Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kbi
    • Feb 2009

any recommendations on semi-wide wool pants (cdg/yohji/rick?) or something cheaper but just as comfy for winter?

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
      I wash mine cold, hang dry. No problems. I don't wash them much as they're jeans, but I certainly wash them.
      Someone told me that the best thing to do with waxed jeans is to avoid washing them and put them in the freezer. Anyone else hear of this? I'm not sure if I agree with this as an alternative to washing, but she swears by it. *shrugs*
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• huckleberry
        • Jul 2009

I noticed earlier when taking a pair of my boots off that one of the pairs seems to be sagging over the back of the heel (about .5cm) On closer inspection it seems that the thread located at the base of the back of the heel may be loosening or damaged and might be the cause for this. I am unable to reach a cobler until next week and hope someone knew of any suggestions of how I can fix this or whether a cobler is likely to be able to repair them

I do not currently have a working camera on me so will have to take pictures later.

Thanks.

Comment

• Enaml
          • Apr 2009

Does anyone have experience dying julius leathers? I know there's a thread for this in student work/diy forum, but this is a bit more specific. I've got one in ram leather, and it feels somewhat treated (read: buttery soft). The current color is charcoal. I'm wondering if I could possibly dye it a darker charcoal/gray. Something close to black, but less pure. I know I could probably dye it black, but would something like a dark gray cause the color saturation of the charcoal to go up as it gets darker? If anything, I think I'd like it to go down, but staying the same as it darkens would be fine too.

Also, do re-dyed leathers take on a shinier texture than before? Many of the leathers I've seen that have been re-dyed black look more synthetic than those with the original color. Maybe it's different for each piece, but I'm curious if there's any rhyme or reason to it.

Thanks a bunch!
          How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• laughed
            • Jul 2009

Alright, Black Friday etc...
            Christmas time. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to this so maybe someone can help. I have a christmas gift i need to buy for someone who likes Ed Hardy and Sean John, etc. I am trying to expand the horizons a bit, by giving this person something similar, but not as trendy or well, you know, horrible. Any ideas or brands? I am sorry in advance that I mentioned these brands on this forum, but it's Christmas time.

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kbi View Post
              any recommendations on semi-wide wool pants (cdg/yohji/rick?) or something cheaper but just as comfy for winter?
              If you're just looking for a basic, there are plenty of options. If you are looking for something semi-wide and distinct, also check out the Forme pants Pollyanna carries.

Originally posted by DHC View Post
              Someone told me that the best thing to do with waxed jeans is to avoid washing them and put them in the freezer. Anyone else hear of this? I'm not sure if I agree with this as an alternative to washing, but she swears by it. *shrugs*
              It is not an alternative to washing. It is ok for removing smells, as is just hanging your jeans outside for a few hours, but it doesn't work for cleaning jeans. I had to wash my waxed jeans wednesday actually, got about a pint of turkey blood on them. Was not about to just hang them outside for a few hours and call it good.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Wax
                • Sep 2009

Can anyone advise what a size 42 IT womens Rick Owens would be in european / french sizing for women? i.E 36, 38?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I think you have to subtract 4, so it'd be 38.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

I came across these boots in Sense mag and I like the look of them but have no idea who they are by to look up more info on them. Can anyone help me translate? thanks

Comment

• Dropt
                      • May 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering, i can't find any information on the JULIUS x SIVA collection, what was exactly that all about?

If someone can light me up.

Comment

• croatoan
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                        I came across these boots in Sense mag and I like the look of them but have no idea who they are by to look up more info on them. Can anyone help me translate? thanks
                        That part of the text doesn't say anything about a brand name.

re: Julius x Siva -- It wasn't really a full collection. The designers are friends and occasionally they make things together.

Comment

• nicelynice
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Raw View Post

Lounge Lizard (quite an unfortunate name for a good brand)

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

Thanks a lot, yeah I agree, I've always thought lounge lizard have some nice looking pieces but the name kinda puts me off haha

Comment

• JSebbe
                              • Mar 2008

what's the exact "article name" on the luc j-pants/suture stitch pants? what does it say on the tag that is.
                              maybe it's what I've stated, just want to be sure.

tia

Comment

• calv
                                • May 2009

^
                                Article: 14FMPN18_CO48_OD
                                Description: J Pant

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰