Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vikeid
    • Feb 2009

ah ok, was afraid of that : / have to just keep tucking it. looks good as long as you have something over it.

Comment

• Wax
      • Sep 2009

hm Insight said that they are meant to be cut to your size but can't vouch for that

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

I've cut drkshdw tees before and it turned out fine. The cotton was denser though :(
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

Can these Ann D. sneakers be resoled when it's worn out?

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Yes, and no. You have to be very careful with them. Unless you have a very even step, you will wear down the sneaker before you wear down the rubber, and that will ruin them. The rubber itself can be easily replaced.

Because of the way I step, I had to get steel heel protectors on these to get them to last more than 4-5 wearings between "reheelings"
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
              Yes, and no. You have to be very careful with them. Unless you have a very even step, you will wear down the sneaker before you wear down the rubber, and that will ruin them. The rubber itself can be easily replaced.

Because of the way I step, I had to get steel heel protectors on these to get them to last more than 4-5 wearings between "reheelings"
              Sorry, not really understanding the part about wearing down the sneaker before the rubber. How's that possible?

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                Sorry, not really understanding the part about wearing down the sneaker before the rubber. How's that possible?
                Rubber is soft and very thin, as well as being ever so slightly smaller than the base of the non-sole part of the shoe. Unless you step with a very "flat foot" you will abrade away the edge around whichever part of your foot hits first. Least that has been my experience.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                  Rubber is soft and very thin, as well as being ever so slightly smaller than the base of the non-sole part of the shoe. Unless you step with a very "flat foot" you will abrade away the edge around whichever part of your foot hits first. Least that has been my experience.
                  understood...tks...

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

if the sole wears from the edge of the heel for example, you should be able to just partially replace the rubber layer.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• quiet noise
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

Ok, im going to order My first pair of combat boots but im a little curios about sizing. The boots are 12 holed military boots, and i was wondering if there was some kind of general rule for whats more comfortable for this kind of boots, a half size small or a half too large? I guess it varies somewhat depending on the shape of the boots in particular, but still...

Comment

• sargon97
                        • Jan 2009

You can't really generalize; it depends on the brand. However all other things being equal I would error on .5 size too large. That gives you room for thicker socks in winter etc.

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

Non, true to size of course.
                          Boots are shoes, aren't they ?

Comment

• quiet noise
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

Yeah and i guess i could always get away with an insole or two

Comment

• mononon
                              • Sep 2009

speaking of resoling, where is a good place to get it done in the downtown los angeles area or even near pasadena for the best price?

and for RO trainers, when is a "necessary" time to get them resoled before they are too late? i've been too damn lazy

also, did DBSS ever come out with a pair of highs in distressed deerskin in yellow colour?

thanks!
                              Last edited by mononon; 09-23-2009, 11:26 AM.
                              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• huckleberry
                                • Jul 2009

one of the laces on my augusta's has snapped, was wondering of any lace suggestions to replace or how I would go about getting more of the same laces (the originals). Every where in my town and online seems to sell crappy laces.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎