all the suckers that will be buying regular black cotton sacks for five hundred a pop) this thing.

*whew*!!

In all honesty though Voltaire, that's really expensive for what you get from Ann... or from anyone else for two drapey t-shirts. To put it in perspective, even MA+/CCP/LMaltieri tees are on the order of $300ish. At least wait until deep discount time... I'm sure they'll still be around then especially since so many places carry Ann worldwide, you can almost certainly score it for a fraction of retail my friend.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Purity
                    • Apr 2007

Sorry guys, I disagree. I think he should buy the shirt and rock that shit!

Yeah, i followed faust's guide on how to post pictures but failed miserably. Press it.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

^ wrong thread Purity!

No enablers allowed [86]

*edit*

Genius Purity. Non-enabling by faux-enabling.

I love it!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Purity
                        • Apr 2007

hahaha! great post Chinorlz, love the part about the cotton.

But in all seriousness, we must have made a compelling enough argument that he will back away from that cotton garbage bag.

Comment

• Aug 2007

you had me at:

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

and lets face it, Ann's quality has gone down faster than Sevigny on Gallo in Brown Bunny.

[/quote]

[64]

Comment

• pbt
                            • Jan 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Not even cotton, dyed with the blood of the archangel Gabriel and picked by Moses himself and then used to wrap the baby Jesus costs that much for three yards of fabric.

[/quote]

Comment

• Aug 2007

[quote user="theetruscan"] but I really don't see how it could be
                              worth $500 to look like you're just out of a (much larger) someone
                              else's bed.
                              [/quote]

reminding me how cool i think the 'i just
                              had sex with a giant now i gotta slide on some slippers and make the beast
                              breakfast before she breaks me' look is almost trumps chinz closing
                              statement. hmm im in limbo...

Comment

• pbt
                                • Jan 2007

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="pbt"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you might love it.

[/quote]

Faust, you've gone and broken the rules of FSG. I am soon gonna be $30.00 poorer, unless before I bite the bullet latertonightsomeone recommendsa different translation(Volokhonsky and Peavear?) over this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎