• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
    depends on how you define it. its hard for me to speak of myself in such terms, but the fact that i rarely leave the house outside of professional capacity should say something. there is something oddly amusing to the thought of much attention paid to wardrobe when one can think of no place to go, nor that much desire to.

meaningful connections are few and far in between because they're happy accidents. much can go wrong between people and even more simply goes nowhere. past a certain age the effort doesn't seem to justify the usual outcome.

so yeah, hoping for the best and expecting the usual. not sure if that makes me an introvert or just russian.
    That's how I feel sometimes. But, no I wouldn't say I'm an introvert. I just like to think, and apparently when I am thinking I look sad (people always ask me what's wrong all the time, when I'm simply thinking). Move to New York, G, you'll meet lots of SZers in real life.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CHRIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

its like this. theres the physical world, then theres my headspace. its like a neverending hallway with countless doors but only i can open and enjoy the contents. theres a movie theatre to my right, a courtroom to my left... sound absolutely bat shit crazy? then you're probably not introverted. um, and i fucking hate small talk. i cant be bothered with typical (and trivial) social niceties with all the analyzing/processing/contingency planning going on north!

i can put on my extraverted mask, when needed. its almost scary how fake i can be! (and scarier -- people think im being real)... so draining though...

faust -- people think i look angry when im off sorting out mind jumbles..
      Last edited by CHRIS; 06-13-2009, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• jcotteri
        • Jun 2008

in rarely bother with small talk either I have no time for trivia usually, nor do i care for it
        WTB: This

Comment

• Mail-Moth
          • Mar 2009

I don't believe in this "me/not me" thing. Thinking that when with other people one is wearing a mask and faking enjoyment or interest may be just another way to keep distance with this trivial part of yourself one dislikes the most - the gregary part.

I stopped some time ago feeling disgust or guilt for the fun I can have with my friends : my personal belief is that you can never betray yourself - only some false pictures you're deluding yourself with.

So I wouldn't depict myself as introverted anymore : there are only things in my mind that don't need to be put into words or shared with others, not because they would be parts of my most secret self, only because they're not meant for that purpose. Other people do not need them - nor do I, in a certain way. There may be intense perceptions, strange thoughts or fascinating dreams : at the end of the day there's nothing left of it all sometimes, or maybe something hardly recognizable. They come and go, I don't know where. I don't see them as emanations of "my true self", nor do I see my behaviour in company as some trickery that would help to keep "me" safe, away from the inquisitive looks. I enjoy working with young and older people, as I enjoy being left alone with nothing to do but numbly following half-thoughts and visions. I don't care which of both is the most authentic, the most "me" : I even could lie in both cases, after all. So what ? You still have to breath after having rolled this interesting questions all around, don't you ?

Wow. Am I still in the topic ?
          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

Sorry to read that, Merz.

"Small questions thread", huh ? Well maybe we should allow ourselves to read it ironicaly for the moment

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

How am I not myself?
              How am I not myself?
              How am I not myself?
              How... am I not... myself?
              music

Comment

• CHRIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                There may be intense perceptions, strange thoughts or fascinating dreams : at the end of the day there's nothing left of it all sometimes, or maybe something hardly recognizable. They come and go, I don't know where. I don't see them as emanations of "my true self", nor do I see my behaviour in company as some trickery that would help to keep "me" safe, away from the inquisitive looks.
                thank you for this! really.

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                there are only things in my mind that don't need to be put into words or shared with others, not because they would be parts of my most secret self, only because they're not meant for that purpose.
                i find interest in discussing the esoteric, i guess... many conversations i have with my favorite people would probably either perplex, offend, or bore most people. but im cool with that. i prize the connections i have, as tiring as they can be... however i can only count that number on a hand and a half. any more, and my mental/physical energy would be drained, no doubt!

my last post made me sound kinda evil. hmm, no, i put my mask on for work, when it is required...

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
                  my last post made me sound kinda evil. hmm, no, i put my mask on for work, when it is required...
                  Non, not at all. I know some nice people who talk the same about the way they behave at work, or when they go out. Nothing shocking in it.

Comment

• MoFiya
                    • Sep 2007

Sorry to break into your discussion.

How do you guys solve the problem with the overlength of the latest DRKSHDW Tees (mine is from SS 08). As I let it fall down straight, it looks like I'm wearing a dress. How do you tuck the shirt properly??
                    Or do you just have it shortened?
                    I am not a small person with 1,86m, yet wearing a Size Small even just looks ugly :-\
                    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

twist it around your torso
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

if you want to try and make the tee a bit smaller, you can try tumble drying. or if you're thinking about shortening it, I would rather taper it in the lower body. that way it bunches up a bit around the waist instead of flairing out like a skirt.

as for ways to wear it, you could twist it a bit, tuck one corner under the underside of your belt or something like that.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Egotist
                          • Sep 2008

If I'm a size 12 in most shoes (for reference I'm a 12 in Nike). What size would I go for in Augusta boots?

I have a pair of CCP side zips in a 12 that are about 1/2 size too big.

Comment

• CHRIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2006

does anyone know of any places (stateside) that have those baboon print t-shirts by christopher kane?

Comment

• xeraphim
                              • Nov 2008

not stateside, but luisaviaroma does carry that particular design...

Comment

• May 2007

Is there one or two "best" stores in Moscow to check out? I see a few on the shopping map but don't want to spend my time running around shopping while I'm there.

Can someone tell me which L'Eclaireur store(s) are worth checking out? I see several locations, going to be there in about a week.

Also does anyone know if the Rick Owens store in Paris still has the snakeskin trainers in a 45 (or if it is available in Moscow Paris or London anywhere?). Would love to grab them on sale somewhere...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎