Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
      can someone post a photo of a shirt with a destroyed hem? there's one in particular where it is destroyed along the bottom left hem and it's absolutely escaping me. thanks in advance!
      Are you going to try a DIY version or do you work for All Saints?
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• xeraphim
        • Nov 2008

guidi backzips finally arrived, but the size doesn't feel quite right.

i'm usually a 41/42, ordered the boots in a 43 and they don't fit tight at all. i'm thinking of reordering a pair in 42, but would the length of the sole be potentially too short?

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

Probably depends on what kind of leather they are. The only pair of backzips I've had were a solid 1.5 sizes small so I sized up from 43.5 to a 45 and they were still a little tight in the toes and where the shaft folds upward on the top part of the foot.
          Those were super soft kangaroo.

The shaft on mine were too narrow to tuck anything into and I kind of wanted that option during winter so I eventually let them go.

Soft leather will mold to the foot a bit but if you have a more rigid leather, I'm not sure if I would chance it.
          Someone else may be able to chime in but I think it's one of those situations where the proportions just aren't a fit for all foot types.

You could try a heavy insole but if they're loose at the shaft/ankle, I guess that wouldn't help much.
          Personally, I'd check the toe space in the pair you've got now to see if you could afford to lose any length. You don't want to end up with jammed toes in an effort to get the shaft to fit better.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
            • Mar 2007

I'm a 41/42.

Got the babycalf backzips in 42.
            I initially wanted a more snug fit on the foot, or so I thought when I made the purchase.
            After wearing it a couple of times, I found the fit too snug, my foot almost looking a little too stuffed, which could also be due to the very soft nature of the babycalf leather.
            Also, I found the outsole length just a tad short for my liking..29.7cm.
            So I decided to find a better-suited home for them, even though the babycalf leather was really nice and incredibly comfortable.

I'm now wearing a size 44 Donkey backzip (it just so happened the store only had a 44 in donkey), and it's perfection to me. The outsole measures about 30.7cm, and the larger size allows more folds/creases around the foot area, in addition to the signature ankle creases.

It really depends how you like your fit to be. I feel there's no real right fit.
            To me, outsole length is very important, that's a main reason why I sized up so much, and if it fits too loose, I'd just add an insole.

edit: Xeraphim, how loose do they fit? Will an insole help? If outsole length is of concern to you, and you're happy with your size 43 length, then keep it and use an insole if that solves the loose fit problem. Guidi outsole lengths are pretty short generally.
            Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 07-05-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• xeraphim
              • Nov 2008

my pair is in donkey leather, there is about a finger's worth of spacing between my toes and the front of the boot. length-wise i think it fits fine, but the shaft feels a tad big due to me having chicken legs.

A,B&S, how is your pair breaking in currently?

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                • Mar 2007

It fitted perfect since day one...almost zero break-in time...which surprised me a little.
                The creases (not just around the ankle but the foot area as well) are forming beautifully with each wear...

Comment

• hysterichostile
                  • Dec 2009

Peeps with DBSS sneaks, is it or is it not, redundant/possible to add protective soles on em?

Comment

• croatoan
                    • Jul 2007

I don't think you would need it. If you do notice the sole wearing down considerably, you could always just get it fixed. I've had mine for a little over a year and they gotten some heavy wear, but the sole barely shows the signs.

Comment

• chameleon
                      • Jun 2008

this might be a long shot, but could anyone tell me the fabric compostition of these jackets? (i'm assuming it's the same for both?)

Last edited by chameleon; 07-05-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• kbi
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                        It fitted perfect since day one...almost zero break-in time...which surprised me a little.
                        The creases (not just around the ankle but the foot area as well) are forming beautifully with each wear...
                        did you put rubber soles on them? Or just in general how's the wear on the sole since it looks quite thin

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                          • Mar 2007

Only vibram half soles added for now.
                          Doing the heels in Tokyo next month..

Comment

• mononon
                            • Sep 2009

no need for protective soles for DBSS sneakers with decent wear. i've worn my in the rain, on gravel, etc... and the heals are still find. the rubber is fairly thick.

i owned the second Yohji jacket. i am almost positive its 100% wool, but cannot remember the exact composition, sorry.
                            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• chameleon
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                              i owned the second Yohji jacket. i am almost positive its 100% wool, but cannot remember the exact composition, sorry.
                              damn. anyway, so it's not a cotton blend for sure? thanks

too bad you don't have it anymore -- so you could've sold it to me

Comment

• mononon
                                • Sep 2009

more pics of the scissor / crane version here,
                                sorry no pics of the previous two. hope these can help anyone interested in similar yohji pieces

calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎