Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Babyshamble
    • Apr 2009

I have no idea where this goes and did not want to start a new thread so will post here.

Does anyone use both Google checkout and PayPal. I don't use PayPal and a seller I am in contact with does, so I'm wondering if someone can let me transfer some $ to their Googlecheckout and then forward on to PayPal for me. The seller will ship the shoes directly to me so all you are doing is forwarding them funds on.

As a thank you, I will use my 40% at Oki Ni discount for the person should they find anything on their site and give the person who helps 10% of the sale.

Please help! :)

Comment

• CHRIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

i recently purchased a bag that was described as used, with signs of "some" wear. the bag arrived, and although pretty filthy, i wasnt really bothered by that. however the seller completely left out the fact that the straps are literally falling apart.

the left picture shows how the strap should be. the right picture shows the actual condition. i'd say more than half of the entire strap has come unglued (i didnt show all the problematic areas). it seems as if the seller even re-glued a good portion (notice the bubbles, stiffness, discoloration)...

anyways, my question is -- am i being completely unreasonable in my request for a partial refund? the seller seems to think so, as i'm being ignored.

Comment

• Vanna
        • May 2008

You're asking for just a partial refund? That's pretty good of you, I would probably ask for all of my money back. The damage to the strap is absolutely ridiculous.
        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• CHRIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2006

the only thing stopping me from filing a paypal claim is the fact that the bag is pretty cool otherwise. we'll see i guess.

any other thoughts? how much should the partial refund be, given that the seller actually agrees to one? im not sure quite sure if the amount im thinking is fair..
          Last edited by CHRIS; 05-15-2009, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Who?
            • Aug 2007

Chris if the bag is that cool find out the cost to repair it and ask for that amount. If he won't agree to that I'd say fuck him and open the claim.
            WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
              the only thing stopping me from filing a paypal claim is the fact that the bag is pretty cool otherwise. we'll see i guess.

any other thoughts? how much should the partial refund be, given that the seller actually agrees to one? im not sure quite sure if the amount im thinking is fair..
              What would be the cost of getting the strap repaired by a reputable leatherworker? That's a reasonable partial refund.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

the glueing part is very easy and probably wouldn't cost more then a few bucks, not sure about the crumbled up part but I think it could be straightened at least a bit and then glued.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• CHRIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2006

i just assumed that any re-gluing would just fuck up the suede again and furthermore.. but ill take it to someone and see.

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

has lad musician produced any leather jackets other than perfecto style rider jackets since FW07?

Comment

• JSebbe
                      • Mar 2008

What places are selling ''Undercover: The Shepherd'', only flagships?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
                        i just assumed that any re-gluing would just fuck up the suede again and furthermore.. but ill take it to someone and see.
                        well it was clearly glued together in the manufacturing and not done very well... a cobbler/leatherworker's glue is going to do it right. Someone's Julius belt on here suffered the same problem and it came out nicely after they brought it to the cobbler. They got some good glue that is flexible and strong.

you're right on the money in regards to the re-glued part. That's a shame because it was done so poorly. I'd venture to guess that the previous owner carried it for a while with the two parts separate and perhaps one strip of the two that make up the strap is weaker/thinner than the other resulting in stretching. Like Arto said, take it to the shop and see what they can do. Better to get it fixed now before it gets any worse and most certainly request at least some sort of compensation (ie- they pay for the reglue work)!

Cool bag or not, fair is fair.
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by JSebbe View Post
                          What places are selling ''Undercover: The Shepherd'', only flagships?
                          it was released more widely this year, sprmrkt in Amsterdam at least had them.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• JSebbe
                            • Mar 2008

Thanks, I'll try mail and see if they still have it!

Comment

• croatoan
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by dji View Post
                              has lad musician produced any leather jackets other than perfecto style rider jackets since FW07?
                              Now that you mention it, I don't believe they have.

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

that's a shame, the cut and leather of their jackets looks great. fingers crossed for a cafe racer from them next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎