• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

Thank you ALL for your thoughts...much appreciated...as always
    No trouble at all, ES3K
    Boots are Ann D.
    Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 03-31-2010, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• cavity.
      • May 2009

does anyone know where to find pics of drkshdw from past seasons? I can only find pics of this season.

Comment

• sshum88
        • Dec 2007

Have any Canadians been able to find a low cost shipping option with tracking to the UK? Or anywhere outside of NA? I went to Canada Post yesterday to get an actual rate for shipping my MA+ wallet and was quoted $57CDN.
        Originally posted by eat me
        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• muffin_baker
          • Dec 2009

Does anyone know when MA fw10 will be released/presented?

Comment

• Torchiere
            • May 2009

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
            Have any Canadians been able to find a low cost shipping option with tracking to the UK? Or anywhere outside of NA? I went to Canada Post yesterday to get an actual rate for shipping my MA+ wallet and was quoted $57CDN.
            The other cheaper option would be by small air packet instead of xpresspost. But it doesn't have tracking and the size of the parcels are limited.

It sucks to send intl parcels out of Canada, the rates are just too damn high.

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

just got a pair of cropped pants in white. but totally does not work on me. looking to dye them black. anyone with experience/knowledge on how do i go about doing this? i want it deep black, prefer that it doesnt turn greyish/blueish after a few wears/wash.

i read somewhere that i have to wash the garment first thoroughly.

anw they're chino pants material, cotton. i'll be going to buy the dye tomorrow. any specific types of dye i should look out for?

thanks in advance

edit: just found the dying thread in the DIY section oops

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Torchiere View Post
                The other cheaper option would be by small air packet instead of xpresspost. But it doesn't have tracking and the size of the parcels are limited.

It sucks to send intl parcels out of Canada, the rates are just too damn high.
                I actually had to look at the rates to believe

seems like at least one of the problems is that they don't allow goods sent inside letters. the wallet probably weighs below 100g so sending it as a large letter would make sense and be the most cost effective option, but apparently Canada Post doesn't see it the same way.

the applicable shipping method for USPS would probably be a Priority flat rate envelope, which is something like $13. so yea, that pricing is truly wackarnolds.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• hamham3002
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                  shipping a backpack to Australia.. $100 shipping by boat..
                  I don't think there are any cheaper service out there either :(

Comment

• diamonds
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

seems like at least one of the problems is that they don't allow goods sent inside letters. the wallet probably weighs below 100g so sending it as a large letter would make sense and be the most cost effective option, but apparently Canada Post doesn't see it the same way.

the applicable shipping method for USPS would probably be a Priority flat rate envelope, which is something like $13. so yea, that pricing is truly wackarnolds.
                    i wonder if there's a way to convince them to reform the whole Canada Post business model... it's just the worst

Comment

• sshum88
                      • Dec 2007

Thanks to all who replied. In Canada, anything that needs tracking has a high premium attached to it and I always want to ship something tracked for peace of mind...for both the buyer and myself. Now you could argue what good is tracking if the update messages don't actually work but that's already been discussed a number of times in other posts.

From my own experience, Fedex probably sets the high bar in terms of tracking so it's hard for anyone else to come even close...but they are also one of the most expensive shipping options out there.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

Originally posted by eat me
                      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• jumpoff
                        • Jan 2008

Sounds like Canada Post is kind of similar to Posten here in Norway when it comes to international post, at least when it comes to prices.

Posten have only one trackable option and it's very expensive. Inside Europe you'll have to pay 266NOK (~45USD) for anything under 1kg. For every kilo there's an additional ~2USD. Outside Europe it's ~55USD for anything under 1kg, and then an additional ~12USD for every kilo.

So shipping anything light with tracking becomes very expensive. However, tracking is usually very good and I haven't have major problems in regards to delivery time, even though most of the time it takes longer than they say it will.

Comment

• mononon
                          • Sep 2009

when shipping packages internationally via USPS. what is the safest method to choose and what is the best to put on customs.

Ever since the French post office lost my package, I've been pretty apprehensive but do not want to buyer to pay a lot of customs to receive the package...

Is there a way to put a high insurance value, but indicate the package belongs to the recipient and he simply left it at my house?
                          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Joe Brown
                            • Jul 2008

I would like to buy this cloak blazer but I am not a fan of the creases.
                            Its brand new so they are part of the design.
                            Is it possible to iron or steam out the creases or are they permanent.

Comment

• sargon97
                              • Jan 2009

Does anyone know of any discount codes for www.barneys.com? Or possibly a good way to get them?

Comment

• mononon
                                • Sep 2009

quick question.
                                i sent a leather jacket to lyon, france. i sent it express via usps, and insured it for a high value. (many lost packages to france, so i dont want to risk losing it).
                                france customs wants the buyer to pay a lot for customs fees, what can he do to not pay the fees?

if he says that it belongs to him and that he left it at my house and i am only returning it, will that work? and i put a high value, in case they lost it?

he says they want 500 USD...

edit: to update, i sold a robert geller coat to france and usps lost it. it's been 4 months and they still have not given me a cheque in the mail (i insured it). i called several times, and each time, they say i should be getting more info in the mail in a few days. this is unrelated to the post above, but just an update since i posted this problem a while back in this thread
                                calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎