X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doldrums
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
    m.a+ 5 pockets --> what size would a pair of current season black 44s translate to? s30?

thanks in advance
    noone seems to know?

you know, the ma+ black 5 pockets at atelier. any idea how sizing translates? I know they run big...have a pair and they seem to run huge so thinking to continue the quest for the perfect size...but wanted to verify...

thanks in advance for any help!

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

Anyone's seen this IS coat in person?
      What's the material like?
      Never saw this piece in tokyo...

Comment

• zxc4030
        • Aug 2009

I received a payment from a buyer as a 'gift' and I checked the tranx and I don't know what to do now since there is no address on the tranx. buyer said that his address is confirmed..

Comment

• quiet noise
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

Did you try to send him an email and ask for adress?

Comment

• scott.m
            • Mar 2009

when you perform a gift transaction on paypal a address is not included, seeing as it is a gift and theres no exchange to paypal's knowledge such is the case, your best bet is to email them.

Comment

• mononon
              • Sep 2009

i thought that gift = personal.

and when you receive a personal payment, you don't see the address? i may be wrong here though
              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• zxc4030
                • Aug 2009

Thanks everyone :) I'm not friendly with internet.. damn..

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

Ironically enough, you still had to pay a fee to accept the money.

Be careful...I noticed the growing trend for people to request money as a personal gift but Paypal is notorious for locking peoples' accounts.
                  They're a big company but they're not clueless...if you're accepting regular amounts of monetary 'gifts,' it's going to flag your account for sure.

Ain't no easy way to beat the man. You gotta pay to play.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• mononon
                    • Sep 2009

i thought that as a personal payment, paypal does not charge a fee?

and just curious, why would paypal lock your account for that reason? what is their justification in doing so?
                    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• stereophobic
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                      i thought that as a personal payment, paypal does not charge a fee?

and just curious, why would paypal lock your account for that reason? what is their justification in doing so?
                      Some sort of TOS abuse BS probably. Lots of stories around about not having too much money in your Paypal balance or moving big amounts of cash as gifts to avoid attracting Paypal's attention.

I'm curious as to why zxc4030 had to pay a 3% fee though. Was this a cross-border transaction?
                      An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                        Paypal is a business that exists specifically to make money from people who use their service.
                        When people use their service but don't pay any fees, like any other corporation, they don't take kindly to that.
                        The way they would explain it is that it's stealing from them...using their service to pay for a good while saying it's a personal expense and thereby avoiding set fees.

Let's say for the sake of argument they make $250,000 per day in transaction fees alone worldwide from their users.
                        If one out of every four people sent money for items purchased online as personal gifts, they're losing out on $75,000 per day.

And there's nothing a corporation hates more than losing potential profit.
                        SO...it is abuse in their eyes.
                        The personal payment option is a benefit you have of using a paypal account to send money to friends or family as an alternative to paying to wire the funds through something like Western Union.

I know the lines are nebulous to you and I but the fact remains that it's not for Paypal. If you're buying something, according to the terms, you pay a specific, set fee for that. Skirting the rules to keep from paying the fees is, in their eyes, a breach of terms and conditions and they will most definitely lock accounts if they see a pattern.

I don't report this to put a fear into people...I'm just saying that I'm seeing a lot of asking for personal payments and if you do it too many times, the system will likely flag your account for review.

Comment

• stereophobic
                          • Aug 2009

I'm a muscle-fatty size 48 - size 2 or 3 for those Julius ribbed L/S? It's not about getting it on me - more like how it'll look once it's on.

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
                            I'm a muscle-fatty size 48 - size 2 or 3 for those Julius ribbed L/S? It's not about getting it on me - more like how it'll look once it's on.
                            I have a 3 and I'm a slim 48 and it's tight on me. Definitely don't think about a 2....if they make a 4 go for that. I can't imagine a 3 on a large 48 to be honest.

Comment

• merkuri
                              • Sep 2009

muscle-fatty doesn't sound like a terrific recipe for a good julius fit to be totally honest.

Comment

• stereophobic
                                • Aug 2009

Thanks guys, was wondering what sort of stuff I should get for a first layer to go with leather.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎