X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I think they'd fit a typical medium sized head the best. I usually wear some sort of a Large or equivalent in hats and had a cashmere one that was too small, but I think some other materials might be more stretchy.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Ivans On High
      Banned
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post
      Thanks for the input, Ivans. I was afraid that was basically the only solution.
      I should have mentioned that I fired off an email to the designer and had the retailer pay for the repair, and he also sent me a free pair of boots. Due compensation, and excellent customer service - although it doesn't excuse the dodgy construction.

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
        I think they'd fit a typical medium sized head the best. I usually wear some sort of a Large or equivalent in hats and had a cashmere one that was too small, but I think some other materials might be more stretchy.
        this is 100% cotton, so it should be some stretch in it. well I have to try on out anyway, could always sell for 50% in classifields as usual.

Comment

• advancedart
          • Jul 2008

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

quick question, is it a womens or mens RO jacket? What season? I want it

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ that's mens, from FW 08.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Catfood
              • Oct 2008

He did the same cut in a different leather for this season, too. Saw it in person and wasn't impressed with the leather, the versions from S/S 08 and F/W 08 are nicer.

Browns has this seasons one on their website if I remember correctly.

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                A DECENT cobble should be able to fix this no problem. However, seems like a defect, and if you just got them why don't you send them back?
                I fixed this myself.
                I'm not sure how Rick Owens deals with customers but I doubt I could return a pair of boots that have been worn for a few months for a replacement.
                What seemed to be the issue was the stitching around the edge of the boot that was stitched so tightly that when the ball of the foot would bend (with weight on it) that the pressure caused the squeak.
                I simply put some WD40 lubricant on the stitching, wiped it down and so far it's been silenced.
                If it comes back, I may send an email to the NY store and see if they can advise. But for now, I'm stepping silently again.
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by advancedart View Post
                  Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

quick question, is it a womens or mens RO jacket? What season? I want it
                  This is the black leather version of the jacket I'm currently selling in nylon. Agree 100% about the leather from 08 being better than the current leather but these are tough to find...Komakino had them on sale earlier this year but they're sold out.
                  Having looked for almost a full calendar year for one of these in medium/large, I gave up.
                  I did see one on Ebay about 5 months ago that had some damage to it but these things are really rare...either people love them too much to pass them along or there just weren't too many in production.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

that girls pretty cute too
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

I thought that would be the style which was not so sought after. I had the subjective feeling that it is left over in any store i went too last season...i tried it on on Seoul, fits very very tight...not a fan of the velcro (haha, i know) on the collar though...
                      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                        I thought that would be the style which was not so sought after. I had the subjective feeling that it is left over in any store i went too last season...i tried it on on Seoul, fits very very tight...not a fan of the velcro (haha, i know) on the collar though...
                        This may be very true. I thought that after I saw them on sale in the Komakino shop that it would be easy to track one down...the velcro seems out of the way for the most part on my other jacket when it's not hooked.
                        Not like on some of the newer jackets where it's right in the way and catches on whatever you're wearing underneath.
                        I admit though that Velcro + leather is usually a pretty bad idea.

Comment

• raddy
                          • Oct 2008

isn't this the same jacket as the two tone just in solid?

you prefer the moto collar with velcro to this one?
                          Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• sargon97
                            • Jan 2009

Is it just me or does that jacket look a bit big on her? Anyway, those were on sale at a number of places, so I assume not very popular.

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

The main difference is the (actually brilliant in concept) wool insets at the shoulders. This lets you get a really tight fit on a leather without feeling like you're in a straight jacket with the upper body/shoulders when you lift your arms.
                              Also has the same wool insets down the arms which can give you a super tight sleeve/arm for the extra length to gather a little better than just bunching up on your wrists like some of the leathers do.

A perfect fit is essential for this thing to work (as addict mentioned, it is tight) but between the details and the wool and the way it fits, it's a little more interesting than just the average leather jacket imo.

Of course, it's just a matter of taste. The nylon version that I have is amazing in terms of construction and how it fits on the body. Maybe not as practical as a traditional leather jacket but I've always thought they look really well being worn.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
                                He did the same cut in a different leather for this season, too. Saw it in person and wasn't impressed with the leather, the versions from S/S 08 and F/W 08 are nicer.

Browns has this seasons one on their website if I remember correctly.
                                You are right! Saw it today. Did not like it.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎