Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sshum88
    • Dec 2007

Agree with Ironman. I have two waist coats and I sized down on both one size. I like a fairly tight fit with my waist coats which is sometimes possible if they have a strap in the back.

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
    how does sizing work with waistcoats? if 46cm is a good pit to pit measurement for me in suits, does that mean that a waistcoat with that measurement would work also, or is that like comparing apples and oranges?
    Originally posted by eat me
    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Who?
      • Aug 2007

Is there a way to change the title of a thread in the classified?
      WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

not particularly great in terms of shopping, for me at least the only place I check out around mid town is barneys. but if you're fairly close to a metro stop then its not a huge problem. check out the google map in the sticky thread to get an idea.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sshum88
          • Dec 2007

Midtown east is convenient if you are staying for 4 weeks to get to the different sites that you want to visit but not a great shopping area as mike says. Soho and all the new little areas on the fringes of Soho are much better.
          Originally posted by eat me
          If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

SoHo is dead, except for Grand St.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nikov
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
              thanks a lot. Not staying in NY for four weeks, just 4-5 days. Just visiting Barneys, Atelier, RO Store ( most likely not buying when I live in Europe), IF and maybe Odin.

Not going to shop right outside my door anyways, but noticed Barneys wasn't too far away. Looks like a lot of decent restaurants are not too far away from my hotel, and beside from that it's close to St patrick's Cathedral.
              you can cover all of these in the same afternoon

i suggest Atelier/RO -> IF -> Odin

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                come on, I know it can be kind of wack but theres definately at least a few good stores and some nice restaurants as well
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I stumbled upon the dopest jewelry store last time I was in Soho...Carried Monica Castiglioni pieces which are nothing short of amazing.
                  Other than that, I kind of agree with Faust. I like the new Yohji staff in MEPA, they seem more welcoming than the Soho branch. IF is cool but I never feel compelled to buy anything when I'm there. Don't know why.
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• villanueva
                    • Feb 2009

noob question (sufu wont give me an answer boo):
                    is the sillouete of these annD combat boots

similar to those of the slimmish side zip rick owens combats

thx

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Not even close in my opinion.

The toe on the Rick boot is much more bulbous and a lot wider. Also the sole sticks out a lot more. (on both the Spring and even more on the Fall version)

Comment

• villanueva
                        • Feb 2009

thx for the info casius. still it seems like the rick boot's "bulbous toe" is what adds to its charm and completes the sillouette

does anyone have a great fit pic of the ann boot by any chance

Comment

• Huxley
                          • Dec 2007

Who is the artist/photographer that Ann Demeulemeester used images from on past t-shirts and whatnot. Early 1900s involving angels/little kids or something. I can't remember.

Comment

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by villanueva View Post
                            thx for the info casius. still it seems like the rick boot's "bulbous toe" is what adds to its charm and completes the sillouette

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by villanueva View Post

They're two totally different looks. I'm not quite sure I get what you're asking....

Comment

• Jon
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Huxley View Post
                                Who is the artist/photographer that Ann Demeulemeester used images from on past t-shirts and whatnot. Early 1900s involving angels/little kids or something. I can't remember.
                                Any pics? Sort of cartoon-ish style.... Kara Walker?

Lot of african american/slave intonations in her work. Don't know that much else about her...

Edit: tried looking for images of the work w/ Ann, but didn't find anything, maybe flickr?
                                Originally posted by merz
                                perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎