Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuugaia
    • Feb 2010

Anybody ordered from Luisaviaroma to Australia know how much customs/extra fees we get slapped with?

Thinking about getting these Augustas:

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

rick uses (used?) RY zips... they are good. i think ann uses them too?

Comment

• merkuri
        • Sep 2009

riri are preferable and the RYs begin to stick after a while IME

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by nictan View Post
          any owners of julius backpacks? how sturdy are the leather straps? the straps seem rather thin and fragile to me, and as im intending to use them for school (laptops etc), im not sure if it will hold the weight. i dont want them to give way within a few uses.
          don't have any experience with the backpacks (yet) however the gasmask bag I have has thinner straps and it held up well as a daily university bag for more than a year. used to carry a 1kg+ netbook, notebooks, pens, a bottle of water, and the occasional text book without any drama.

Comment

• nictan
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by dji View Post
            don't have any experience with the backpacks (yet) however the gasmask bag I have has thinner straps and it held up well as a daily university bag for more than a year. used to carry a 1kg+ netbook, notebooks, pens, a bottle of water, and the occasional text book without any drama.
            hmm sounds good. cos for the backpack that i have, the whole construction seems pretty solid, except for the straps (which is really really thin compared to the rest). and there are even signs of the leather giving way near the seams. so im not sure how much longer they will hold. it doesnt feel as sturdy as my other thrashed-up backpack. so i wanna hear experience on how it holds up.

Comment

• Raw
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
              Anybody ordered from Luisaviaroma to Australia know how much customs/extra fees we get slapped with?

Thinking about getting these Augustas:

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.as...seasProdID=51I
              Do NOT order anything over AU$1000 value from Luisaviaroma unless you're prepared you get raped by customs with import taxes. First you will get charged 10% import tax for footwear and that gets added to the value of the boots. Then the new value get charged 10% again for GST and finally there will be a $40 processing fee.

I got hit hard one time by customs and the items didn't fit so I returned my order to Luisa and it cost over $130 to ship since I used ECI for a heavy box and I didn't get the $40 processing fee back.

Comment

• kuugaia
                • Feb 2010

^^^ Oh damn...cheers for the heads up B. I don't think I'll ever look at Luisa if thats the custom fees. Damn ridiculous.

Not sure about other DD pieces but I got Riri on mine.

edit: Does anybody have a link to a discussion involving the best zippers? Thought I stumbled over it before but I couldn't find it in the search. Thanks.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

if you need to order something just have it proxied by someone in europe. every country in the world has some sort of customs, in some european countries it can go up to 30% or more with VAT and customs %. you just need to live with it or work around it.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Liquid
                    Regarding the current Damir Doma SS10 collection,

I noticed the zippers, while looking identical, have different logos on the back. I have seen 2 of the same jacket, 1 having "balenciaga italy" zippers and the other having "super RY" zippers. The only difference between the pieces was the size and the logos on the zips. I have also seen riri zips on a different piece.

Is this normal? Is there any quality difference between the zippers?
                    No this isn't normal.
                    Riri makes the best Zippers, with YKK and Lampo following behind......
                    the RY zippers I am somewhat unfamiliar with, so I cannot say much about those.

Don't know why there 1s a difference in his zippers, but there should never be a "Balenciaga" Zipper on his piece(s), as this is another company/brand altogether.........
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Raw
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                      ^^^ Oh damn...cheers for the heads up B. I don't think I'll ever look at Luisa if thats the custom fees. Damn ridiculous.

Not sure about other DD pieces but I got Riri on mine.

edit: Does anybody have a link to a discussion involving the best zippers? Thought I stumbled over it before but I couldn't find it in the search. Thanks.
                      The best thing to do with Luisa is to order something between 500Euro and AU$1000 since shipping for anything under 500Euro costs 50Euro, which I havn't been able to do yet .

Comment

• pseudogoat
                        • Nov 2009

i'm sure this has been covered at some point, but i'd just like to know how you guys generally approach cleaning waxed cotton items. i tried searching on google, but to no avail.

Comment

• scapegoat
                          • Feb 2010

i've done some searching but apart from what was said in the Guidi thread I couldn't find anything of interest. How do Guidi backzips look with pants tucked in them? the general opinion seems to be that they're too tight around the ankle to have anything tucked in, thus the best solution is cropped pants, is that right or has anyone had interesting results tucking pants in their boots?

Comment

• DRRRK
                            • Aug 2009

It depends on your calves. I have no problem tucking any of my pants in.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

^ ditto, I wore my backzips with pants tucked in straight out of the box.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                                It depends on your calves. I have no problem tucking any of my pants in.
                                now i know you Jurgen Klinsmann wasn't your idol growing up...........
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎