X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asho
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by image View Post
    Does anyone know a cobbler in NYC that has an instep stretcher? All shoe places have shoe stretchers that stretch width in the front, but they also make a stretcher to stretch the height of a shoe... which I think will solve the problem of the CCP double-jointed boots for me.

I could buy one on ebay for around $120 but would prefer not to.
    you can't stretch an area with much success if it has stitching... you should try stretch spray though, but make sure you spray it on the lining as well as on the upper.

Comment

• sshum88
      • Dec 2007

Re: shrinking leather. it will be very difficult to control the amount of shrinkage as well as the specific areas of shrinkage even if you carefully wet a small area and only apply heat to that area. I wouldn't want to apply this type of experiment to such an expensive item. As someone suggested, you are better off selling the boots and finding a smaller size.
      Originally posted by eat me
      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Nikov View Post
        i think theyre the same fit that N(N) makes every season. i bought a black pair back in january and it fits like normal. i assume that it was part of the spring season because i remember them selling out late last year.
        thanks for clarifying that for me Nikov. I tried a size 2 pair a while back but they weren't really slim on me, size 1 would fit better but I don't think they'd give me the fit I'm looking for.

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

anybody have any tricks for keeping white fabrics from yellowing?

i got a raf vs eastpak bag from bootlegs and i wana know how i can prevent it from turning into an off-white monstrosity :/
          —
          -

Comment

• Jon
            • Apr 2008

^ what's the fabric? I think Nylon will yellow from UV. maybe there's a spray you can apply...?
            Originally posted by merz
            perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• curiouscharles
              • Jan 2008

ok wow, it literally doesn't have material composition percentages on the tag... only "care instructions"

but yeah, it's nylon, with cotton straps (oh so many straps)

i'll research nylon and UV protection, didn't even realize that was a factor

[how be jon man? in ed-mantan]
              —
              -

Comment

• Jon
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                [how be jon man? in ed-mantan]
                it sucks. and it's cold.
                Originally posted by merz
                perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

I'm sure this has been addressed before but it's difficult to search for.

I'm assuming any tailor can handle hemming a pair of DRKSHDWs and maintaining the original shredded hem? Can I just take a pair of scissors to them myself and then re-shred them?

Comment

• Magician
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                    I'm sure this has been addressed before but it's difficult to search for.

I'm assuming any tailor can handle hemming a pair of DRKSHDWs and maintaining the original shredded hem? Can I just take a pair of scissors to them myself and then re-shred them?
                    Keeping the original hem is a standard tailoring procedure. Should be no more than 12 bucks or so.

Still it might be fun to do it yourself (I would), as long as you're not stressing about "maintaining integrity" just make sure you measure where you cut so you don't end up with uneven lengths.
                    Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Nikov
                      • Nov 2008

probably worth experimenting on an old pair of jeans first. achieving the right level of "distressing" is never as easy as it sounds, especially if it will be your first time.

Comment

• quiet noise
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2008

how does sizing work with waistcoats? if 46cm is a good pit to pit measurement for me in suits, does that mean that a waistcoat with that measurement would work also, or is that like comparing apples and oranges?

Comment

• jojje
                          • Jul 2008

is it possible to cancel a claim when paypal already decided the outcome?
                          ________
                          Live Sex Webshows
                          Last edited by jojje; 09-17-2011, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• ironman
                            • Apr 2008

i don't think so; if it's already decided you probably can't do anything. dunno why you'd want to cancel, but you can try to e-mail them. they get back to you fairly quickly

and @ quiet noise, from my experience i typically size down one for waistcoats, but depends on how you want to wear it; plus it's best to go by measurements if available

Comment

• quiet noise
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                              it's best to go by measurements if available
                              Yeah, but the question is if my suit measurements (aka 44-46 cm pit to pit) would work out in waistcoats aswell, or if i should go for something smaller.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

should work fine, or if your shirts measure slightly less, go with that
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎