Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mononon
    • Sep 2009

do the customs officials actually open up the packages to inspect them physically?
    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• deleuze
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mononon View Post
      do the customs officials actually open up the packages to inspect them physically?
      Yes they do. They look for tags, if you leave them on you're fucked. If you cut them off you're fucked but not so bad. Fuck Canada Post. Americans got it easy, bitchin' about 10% customs fees. fml.

Comment

• nictan
        • Jul 2009

thank goodness the policy for singapore is pretty clear and straightforward. anything below 400sgd will not be taxed. above 400 and all of it will be taxed 7percent, which is the normal GST (goods & services tax)

Comment

• jgan85
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by nictan View Post
          thank goodness the policy for singapore is pretty clear and straightforward. anything below 400sgd will not be taxed. above 400 and all of it will be taxed 7percent, which is the normal GST (goods & services tax)
          ^ some caution might be in order, because the exchange rates they use to calculate SGD values are even worse than PayPal's.. back when US$1 was actually S$1.50, I got taxed 7% for a US$250 package, which was S$375.

furthermore, if they do tax you 7%, there is a service charge. and if somebody takes delivery for you because you're not in and doesn't cough up CC details on the spot, you get a letter in the mail a couple days later and another additional service charge, which is pretty hefty.

nothing's as straightforward as it seems, especially taxes and government charges.
          ________
          BIG DICK LATINO
          Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• nictan
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by jgan85 View Post
            ^ some caution might be in order, because the exchange rates they use to calculate SGD values are even worse than PayPal's.. back when US$1 was actually S$1.50, I got taxed 7% for a US$250 package, which was S$375.

furthermore, if they do tax you 7%, there is a service charge. and if somebody takes delivery for you because you're not in and doesn't cough up CC details on the spot, you get a letter in the mail a couple days later and another additional service charge, which is pretty hefty.

nothing's as straightforward as it seems, especially taxes and government charges.
            hmm you from singapore too? so far, ive never been taxed anything. once i bought some jeans for 275USD and didnt have to pay tax. some sellers were nice enough to declare a lower value for me too. well, hope it lasts. all in all, ive not had any problems with local customs, yet.

Comment

• ironman
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by deleuze View Post
              Yes they do. They look for tags, if you leave them on you're fucked. If you cut them off you're fucked but not so bad. Fuck Canada Post. Americans got it easy, bitchin' about 10% customs fees. fml.
              well, it's Canada Border Services Agency, but yes lol. high customs duty fee rates (17% for male clothes), handling fee, 13% tax on top of that

as per Canada Post, fuck their expensive shipping. online tracking and signature aren't options one can pay to add on; they are called features instead. meaning the cheapest service with tracking outside of Canada/USA costs at least $60 CAD

Comment

• xeraphim
                • Nov 2008

can someone who owns the MA basics comment on sizing? i'm looking at these and the measurements seem to suggest a need to size up...

Comment

• croatoan
                  • Jul 2007

It depends on the piece, but in general it is about a half size or so smaller than Julius. This season's weird double layered wrappy whatever things are especially unforgiving.

Comment

• jumpoff
                    • Jan 2008

Anyone here familiar with Canada Post know how long it usually takes before items are trackable on their website? Bought something from someone on here two weeks ago, and according to him he shipped it out 10 days ago. Still no sign of it when I try to track it on Canada Posts's website, and I'm now a little worried.

Comment

• sshum88
                      • Dec 2007

In my experience, if the package was actually sent with the tracking feature, it should show up within 2 days. You might get minimal info at that time...something like the 'parcel was received at postal station'. Did the person actually send it tracked? In one of my previous posts, I enquired about lower cost shipping options with tracking to anywhere outside of North America and it doesn't appear to be anything less what Canada Post quoted me, which was pretty expensive for a small package.

Have you tried using the tracking number of your own country's postal site? Sometimes it will show up there sooner than the country of origin.

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
                      Anyone here familiar with Canada Post know how long it usually takes before items are trackable on their website? Bought something from someone on here two weeks ago, and according to him he shipped it out 10 days ago. Still no sign of it when I try to track it on Canada Posts's website, and I'm now a little worried.
                      Originally posted by eat me
                      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• nictan
                        • Jul 2009

i remember someone made a post here explaining the reason behind the number 7 for julius. cant seem to find it. help? :D

Comment

• jumpoff
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                          In my experience, if the package was actually sent with the tracking feature, it should show up within 2 days. You might get minimal info at that time...something like the 'parcel was received at postal station'. Did the person actually send it tracked? In one of my previous posts, I enquired about lower cost shipping options with tracking to anywhere outside of North America and it doesn't appear to be anything less what Canada Post quoted me, which was pretty expensive for a small package.

Have you tried using the tracking number of your own country's postal site? Sometimes it will show up there sooner than the country of origin.
                          According to seller it should be trackable. Like you say, there should at least be minimal info, but there is nothing. All I get when I try to track it on Canada Post's website is "We were not able to find any results" and it's the same at my own country's site.

Comment

• sshum88
                            • Dec 2007

I would ask what service was used and to double check the tracking number. I was told that there are only 2 shipping options with tracking outside of North America and both are very pricey...Xpresspost International and Priority Worldwide Pack. The only other way is International Parcel - Surface,, which I was told could not be tracked.

The thing that I don't understand is how can it be considered Surface when they need to either fly the parcel over from Canada to the UK or put it on a ship.

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
                            According to seller it should be trackable. Like you say, there should at least be minimal info, but there is nothing. All I get when I try to track it on Canada Post's website is "We were not able to find any results" and it's the same at my own country's site.
                            Originally posted by eat me
                            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• deleuze
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                              I would ask what service was used and to double check the tracking number. I was told that there are only 2 shipping options with tracking outside of North America and both are very pricey...Xpresspost International and Priority Worldwide Pack. The only other way is International Parcel - Surface,, which I was told could not be tracked.

The thing that I don't understand is how can it be considered Surface when they need to either fly the parcel over from Canada to the UK or put it on a ship.
                              By surface I guess they just mean as close to sea level as possible. Surface does go by boat and it can be tracked but it also takes at least 2 months.

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                                Where can I can find pictures from early/mid 90s womenswear runway shows?
                                Sorry to bump my own question, but I'm still hunting. Tried firstview, they only went back to 1996. Is this something I won't be able to find on the internet?

Thanks
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎