Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grapz
    • Sep 2008

Does any one know if atelier got any shipments of 09 / 10 FW ma+ accordion leather bags?

Comment

• sargon97
      • Jan 2009

Whats the condenses regarding putting thin rubber soles on boots?

I am getting some rubber heals put on my new Guidis and am thinking about putting a thin layer of rubber on the front. The main reason is I always feel like I am going to slip with leather soles.

Do people get better traction with leather as it wears in? Right now the Guidis are super slick.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

there will be a bit more friction when the leather is not as slick anymore. but come to think of it, my guidi laceups are probably the only ones I havent had soled in the front, and they are a bit slippery particularly in the winter.

all my other boots and shoes have thin rubber soles both on the heel and in the front, I prefer it that way.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Vanna
          • May 2008

Originally posted by galia View Post
          Oh, I know how to care for suede, I meant calf, the hairy leather.
          Kind of like this

should I use the same protective spray as for suede, or is there a different kind?
          It will develop bald spots from rubbing that even rogaine can't fix.

I have friends with hair calf bags and they end up looking like patchy sadnesses.
          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

That's what I was afraid of... Thank's for the input

Comment

• maldoror
              • Jun 2007

recently got a pair of second hand linen over leathers and previous owner must have been a serious smoker, because the boots reek of the stuff. I was hoping the scent would go away on it's own, but so far, no luck. anyone have any ideas on how to ameliorate this problem? I'm wary of throwing the boots in the wash, so any surface treatment concepts would be ideal. tia

Comment

• sshum88
                • Dec 2007

^ cigarette smoke is hard to get rid of since you don't want to wash the item. You could try liberally sprinkling baking soda on the item (is this footwear?) and let it sit for a few hours. Brush off afterwards. It's hard to say whether or not this method will work on the item that you have.

** I would test a small area beforehand to ensure that it doesn't cause any discoloration or some sort of unfavorable reaction to the item!
                Originally posted by eat me
                If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

I'd try letting them sit outdoors for a couple of nights (unless it rains). That can get rid of a lot of unpleasant smells in shoes, surprisingly enough

Comment

• Who?
                    • Aug 2007

After some very quick PS work I am wondering what pants out there look like either of these silhouettes:
                    WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• the breaks
                      • Sep 2007

The left one... LUC might work?
                      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

yea LUC for sure.

Who, if you happen to be roughly a size 44-46, pm me.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• maldoror
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by galia View Post
                          I'd try letting them sit outdoors for a couple of nights (unless it rains). That can get rid of a lot of unpleasant smells in shoes, surprisingly enough
                          much to my amazement just 24 hrs in the garden did the trick. never would have thought to try it on my own, thanks for the tip!

(thanks to sshum88 as well. didn't need to resort to snow tactics, but duly noted for future reference)

Comment

• Vikeid
                            • Feb 2009

asking here about help with matching colors. got this darkshadow, with a brownish tone-coloured knit the other day. i think the colour is kinda strange and its impossible to match it with stuff (i just want a tee under it). which color would you recommend? white looks kinda ok but i dont know..........

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

hard to say without seeing the garment, but should work with at least white and black? those are usually the easy ones. would imagine the right shades of grey or a greyish beige working as well, like the colour Damir uses for his t-shirts

Comment

• delirium
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                                recently got a pair of second hand linen over leathers and previous owner must have been a serious smoker, because the boots reek of the stuff. I was hoping the scent would go away on it's own, but so far, no luck. anyone have any ideas on how to ameliorate this problem? I'm wary of throwing the boots in the wash, so any surface treatment concepts would be ideal. tia
                                I would try baking soda, leaving outside to air out
                                as previously suggested

Also putting shoe trees or some other stuffing (newspaper) may help.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎