X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sshum88
    • Dec 2007

Leather - RO, Julius and others

Thanks guys for your comments. I'm looking for a thicker leather if such a thing exists based on the assumption that items from F/W are thicker than S/S. I've been eyeing the black/milk jacket that ardeetee has up but it is from S/S08. Also not sure if I like how the arm/shoulder treatment works for me.

I like the high collar that a lot of SZ members have but very difficult to find these days in my size (SM/MED) and I'm not willing to pay the retail price that RO NY wants for it.

There is this plainer/simpler one up on SuFu but I also believe it is S/S.

Originally posted by Casius View Post
    Completely agree with Faust- Some of the ones this season are more than suspect.
    Originally posted by eat me
    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• jamesd
      • Sep 2008

I was wondering how people might have changed their decision-making process since the economy turned: specifically, has your threshold changed regarding whether you purchase something retail or chance it and wait for sales? For example, would you now wait for a piece that last year you would have bought at retail?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

the current pricing level already is reason enough to wait for sales.

that said, if you look for a thread called RSG - recession support group, you'll find some thoughts on this.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• LEWisMe
          • Jul 2007

Anyone here have one of the Julius heavy coats? I finally got to try one of these bad boys on and fell in love.

I'm curious how the fabric will wear. Is it rubberized wool?

Photo from Komakino:
          "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• Canaduh0415
            • Feb 2008

Anyone have the new BBS Asym leather for SS? Opinons, thinking about pulling the trigger
            It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• maldoror
              • Jun 2007

Jean Help

my staple jeans, the jr hoboken black bullets, are on their last legs and I'm looking for a replacement. if I could buy these again I would, but since I can't I was wondering if someone could recommend a similar wash from another brand. looking to spend < $400 (ideally signficantly less than). thanks.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Number (N)ine, maldoror.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

I have it and its f..amazing. I just love it...its quite rough though, and you should check if you can fit in it.
                  I talked to Boris and asked him about the small fit of it and he told me that they had some issues with the shrinking during the production. Result was that it came out smaller than usual.
                  Next season will be back to normal, but for me the SS fit is perfect!

BTW Can someone help me and explain how to reset my computer to show pics with normal resolution?
                  All the pics show up totally blurry and with superlow resolution ...dont know what i could have done to cause this. The rest is normal as always...

Originally posted by Canaduh0415 View Post
                  Anyone have the new BBS Asym leather for SS? Opinons, thinking about pulling the trigger
                  Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

in your browser? or everywhere? which os and browser?
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

Every pic which is displayed while i am browsing looks blurry, even the letters for the set in ads. But the regular text or the smileys look sharp as always. And its the same for every site i open.
                      I can barely see faces or correct colours...ahhhh help me A!!!
                      I am using Mozilla Firefox
                      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

try pressing ctrl+0

Comment

• KodakII
                          • Sep 2008

Could someone tell me what the inseam on Margiela dress pants is?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by KodakII View Post
                            Could someone tell me what the inseam on Margiela dress pants is?
                            Usually 34", pretty much the standard.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by LEWisMe View Post
                              Anyone here have one of the Julius heavy coats? I finally got to try one of these bad boys on and fell in love.

I'm curious how the fabric will wear. Is it rubberized wool?

Photo from Komakino:
                              Sergei_S has it. I remember him liking it on the first impression.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
                                • Sep 2006

threedifferent doesn't mark down right?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎