Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

you are measuring your jacket's length excluding the collar right M? a few cm shorter than that jacket would look about right, a leather jacket should end somewhere between the waistband and mid-fly imo.

Comment

• MoFiya
      • Sep 2007

Yeah, excluding the collar. I actually like the cotton jacket being longer but I wouldn't mind the leather being shorter anyway.

IMO the length on the Rick is pretty good (besides it's way too big for me). Also, the front of the Obscur was quite good, too (forgot the measurements on that though)...
      I just think that minus 5cm might make a huge difference because I guess it's gonna end just right above my waist.
      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

they are intended to be worn fairly short, it's hard to tell whether it would suit you without trying one on first though. some examples: FW06 moto, FW08 moto, SS09 moto, SS09 jut, FW09 jut & SS10 moto.

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

I actually love each of these (except the FW08 'nipple' moto)... Which one is cut the longest?
          Yeah, I would love to try these on before I buy but seems like there is not such chance. And I got sceptical buying leathers just from the measurements as it seems my talent in judging these is not the best :>
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

they're all within ~1cm of each other M. if you really feel you need that extra bit of body length you're better off with a size 2 jut neck as the body length differs about 2cm between sizes.

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

Actually that difference doesn't seem to be big, but those few cms make a leather end above my waist which is IMO too short...
              I would gladly see how a Julius leather looks on a tall person like me with the same size.
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

well they're models so they're all 6'+ and wearing a size 2. ;)

iirc Tyler is rather tall and he's wearing a size 1 in the FW08 moto and SS09 jut in the pics.

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

Size 1 fits rather loose on Tyler.
                  MoFiya, I will send you a fit pic with my jacket. It is on its way to me finally. I am only 1 cm taller, so it should be a good example for you how it fits on me.

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Is Auspost tracking crap, or is Auspost the slowest service in history?

I bought something from someone here, he posted it straight away (he said, and gave me a tracking number immediately) on December 7th. Now, on December 12th, the only status on the package is still "Lodged by customer." Could it be any less informative?
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• dolochov
                      • Aug 2009

many postal services i dealt with don't update their tracking regulary, sometimes i even got the package before the status changed to 'shipped out'.
                      but i don't know how auspost handles this, maybe write them an e-mail?

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

was it shipped from or to Australia? if it was shipped somewhere else, you could be able to use the same tracking number in your local postal service's tracking system which might have more detailed info. that is, if it has arrived in the country yet.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

it doesn't have to be EMS, it depends fully on if the service has tracking or not, so it varies by country. for example USPS International Priority and EMS both have some sort of tracking which I am able to follow here.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            was it shipped from or to Australia? if it was shipped somewhere else, you could be able to use the same tracking number in your local postal service's tracking system which might have more detailed info. that is, if it has arrived in the country yet.
                            From Australia to the US. Tracking on the US site says "Originating country preparing post." Guess it's just slow.
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

it might actually have not left, or it might be on its way but just not updated. it *should* have a note when it reaches the US. maybe. possibly.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

hmm well again I think it varies by country (both departure and destination), I can get equally accurate details here on incoming USPS priority packages, as soon as they have arrived in the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎