• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Castor
    • Nov 2009

Object-bled?
    Originally posted by DRRRK
    The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• nictan
      • Jul 2009

Quick question. anyone tried dry-cleaning waxed jeans before? (dior, drkshdw, julius etc)

I wiki-ed about the process of dry cleaning and found out that it involves tumbling the garment in a rotating bin like in a regular washing-machine. wondering if it causes the wax to 'rub-off', as the jeans are getting thrashed around in the bin.

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

Yeah I dryclean my drkshdws. No problems.

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by nictan View Post
          Quick question. anyone tried dry-cleaning waxed jeans before? (dior, drkshdw, julius etc)

I wiki-ed about the process of dry cleaning and found out that it involves tumbling the garment in a rotating bin like in a regular washing-machine. wondering if it causes the wax to 'rub-off', as the jeans are getting thrashed around in the bin.
          I wash mine cold, inside-out. No problems or fading yet. But, I don't wash jeans often.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Ivans On High
            Banned
            • Oct 2008

Are these all black RO sneakers the new 'slimmer' version?

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
              Yeah I dryclean my drkshdws. No problems.
              Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
              I wash mine cold, inside-out. No problems or fading yet. But, I don't wash jeans often.
              alright thanks. will try send them to the dry cleaners today. hope it doesnt turn out as one of those unfortunate disasters.

Comment

• nictan
                • Jul 2009

and so i went to the dry cleaners today, with my dior arcadius. first shop told me to try another dry cleaners a few blocks away, as the other store uses more advanced chemicals etc.

did as told, and the second one turned me down as well. none were willing to do it, as they were afraid that the chemicals might 'react' with the wax etc.

Comment

• JSebbe
                  • Mar 2008

did the 09 ro waxed denim jacket with leather sleeves come w/o leather sleeves (in denim instead), too? :$ do I remember right that there is a version w/o any sleeves at all, as well?

anyone knows a place that carries the ccp chainseam gloved jersey in a 46? ( http://darklandsberlin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/product01.jpg )

cant fucking get my head through the 44... and I've got a kinda tiny head.
                  Last edited by JSebbe; 06-11-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• May 2007

I bought a pair of Rick selvedge jeans in hog color. One wash on permanent press and the color is halfway gone - almost white on the top and with streaks of white through a lot of the rest of the jean.

Is it possible to dye them so they don't become solid black? I liked the dirty black color they were before. I'd prefer bringing them to someone in NYC if possible but would consider doing it myself as long as I don't risk staining my bathtub black.

Comment

• doldrums
                      • Dec 2008

do any unfinished pieces of clothing (sans selvedge) - rick, carpe, dd etc - go to shit when placed in a washing machine? wife placed an ma+ piece by mistake...pretty ugly situation.

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by image View Post
                        I bought a pair of Rick selvedge jeans in hog color. One wash on permanent press and the color is halfway gone - almost white on the top and with streaks of white through a lot of the rest of the jean.

Is it possible to dye them so they don't become solid black? I liked the dirty black color they were before. I'd prefer bringing them to someone in NYC if possible but would consider doing it myself as long as I don't risk staining my bathtub black.
                        If you dye them yourself, it would actually be difficult to get them all the way black. If you use standard RIT in black dye, you usually (at best) end up with a mid/low gray, even on light cotton.

In a sink, get the water as hot as you can, agitate constantly for about a half hour and then rinse out in cold water.
                        Rinse and squeeze to get out the excess dye until the water runs Don't mix salt with the dye and you should end up with about a 70% gray in the end.
                        In the dye mix, it'll look really black...but you lose that during the rinse process. So as you're agitating, it'll look really dark. You'll lose a good bit of that.
                        From there, I'd wash them by hand if they need washed in something like Woolite.

Rit won't stain your porcelain but I'd try to use something as small as possible that you can submerge the entire jeans in so you don't have tons of water (more water you use, the more dye you need...go by the formula on the box).
                        Make sure you have a brush and some chlorine bleach. I never use the bleach but if there are stubborn dye stains afterward, that will get it off porcelain or stainless steel real quick.

I always use a sink, you can use a bucket. Just get the water as hot as you can, make sure you PRE-SOAK the jeans in water before submerging them into the dye mix and keep them underwater and agitated for a full half-hour.
                        Originally posted by mizzar
                        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

anyone knows which version of anndem boots these are?

they seem like the waxed boots with leather insets sold on darklands, but i asked the seller and he said he thinks these are different.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2009

Does anyone know what, if anything, the letter at the end of Carpe Diem shoe codes represents? Most of the time it seems to be 'M' eg. S40M, S52M, S21M etc. I'm sure I've seen a different letter before though, a 'W' maybe?

I was wondering whether it had anything to do with the toe box or sole. I just picked up a pair of S40's and noticed there are slightly different toe boxes and soles among them.

Comment

• stereophobic
                              • Aug 2009

does anyone know what came of Super based in Kohchi, Japan?

they used to be at http://super2003.shop-pro.jp/ but the website is no longer there.
                              An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
                                Does anyone know what, if anything, the letter at the end of Carpe Diem shoe codes represents? Most of the time it seems to be 'M' eg. S40M, S52M, S21M etc. I'm sure I've seen a different letter before though, a 'W' maybe?

I was wondering whether it had anything to do with the toe box or sole. I just picked up a pair of S40's and noticed there are slightly different toe boxes and soles among them.
                                um, mens and womens perhaps? ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎