X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuugaia
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
    i wasn't sure where else to ask this. can someone post the poignant quote about how you're paying for the artists vision rather than yada yada? i think it might've been faust who originally said it. not quite sure. i've been looking for it for 15 minutes to no avail. thanks in advance.
    You talking about this thread?

Outsole measurement is king.

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

not sure where to ask this, maybe there is a thread in DIY but i'll ask here first. basically i have a tiny little hole in my sleeve. the fabric is heavy 100% cotton jersey. it isn't a tear or rip. its just a little gap in the thread. my fear is that if i leave it alone it will slowly spread or grow larger. what is the best option to repair this or prevent further damage? iron on patch? needle and thread? do it myself or take it to a tailor? or should i just leave it alone...

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• sleazie ninja
        • Jun 2007

Anybody have experience with dyeing (gulp) CCP leatherz?

Just received my jacket from nakata/takuya (highly recommend seller btw, very fast and reliable).

I like the color a lot, but I think eventually (maybe come fall), I'm gonna want a darker color, possibly grey.

If anyone could recommend a place in or near NY/philly via PM, I would appreciate it.

I cant take a pic of the current texture of the jacket if it would help. thanks.

Comment

• sleazie ninja
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by meito
          ^ Is it object dyed leather from CCP?
          No. I might have to take pictures of texture for more insight.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
            not sure where to ask this, maybe there is a thread in DIY but i'll ask here first. basically i have a tiny little hole in my sleeve. the fabric is heavy 100% cotton jersey. it isn't a tear or rip. its just a little gap in the thread. my fear is that if i leave it alone it will slowly spread or grow larger. what is the best option to repair this or prevent further damage? iron on patch? needle and thread? do it myself or take it to a tailor? or should i just leave it alone...
            fairly easy to fix with just a little sewing. if you're handy with the needle it should be fairly easy, but a tailor can of course do it as well. had a small hole like that fixed on a luc sweater and I think the tailor took €5 for it.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
              You talking about this thread?

Outsole measurement is king.
              although that is a great read i do not think it's the quote i am looking for. it was moreso shedding light on what you are paying for when it comes to high ticket/lux items & construction/lifespan of said items might have come into question.

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

Re: Leather dyeing

Dyeing a CCP leather would be serious business, I'd think.

Your first consideration is that the leather would shrink pretty substantially during the dyeing process from what I understand. I've always heard it will shrink one full size as a result.
                Also, I think it's really tough to get a dark color to not appear washed out. So you might get a gray but I don't think it would hold much more pigment than that.

Another thing is that the lining would be dyed too and you'd likely have some dye rubbing off on whatever you wear underneath and even some rubbing off of dye from the leather itself with wear.

These are just my observations from others who have had leather jackets dyed. I've never done it myself because it seems kind of sketchy and that's a lot of money to play around with if you don't get the results you're looking for or if it shrinks up too much for you to wear afterward.

I think someone on here used this place in NYC once with results he was happy with. It wasn't leather though so I can't say for sure exactly what they specialize in or if they'd do leather but they are a well known dye lab in the city.

I'd think really, really hard about going forward with it and ask the lab a lot of tough questions before committing.
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• kuugaia
                  • Feb 2010

I don't think you should attempt in dying it. The potential risk and pain greatly outweighs the option of just buying a darker leather? Not like you can only own one leather jacket and you seem to like this color right now anyway. Hard to imagine investing in a CCP leather to go and dye it afterwards...but hey if you don't like it anymore go for it.

If it helps, most of the times I've attempted to dye black it's come out purple-ish and/or dark grey.

Comment

• fenrost
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2009

@redying ccp leathers.

you might give a try to contact ccp themselves, since they have in the past redye their leathers...

Comment

• Arcane
                      • Jul 2008

Anyone other than me having problem with foot sweat? In general I don't have a problem but when wearing certain shoes this occurs. It's of course annoying but I suspect that the humidity created increases the wear on the shoes, shortening their lifespan. Are there special insoles or other methods to take care of this?
                      Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

- Soak your feet in tea.
                        - Put some charcoal in your shoes overnight
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

there are insoles that reduce odor and probably ones that reduce moisture as well. I don't have any experience on whether or not they work, though.

otherwise, always wear socks (light ones), take your shoes off during the day when you get a chance, and don't wear them for too many days in a rown especially when its warm.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Arcane
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                            - Soak your feet in tea.
                            - Put some charcoal in your shoes overnight
                            Just whatever type of charcoal or is there a special kind for this purpose?

Thanks for the tips anyway.

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

Apparently you can use regular charcoal, the BBQ kind. I've never tried this myself but I heard it works wonders.
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Arcane
                                • Jul 2008

So, let's BBQ them Dick's

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢