Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monty76
    • Sep 2006

magic: i have had one for about a year and have been scared of the same thing happening but it has yet to tear and i am pretty rough with it.

Comment

• kuugaia
      • Feb 2010

^^ I found a really good one before, but I lost it. But if you google measuring shirts or something you'll find plenty of links showing you how to do it.

The easiest and most useful one is probably pit to pit which is laying it flat and measuring the distance between one arm pit to the other.

Comment

• Arcane
        • Jul 2008

Anyone got a Oki-ni discount which is better (preferably a lot) than the 'new comer' code I would like to know? They got shit I want...
        Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• muffin_baker
          • Dec 2009

I recently purchased a pair of _7 boots from a nother forum member here. So today I got a letter in the mail from the austrian customs office. Saying the can't process the package because "They need a bill and transfer receipt from e.x. Paypal with the auction outcome and the ebay article number".
          The declaration states that it contains used boots, origin is Japan and the worth is marked as 140 AUD.
          It is also clearly marked as a gift shipment.
          Basically, unless there is a price tag attached to the boots, they have no way of knowing what the boots are worth. I guess they are just trying to see if they can milk the package for some money.

I hope somebody knows what to do. I don't really want to end up paying an extra 30% on what i've already paid for the boots.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

that is always a possibility when purchasing something internationally. depending on the country in question, some customs will pick up all packages and some hardly ever, in most it depends on a combination of luck and whats marked on the package. usually there is a certain value after which customs becomes interested in the goods. in most countries that I've had experience with, packages valued under $50 aren't typically picked up, something like $150 is more likely. marking something as a Gift doesn't seem to work nowadays. besides, if you have a commercial value marked, it kind of defeats it being a gift.

I'm assuming the $140 is not what you actually paid for the boots?
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• muffin_baker
              • Dec 2009

Your right, it is kind of weird stating a commercial value, but it's a required field you have to fill out. But then again they have no way of checking if I paid for what's in the package by any means, it's not like they're linked with PayPal. At least not that I know of...
              If they really have the feeling they need to tax my easter gift then why not go ahead and tax the $140AUD? I can live with paying 20-30€.
              As far as using a paypal invoice goes, I could send him $140AUD, but wouldn't that look weird with today's date?

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

well you can try and tell them that you didn't pay anything for the item and that it is indeed a gift, but I'm not sure if they'd buy that.

what someone could do is print out a paypal invoice with the same value (or whatever value for that matter) as on the package and just declare it with that, I doubt they'd call paypal to confirm the transaction. but first it would of course be good to have some idea of how strict the officials in your country usually are.

disclaimer: this is a hypothetical case and I am not encouraging anyone to do anything illegal, I would of course never do such a thing, especially in the case of $50 leather jackets and boots.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• muffin_baker
                  • Dec 2009

Sorry, I misunderstood you there.
                  Well thanks for giving a completely hypthetical solution to my problem!
                  I believe the customs office is rather strict, guess I'll have to investigate further...

Comment

• laughed
                    • Jul 2009

best motorycle leather jacket for people who don't ride....
                    googled something about leather jackets and found a post on styleforum in watch faust posted a reply to a Theory leather jacket...hehe...
                    anyway, I want a leather jacket similar to Schott, but hey, i don't ride. is that wrong? I love Rick Owens and CCP leathers but I want more of the moto look. Anyone recommend one besides the usual classic brands.? thanks.

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                      googled something about leather jackets and found a post on styleforum in watch faust posted a reply to a Theory leather jacket...hehe...
                      anyway, I want a leather jacket similar to Schott, but hey, i don't ride. is that wrong? I love Rick Owens and CCP leathers but I want more of the moto look. Anyone recommend one besides the usual classic brands.? thanks.
                      u talking bout a perfecto?

balenciaga

junya x vanson

Comment

• ES3K
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                        The easiest and most useful one is probably pit to pit which is laying it flat and measuring the distance between one arm pit to the other.
                        Thanks!

Comment

• Nostromo
                          • Jan 2010

Anyone knows where I can find some HQ captures of Dior's Follow Me, Luster and Victim of the Crime?

Comment

• JD_May
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                            Don't know if it gets any play here, but certain other clothing fora of late have been much impressed with the ToJ double rider jacket, if you're looking for something in the $600 range that can be customized. They're made to measure for $575 and the guy who runs it (Drew) is pretty open to customizing the details, like pockets, zips, lining, whatever different leathers he can get ahold of. Probably the best deal going for the price if this is the kind of jacket you're after.

In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
                            And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

Comment

• calvinc
                              • Jan 2010

Sorry for being ignorant, but I have been wondering how is a perfecto different to a rider? is it the length?
                              Angela Marriner - While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart

Comment

• laughed
                                • Jul 2009

yeah, the perfecto and the cafe racer - which is a similar style to the first pic that jd posted. thanks for the pics and input everyone. I think I like the perfecto style jackets a little more than the cafe racer style jackets but the crs are a little less in your face - which can be good sometimes. the thing about these jackets from the big old-school motorcycle companies is they aren't really a fashion cut. like i can see the balenciage being - what season is that btw? i would love to have something like that. if only rick made a jacket cut like that. i've looked around but can't find anything perfecto style that is more fashion cut/fashion house/whatever. there is a nice leather at luisaviaroma in the cr style though...and to answer the question above perfecto is just the name of style put out by schott.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎