X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unmetro
    • Sep 2006

Selling online

I have some clothing items I'd like to sell to bring in some (much needed) cash and was wondering what are some recommended online venues (for individuals) besides craigslist or ebay (which i hear charges terrible fees and doesn't offer much protection to the seller).

I know StyleZeitgeist has a 'Classified' section, but I only have 85 (cha-ching...86) posts ;-p

Thanks!

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

Superfuture
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• muffin_baker
        • Dec 2009

Just by the way, there's a thread called "Small questions thread" which exists excatly fot questions like this and helps keep the forum free from 18941686931 number of threads.
        No hate, just saying!

Comment

• andrewislasorad
          • Nov 2006

edit- ditto above^

Comment

• unmetro
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by muffin_baker View Post
            Just by the way, there's a thread called "Small questions thread" which exists excatly fot questions like this and helps keep the forum free from 18941686931 number of threads.
            No hate, just saying!
            my apologies, i'll check the 'supermarket'....or hope to get 13 more posts this month. thanks.

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

anyone here expecting any packages from italy got delayed?
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• TarHeart
                • Jun 2009

Not so small question: Is fashion/clothing design unimportant and shallow?

I heard a radio program about Woody Allen, and his personal style. And in the program he stated "I am not interested in fashion, there are more important things, it's shallow".

Also, Miuccia Prada have given in, "I have grown tired of apologising for being in this profession. I know that clothes are not important, that I am not changing society."

Is this true?

I always thought about fashion as something cultural. You don't need fashion. Well, you don't need music, or literature either, do you? From that point of view, you really don't need anything.

I know it may seem a little bit retarded asking these questions on a forum like this, and in this thread... But it's just something that has bugging my mind for some time now.

I realize this must have been discussed plenty already,
                but I didn't get the chance to be involved in these discussions.

I feel that I have to justify a deeper interest in fashion somehow.

Comment

• Enaml
                  • Apr 2009

Tarheart, that question probably merits its own thread, assuming one doesn't already exist. I vaguely recall reading through a discussion on this somewhere on here at some point in the past.
                  How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2009

Has anyone had any experience with mattotti.co.jp? There's a size 44 CCP blazer I'm interested in, but it's been on there for a while, do they update the site much?

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                      • Mar 2007

They do, but pretty slow.

Comment

• mononon
                        • Sep 2009

worst thing happened,

my favorite cloak t shirt got stuck in a door handle, and now there is around a 1/2 inch by 1/2 1inch tear in the back.
                        if i do not want to bother to fix a t shirt professionally, how would getting duct tape and taping it shut from the inside work, especially after washing it?
                        calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

well if its infact your favourite shirt, I would look into getting it fixed. duct tape would hold it, but over time it might come off and with washing and wear, it might cause some sort of discoloration, the glue from the tape bleeding into the fabric etc. and if the fabric is light, the tape will most likely be noticeable.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mononon
                            • Sep 2009

thanks for the advice lowrey. its red, but i think maybe a grey bleeding from the duct tape would look cool.
                            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• kanne
                              • Jun 2009

If you like this shirt so much you should just bring it to your tailor...

I once had a burn hole in my favourite t-shirt after a party and brought it to my tailor. Now it's almost not visible anymore. I don't know how to describe it but she weaved the threads back together.
                              All handmade, that's why I paid ~10€. It was definitely worth it though!
                              Last edited by kanne; 04-30-2010, 09:45 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• jgan85
                                • Apr 2008

legit or not?

thank you gentlemen
                                ________
                                Avanza
                                Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎