Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • merkuri
    • Sep 2009

did it have wool inserts like the f/w pilot's jacket?

Comment

• kbi
      • Feb 2009

Think so yes. Btw. was there a pilot made in all blistered leather?

Comment

• dndy1840
        • Sep 2008

I am very sorry to differ, but I always found the two-tone "over-designed" (since the word is so popular these days) and def not timeless : why putting such a severe and graphical contrast on a very organic piece (second skin leather obviously treated and used) ? This is a nonsense to me, a useless/meaningless detail.
        It doesn't bring nothing in terms of silhouette but in fact breaking it - in the bad sense.

This kind of geometrical lines and graphical designs belongs, if not in WTF (often), at least in the minimalist patterns of tailored pieces, such as RAF or Jil Sander jackets, and certainly not to an effortless and "comfy" designer such as RO.

That said, it is just my opinion, and I am prepared to be reasoned :-)

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dndy1840 View Post
          I am very sorry to differ, but I always found the two-tone "over-designed" (since the word is so popular these days) and def not timeless : why putting such a severe and graphical contrast on a very organic piece (second skin leather obviously treated and used) ? This is a nonsense to me, a useless/meaningless detail.
          It doesn't bring nothing in terms of silhouette but in fact breaking it - in the bad sense.

This kind of geometrical lines and graphical designs belongs, if not in WTF (often), at least in the minimalist patterns of tailored pieces, such as RAF or Jil Sander jackets, and certainly not to an effortless and "comfy" designer such as RO.

That said, it is just my opinion, and I am prepared to be reasoned :-)
          Au contraire!!! The mix of soft and hard, ying and yang, dark and light, this is the stuff life is made of! And so is Rick!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dndy1840
            • Sep 2008

I guess my vision of Rick is twisted : I only see the sportswear-ish tendency of his creations, and hardly nothing hard nor brutal. Luxury sweatpants with überlong tees and "soft" monkish boots, that's my RO (and I am not really into it).

As for life, I thought there was only joy, light and happiness : have I been deceived all those years ?

Comment

• beardown
              rekoner
              • Feb 2009

I'm definitely backing the two-tone as something classically timeless. I'm not sure if it would have been as well pulled off with any other color combination but the stark beauty and contrast created by a powerful, finite line just adds to the strength of the cut and the rest of the smaller details.

Not only aesthetically but I think worn properly, that visual line can help create some not-so subtle movement along an outfit. Surely not subtle, but very visually stark.

I don't think it's easy as a designer to create something that's both powerful and still unobtrusive but I think this jacket did that well.
              Originally posted by mizzar
              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

Plus, I think that the blistered effect is a detail which makes the color change seem not so harsh but more like a natural change in color - saying the change is obvious but still fluent like a sunrise and not like dark & night in contrast (well, way too metaphorical, I know, but I do kinda hard expressing aesthetical things in English).

However, I don't really got my hands on it... Just like to trade my Obscur leather for this particular jacket (chris is selling one, I messaged him but he doesnt seem to respond).

It's lamb leather, isnt it?
                Thanks for your oppinions :)
                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

I have the strange feeling that everyone is selling the newly received Obscur leather right now...here or on SUFU...or is it just a wrong impression?
                  Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

only 3 people I believe SA, and then only due to sizing issues. wore mine on Monday.

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

Got it D! Was just wondering...

Originally posted by dji View Post
                      only 3 people I believe SA, and then only due to sizing issues. wore mine on Monday.
                      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

Trust me, I would love to keep it...
                        I avoid looking at it because everytime it says like "wear me, I am cool" and I have to admit "sorry, I am too big" - I hate that dialogues with the jacket, they make me feel real bad.

edit.. just realized I am talking shit
                        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ haha, no way, this is awesome. you have a RELATIONSHIP with your things - it's beautiful.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

it's probably a stupid question, but does anyone know how to speed up to process of softening up the leather of a shoe.
                            My feet tolerate nothing, and I can't walk around with bleeding feet for months until they finally break in, it's just more than I can bear

I tried the freezing then wear with thick socks thing, and it helped slightly, but not enough
                            I was told to wear them over damp feet but I'm afrait it might make them smelly

anyone has other weird methods for me to try ?

edit : the problem is specifically in the heel area. I basically get intense blisters all the time

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Maybe have them stretched a little by a cobbler?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• merkuri
                                • Sep 2009

^they sell $15 shoe stretchers. i have used these with pretty good results, they are essentially a turn and crank.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎