X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

if its an english speaking program, then I don't see a problem. we had a lot of both exchange students and foreign degree students at the university who didn't speak the local language as the program was english. but of course best to check with the particular institute and program you'd be applying for.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MonaDahl
      I don't have too many shoes that I feel comfortable wearing in the snow (very protective of my shoes...) and inevitably I never feel like I can put together proper outfits when it snows or when there is snow on the ground. It's very demoralizing.
      I feel the same way. I have a pair of Balenciaga combat boots that are very sturdy and already fucked up, so in the snow all of my outfits begin there.

Comment

• merkuri
        • Sep 2009

^dr.martens.

Comment

• fadetogrey
          • Apr 2009

I wear a pair of black leather riding boots I got on craigslist for $40 (we have a large equestrian community here) and a short black leather riding boot I got for $5 at goodwill, so I don't care what happens to them! It depends on the occasion. If I know I'm traveling by car and going right inside, or if I know the sidewalks I'm going to walk on are cleared or hard pack (I know this sounds silly, but it's true), I wear whatever shoes I want.

Originally posted by MonaDahl
          Wasn't sure where to post this, but I was wondering...

When it snows, how do you negotiate it fashion-wise? I don't have too many shoes that I feel comfortable wearing in the snow (very protective of my shoes...) and inevitably I never feel like I can put together proper outfits when it snows or when there is snow on the ground. It's very demoralizing.

Comment

• V-J
            • Oct 2009

is there any protective spray that would be good enough for snow?
            montreal winter

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

My ccp and ma boots are perfect for snow. They have to get use to get some patina
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• sargon97
                • Jan 2009

Shopping in Hamburg

I'll post again since I'm currently here. Any stores sell Rick Owens in Hamburg, Germany; any other stores worth going to?

Comment

• dan.de
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                  I'll post again since I'm currently here. Any stores sell Rick Owens in Hamburg, Germany; any other stores worth going to?
                  I'm pretty sure that there are no shops in Hamburg which have RO (neither poell, ma, guidi, julius, damir, augusta...)

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by merkuri View Post
                    ^dr.martens.

I don't know why they are called combat boots, they are the perfect snow boots. Or snowball combat boots.
                    My Yohji front-zips are the only footwear I have worn for the last days.

Comment

• sargon97
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by dan.de View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that there are no shops in Hamburg which have RO (neither poell, ma, guidi, julius, damir, augusta...)
                      Weird, second largest city in Germany and all, but I guess its a little conservative here...

Comment

• dan.de
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                        Weird, second largest city in Germany and all, but I guess its a little conservative here...
                        tru

you could check the street 'Neuer Wall'; it's a big shopping mile (maybe you can find luc or sth)

Comment

• ronin
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2009

Could anyone advise me of a good tailor in Paris who works particularly well with wool? I would like to shorten a pair of Yohji 3/4 trousers, but I'm afraid of fucking them up if I do it myself because the wool is very loose at the hem and the lining might show if it's not done properly. I read Christian's recommendation for the tailor 13 rue de Penthièvre a few pages ago, but everything I read about him is related to menswear, does he also alter women's garments?
                          Thanks.

Comment

• dndy1840
                            • Sep 2008

Yes, he alters women's garments too.
                            I had a few simple alterations made by him, and everything went fine. I am not very knowledgeable about tailoring, but I am totally satisfied with his work.
                            Definitely go there and ask him if he is able to alter your trousers, he will tell you frankly if he is able to do it.

Comment

• MikeN
                              • Nov 2007

There's a great tailor on Rue de Surène in the 8eme that Lanvin refers clients to. Not sure the exact address, but I'm fairly sure he's the only tailor on that street. Doesn't speak a word of English.

Comment

• ronin
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2009

Thank you very much.

As for the the snow boots question, I've never found an effective enought protective spray, but I thoroughly cream (Grison cream is my favourite) and polish my leather boots everynight when it snows and they end up not so fucked up. Of course by the end of winter they have a few white traces but I think they lood good like that. If I could wear Dr Martens to work I definitely would though, as they seem to slide through any kind of weather without being affected.
                                Last edited by ronin; 12-21-2009, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎