• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Diego View Post
    Box jeans are from aw07.
    Thank you!

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

Question about the break in dress pants

I recently purchased a Lanvin suit. It's from the "fashion" collection (as opposed to the old man collection), but the pants are more of a classic cut. Before purchasing this, I really have only owned slim cut suits. I went to Lanvin's tailor and he hemmed the pants for me. When I got the pants back, I thought they were too long. The rear of the leg opening almost touches the ground when I'm wearing shoes. Now when I wear a slim cut suit, I like the have the pants hem pretty high, usually no break at all. But since this is a different style suit with a much wided leg, I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I leave the length the way it is, or should I bring it up a few cm? I was thinking 2, 3 max. I've asked some friends, and about half said to raise the hem, and the other half said it perfect the way it is.

Here are some photos of how it looks now (BTW it's not this shiny/radioactive looking in real life!) What do you guys think I should do?

And the full front photo, for reference...

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

I would suggest taking it up by 1.5 cm. Just so the hem at the back is just level with the top of the heel.Or mid way up the heel.
        But with things like this, it is all down to personal preference.
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

MikeNouveau, they're definitely too long in the back I think. At that length they'll end up getting worn very quickly. As Shye said, ~1.5cm shorter.
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• baizilla
            • Sep 2006

hmm.. for a moment there i thought this was the WTF-thread.

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

:(
              Yeah it's weird the color is actually dark gray in person, but they look really light colored here. For reference here's a photo that catches the color slightly better...

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

I wouldn't shorten then too much, look at how Branquinho and YSL styled wider pants and copy that. Since they're going to be a little bit long get the tailor to add a piece of fabric inside to protect the hem. Wider pants should be longer IMHO unless you cuff.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

Maybe 1-1.5 cm?

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                    Maybe 1-1.5 cm?
                    Are you always going to wear these with thin soled shoes? I'd say about 1CM. The idea is to go for that 70s relaxed feel. Branquinho came to mind immediately but YSL FW08 could be a good inspiration; tight pants were cropped and large pants were about what I recommend, sometimes as much as what you have right now. Is the fabric stiff or flowing? The front is going to be trickier as you want it to break at a single point when you're standing still instead of the two main points you got now. Make sure you're really clear about what you want as alteration at Lanvin are probably made by an outside tailor, even though they have a tailoring outfit on site.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• MikeN
                      • Nov 2007

Yeah the shoes in the photos are also lanvin so those will be the ones I wear with this suit most of the time. I didn't buy the suit from the Lanvin store, but I bought everything else there. My sales associate gave me the contact info of their tailor and I went to see him. The issue is my french isn't great and he spoke zero english. I think they still came out how we both fully intended, but now I am realizing I want them a bit shorter. When I bring them back, I'm going to bring one of my french speaking friends so everything is perfectly clear. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                        • Mar 2009

The fabric does not seem to look too flowy. As Fuuma suggested,get some tape on the hem at the back.
                        Occasionaly with looser fitting trousers,i tend to cut the hem at angle,so it is slightly shorter at the front(only very slightly).
                        This way you could get one clean break at the front.
                        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

mike, you're going to look awesome in "candid" photos when you wear this suit out :) Full on radioactive body FTW!

Love to see it worn sans flash though. Interested to see Lanvin suit silhouettes off the runway.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Speak
                            • Nov 2007

What color is this Rick Owens Tank?

And then, where can I purchase it in S ;) ?

Comment

• mass
                              • Sep 2006

pearl i THINK!

it's his most beautiful colour

Comment

• diamonds
                                • Dec 2006

looks like it could be dust too. they change a bit every season so....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎