X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eckblk
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by magic View Post
    anyone have purchase stuff from MixMix? Comments?
    I just received a pair Guidi's from them today. I was told they were/are going through a transition period, but stuff is slowly coming in for A/W.
    Last edited by eckblk; 06-27-2010, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• magic
      • Feb 2009

Thanks guys for the respond, i appreciated Will contact them for more info..
      Focusing on object details

Comment

• 8bpc
        • May 2010

Are there any sites that show Rick Owens pieces and have the actual item numbers if one were interesting in placing orders over the phone?

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Not directly associated with fashion, but with clothing:

The lining of my running shoes is peeling off at the heel. It's so significant that when I was running in them with low socks, my heel was bleeding seriously (plus - it did hurt).
          Is there a possibility to fix this? The material is one of those mesh-breathable linings for sport shoes. You know what I mean... It has just come off at that point, other than that everything is still alright.

Those were the shoes which lead me to my 3hrs 4min marathon finish :-\\
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• 8bpc
            • May 2010

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
            The lining of my running shoes is peeling off at the heel. It's so significant that when I was running in them with low socks, my heel was bleeding seriously (plus - it did hurt).
            You might be able to put some stitches through the lining or use some glue to hold it in place. But it sounds like you may have put enough miles on them and you should buy new ones since old, worn out running shoes can lead to injuries. "The generally accepted consensus is runners will require a new pair of running shoes every 300-500 miles" from therunnersguide.com

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

There's actually nothing to hold in place because the interior has shredded off... Just looking if there's anything I can put in there to fill in the missing lining.

Those are lightweight trainers, I guess that's why they are not holding up pretty good :-\ But def. wore the hell out of em. Still, if there is a possibility to fix I will do. I only use them when I am at home with my parents anyway, that's why I'ld rather get them fixed than buying a new pair just for leaving it at home and using it from time to time when visiting my parents...
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                • Mar 2007

If you're still using them for running, then I say get a new pair.
                I doubt if fixing it will be lasting solution, and you definitely don't want to hurt yourself further running in them...sounds awfully painful!

Comment

• Zhou
                  • Jan 2010

I didn't want to post a new thread for this but I have been wondering this since I started reading heavily into fashion, how do all of you identify the cuts, materials and details from the runway shots/showroom pics/online stores? When I read the opinions on the designer threads I usually see what everyone is talking about after it is said however not before and this has puzzled me. Perhaps I don't have an eye for it or maybe it will come with experience; I partially blame my growing up in such a fashion devoid city on my lack of real world experience with pieces.

Comment

• kuugaia
                    • Feb 2010

I was/am like you...so I think the answer is as simple as experience and a little education. Just from constantly handling the items in real life and following designers you can discern the materials from pictures. Cuts, on the other hand, are something that I had to do a little extra reading on, which I encourage everybody to do. Knowing the different cuts allows you to quickly recognize garments, idea behind the fit and...make better kopping decisions!

Comment

• beardown
                      rekoner
                      • Feb 2009

I think it's just like anything else someone might have an interest in.
                      Whether it's guitars or cars or art...if you have a passion for it, you spend free time reading about it.
                      Of course it takes time. The process of learning is an ongoing situation.

It's really that simple.
                      Those with the most knowledge are those who've spent the most time reading about different designers, labels and brands. You keep up with the latest lines and designers that interest you if you enjoy it naturally and then, in time, the blanks get filled in.

But I couldn't join a forum about cars and know the specifics of different models and years and manufacturers. That takes a huge amount of dedication and time.
                      Just how it is with anything that has a long history and a lot of facets. Fortunately, you've got years worth of discussion on SZ you have access to. Take advantage of the discussions from years past and read through as much as you can.
                      Originally posted by mizzar
                      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Wax
                        • Sep 2009

what the price on julius leather sandals from ss10 in average? Noticed that julius is already on sale at some places!

Comment

• stereophobic
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Wax View Post
                          what the price on julius leather sandals from ss10 in average? Noticed that julius is already on sale at some places!
                          the one DJI sold recently was 33,600yen, the rest vary in price from 44,100 to 86,100yen depending on detail.
                          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Zhou
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                            I think it's just like anything else someone might have an interest in.
                            Whether it's guitars or cars or art...if you have a passion for it, you spend free time reading about it.
                            Of course it takes time. The process of learning is an ongoing situation....
                            Fortunately, you've got years worth of discussion on SZ you have access to. Take advantage of the discussions from years past and read through as much as you can.
                            Thank you for the response, yeah that's pretty much what I've been doing going back to the old archived threads to suck as much knowledge as possible

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                            ... Cuts, on the other hand, are something that I had to do a little extra reading on, which I encourage everybody to do. Knowing the different cuts allows you to quickly recognize garments, idea behind the fit and...make better kopping decisions!
                            Thank you as well, definitely have been looking into more detailed descriptions of cuts

Comment

• nonomomo
                              • Oct 2009

Anyone ever tried altering fencing shirts? I want to shorten it by an inch or an inch and a half. Is it advisable to do that?
                              Cheers

Comment

• Nemesis_4
                                • Nov 2009

Does anyone know ghettosalazar on superfuture or know where he is for that matter? I've been trying to get ahold of him about his ccp wool pants he's selling but unfortunately I don't have a superfuture account at this time so I just downloaded his vcard, and I'm not even sure if that's his real email- anyway I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out and get me in touch with him... pm me if you can help a brother out

EDIT: Finally got a hold of him
                                Last edited by Nemesis_4; 07-01-2010, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎