X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerry
    • Feb 2008

Re: Small questions thread- reminiscence

I don't really get upset over not being able to own clothing, but those stupid Margiela flip-toe flats have been stuck my head (I even dreamed about them!) since I neglected to buy them at Barneys. I've been stalking ebay.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

CCP jeans. I told myself I would never pay that much for jeans but now, if I had them, I think I would be content without ever buying jeans again. The.Best.Fitting.Jean.Ever.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• winQ
        Banned
        • Dec 2006

Last time was in September of the 2007. Julius ram riders jacket from Fixed, 170k yen b/o. I didn't think anybody would throw down on a used leather jacket in unknown condition for near full retail. Well, I was very, very wrong. I agonized over that for months, up until another one finally popped up this march.

Another time would be when a pair of cdiems popped up for $600 from threedifferent. I saw the listing 10 minutes after she put it up and thought about it, checked back 30 minutes later and les bought it out. They be on Fuuma's feet right now if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

[quote user="Casius"]CCP jeans. I told myself I would never pay that much for jeans but now, if I had them, I think I would be content without ever buying jeans again. The.Best.Fitting.Jean.Ever.[/quote]

the overlock white ones i told you to buy?

great thread within a thread faust[Y]

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

No, not those (I think they're still there!).

But I tried them on at Maxfield a while back and I think DHC actually picked them up later on. I've tried to replicate the fit but have come up short. They were raw denim with overlock detailing....so sick.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

nobody can fuck w good jeans

Comment

• drexl
                • Sep 2006

Late summer 2005, Cloak fall 04 shoulder flap black suit. It sat there at U&I for a good year, untouched (even at 50%). By the time I had scraped up enough dough to buy it, t'was gone.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

the one that got away

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

I started a "one that got away" thread around here awhile ago. The last thing I regret is not buying more from Cloak SS 06, I was at an NYU summer program and my dorm was on Lafayette and Canal so I was right next to the boutique. I went there the morning sales started and there was so much I would kill for now, but I bought a button up and a pair of pants and that's it. I felt guilty cause I had blown my wad at Dior, oh what a fool I was...

[quote user="drexl"]Late summer 2005, Cloak fall 04 shoulder flap black suit. It sat there at U&I for a good year, untouched (even at 50%). By the time I had scraped up enough dough to buy it, t'was gone.
                    [/quote]

music

Comment

• mesh
                      • Dec 2006

Reading all these responses validates the fact that hindsight is 20/20.

Fortunately I've not been in this situation, I'vegotten the few things that I just had to have and gotten luckyon a few I didn't get right away due to the cost and ended up loving even more.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

[quote user="mesh"]

Reading all these responses validates the fact that hindsight is 20/20.

Fortunately I've not been in this situation, I'vegotten the few things that I just had to have and gotten luckyon a few I didn't get right away due to the cost and ended up loving even more.

[/quote]

as i tried to illustrate w my example--it's not hindsight is 20/20, its luck or karma. you can want something for years, and when it comes down to it you can still lose in your quest while others triumph. nature of life, unfortunately, and why you should be stoked when you do get something you lust after.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                          • Dec 2006

okay all i remember is he is an asian designer and goes by some weird name like "nodesigner" or something like that. he's not really a fashion designer he is just a "designer" he makes clothes, items, furniture, etc...anyone know who i am talking about? and he's young.

?!?!? my bookmarks got lost and now i cant find him!

Comment

• Servo2000
                            • Oct 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]

okay all i remember is he is an asian designer and goes by some weird name like "nodesigner" or something like that. he's not really a fashion designer he is just a "designer" he makes clothes, items, furniture, etc...anyone know who i am talking about? and he's young.

?!?!? my bookmarks got lost and now i cant find him!

[/quote]

NOPATTERN?

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• diamonds
                              • Dec 2006

nopattern

i have some pins

and a little book

i used to like his stuff a lot.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                                • Dec 2006

dang. no that's not it. on his site if i remember correctly he only designed maybe 2 articles of clothing. he's a little asian fella that wears a ballcap. he made this lamp, arhghh, can't remember what it was made out of but it was crazy...his stuff sells in furniture stores online...im gonna do some more searching. i have a terrible memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎