• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
    I'm a muscle-fatty size 48 - size 2 or 3 for those Julius ribbed L/S? It's not about getting it on me - more like how it'll look once it's on.
    What merkuri said. I'd skip them altogether.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sshum88
      • Dec 2007

Not sure if this will help but for reference I tried on a pair of 5 pocket in a 48 and they were a little big on me. My waist is 32-32.5". They would be okay if I wanted to wear them low on my hips.

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
      noone seems to know?

you know, the ma+ black 5 pockets at atelier. any idea how sizing translates? I know they run big...have a pair and they seem to run huge so thinking to continue the quest for the perfect size...but wanted to verify...

thanks in advance for any help!
      Originally posted by eat me
      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• sshum88
        • Dec 2007

Assuming that the 1st photo was taken with a flash which is the reason why the color comes through as grey rather than black like in the 2nd photo...the material is a wool / angora blend and I'm pretty sure it was lined. The weave is really nice. I would classify this as a mid weight coat.

You can get a bit of a glimpse of the weave/pattern from the Sartorialoft pics

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
        Anyone's seen this IS coat in person?
        What's the material like?
        Never saw this piece in tokyo...

If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          What merkuri said. I'd skip them altogether.
          I'd second (or is it triple) that.

Maybe ROs?

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
            Assuming that the 1st photo was taken with a flash which is the reason why the color comes through as grey rather than black like in the 2nd photo...the material is a wool / angora blend and I'm pretty sure it was lined. The weave is really nice. I would classify this as a mid weight coat.

You can get a bit of a glimpse of the weave/pattern from the Sartorialoft pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sartori...71060409/show/
            Thanks Sshum88! I actually think that it's a grey version in the 1st photo. Thanks for the link, the photos there look great, gave me a better view of the fit. Now if only i know where to get one in size 0 or 1. Not seen this piece in tokyo...

Comment

• sshum88
              • Dec 2007

I've only seen NA stores carry the item in black and only in size 2 & 3. Size 2 is about right for a 46-48.

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
              Thanks Sshum88! I actually think that it's a grey version in the 1st photo. Thanks for the link, the photos there look great, gave me a better view of the fit. Now if only i know where to get one in size 0 or 1. Not seen this piece in tokyo...

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                • Mar 2007

I've only seen NA stores carry the item in black and only in size 2 & 3. Size 2 is about right for a 46-48.
                Pardon me...what's NA stores?
                I'm a 44...

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

Aside from Hide and Juno, which other Japan proxies have you used and had good experiences with?

Comment

• stereophobic
                    • Aug 2009

Thanks for the input guys - ABS you mentioned ROs, what do you think about them that gives them the edge over _7 cut & sewns?
                    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
                      Thanks for the input guys - ABS you mentioned ROs, what do you think about them that gives them the edge over _7 cut & sewns?
                      I have no comments about one having the edge over the other, i mentioned RO because their sizing's larger.

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

How to distinguish Detroit from Berlin (Currywurst is not the answer - talking about DRKSHDW jeans)?
                        Just got a pair off YOOX and dont know what the hell this is.

W29 - 14.5" waist, 7" hem, waxed, 100% cotton

Will send them back anyway for they are too small but if they are Berlin I might start looking for a Detroit.
                        Last edited by MoFiya; 10-08-2009, 10:27 AM.
                        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• doldrums
                          • Dec 2008

Not sure if this will help but for reference I tried on a pair of 5 pocket in a 48 and they were a little big on me. My waist is 32-32.5". They would be okay if I wanted to wear them low on my hips.
                          Thanks man.

yea i just sold a pair of this-season 48s - didn't fit so I sold and got a pair of the black 46s...fit but the waist is kinda roomy so curious what a 44 was like. I guess I can justify an ma+ belt now

Comment

• MoFiya
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Eternal
                            7 inches hem should most likely be detroits. But if these are too small and you think they are berlins, why look for detroits then? Detroits are slimmer.
                            You misunderstood, they are too small in the waist...
                            My problem is, that my waist is too big compared to my super skinny legs.
                            Therefore, unfortunately, most men's pants tend to look shitty on me for I can't pic the right size fitting both waist and legwise.

btw: Are Nicolas and Mark tees unisex?
                            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• ardeetee
                              • Apr 2007

mofiya: I think the important measurement is the thigh, not necessarily the waist or hem. If I recall correctly, the berlins and detroits have similar hems.

At one time I handled both cuts in the same wash and a size 31 detroit fit almost identical to a 30 berlin.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                                • Mar 2007

ma+

anyone's seen these in person?
                                are there any fit pics available for these?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎