Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lieutenant dan
    • Mar 2008

For Russia If the price of the parcel written in invoice is more than 10000 rubles (~317 dollars),
    will have to pay an extra 30%

Comment

• endorphinz
      Banned
      • Jun 2009

again, thanks for the replies

ok, so if $50 is the magic number for the US what do you do about insurance?

I have my eye on a $2000 piece. I won't feel comfortable shipping it without insurance but if the customs declared value is $50, can you still insure it with the carrier for $2000?

If not, it would be a big problem. What do Jap/US proxies do and what carrier do they use?

thanks again

Comment

• dan.de
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
        I have my eye on a $2000 piece. I won't feel comfortable shipping it without insurance but if the customs declared value is $50, can you still insure it with the carrier for $2000?
        The receipt will show the item description and the value that was declared by the sender. I highly doubt that they will refund you 2k for a 'used leather' with a declared value of 50$ but a loss of a signed package means very unwanted trouble for them and I've never heard of a lost item that had a tracking number.

Comment

• unujnha
          • Sep 2008

real or fake?
          "Man is certainly crazy. He could not make a mite, and he makes gods by the dozen."

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

with tracking it should be safe, the whole idea behind it, is that it's suppose to be tracked, and therefore both sender and buyer always knows where it is.

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

again, thank you

I'm not worried about the sender sending it but I am worried about it being lost in transit.

You guys feel that as long as there is a tracking # I should be OK?

Would you feel safe sending a $2K package from Japan to the US without insurance?

What carrier should I use?

thanks again. This is a whole new world to me

Comment

• magic
                • Feb 2009

i think Fedex is good. you can see every transit details on tracking. ask the sender to write your contact no. on the item in case anything happen.
                Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

EMS is highly reliable, fast and trackable, never heard of a package gone missing. Fedex, like other couriers, can be quite a bit more expensive unless you have an account with them.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• random
                    • Dec 2007

the fedex global express service is ridiculous. used it twice when in a hurry to receive from japan some gifts for friends, and it hit my apt within 48 hours. very expensive tho. a 3lbs package cost me about $250 or so.
                    I don't exist.

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

thanks for all the helpful replies.

so I guess as long as there is tracking, there is no need for insurance

speed is great but $250 is ridiculous.

I guess I'll ask to use EMS

thanks again

Comment

• Laconic
                        • Apr 2009

Hi guys,

I've been saving for a coat for ages, and finally have enough to pull the trigger. However, given where I live, it's impossible to try anything on... I still want to purchase one though. I've had my eye on the invisi-seam long coat, but figured I would wait until Carol's new collection drops. (In other words, wait like a week) What I'm asking is for personal recommendations on the invisi-seam or similar coats (in length, it doesn't have to be so minimalistic). As I already have a mediocre coat for Winter it doesn't matter what season.

Calling all enablers.
                        Thanks in advance,

Comment

• May 2007

l'eclaireur

Does anyone know if l'eclaireur ever discounts older seasons of CCP? I'm loving a leather jacket I found there from 2006 but would never pay the full retail price for it.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

not sure if they've ever done it, but mostly no.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

are you talking about that green leather jacket with shearling on the inside? i thought that one was kind of fail. i hear that if you go to l'eclarieur, you might be able to pull off some negotiations on pricing...
                              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

not really, unless you have a relationship. the day i was there, some oversized dude was buying up a storm, asked for a discount and was politely refused.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎