X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

depends on the hoody, but I guess both might work unless its a lot shorter. or alternatively find a right length one or a longer one which can be shortened?
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

I've never owned a pair of the Rick Owens boots with Crepe soles....how do these hold up? do they wear easily? and what does it feel like exactly?

Comment

• KM80
        • Mar 2008

I think it feels a bit softer to the step, I wore the shit out of mine for over a year and a half before they were pretty worn down, then I just got the sole replaced, no big deal.

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

There are two different soles that rick refers to as 'crepe' as far as I know. One is a true crepe (which is like a gummy substance, something similar to a Clark shoe) which is soft and quiet and grippy like a gum eraser. I personally love that version.

The other, on some season's boots, are more of a normal rubber textured to appear like crepe. It's probably more durable and stiffer. Not as comfortable in my opinion. Basically like a thick sneaker sole.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• laughed
            • Jul 2009

alright, another sole question - do i need to put soles on augustas boots? I see in pics there are these little stud type things but I can't really tell if indeed they need a sole - if the bottoms are in fact slick. I guess putting a sole on would cover up this nice aesthetic touch on the original soles.

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

those studs are nails. theres a discussion about this there and its really your choice wheather or not to put rubber sole. personally i have done on mine for practical wise, less noise more grip more lasting.
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                • Mar 2007

Yes

Personally, minimum I'd add half-soles regardless of how attractive the original soles are. It's for protection of the shoes and, on a more practical level, prevention from slipping.

Comment

• laughed
                  • Jul 2009

that's what i thought...just makin sure. thanks. soles for me. now just a matter of whether i should cop.
                  Last edited by laughed; 07-10-2010, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• renard rouge
                    • Jul 2010

Does Rick's coats coming from his boutique usually come with hangers and garment bags?

Comment

• deleuze
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by renard rouge View Post
                      Does Rick's coats coming from his boutique usually come with hangers and garment bags?
                      Don't worry about it, Canaduh will hook you up for some. Just make sure to get measurements before purchasing.

Comment

• nictan
                        • Jul 2009

Does guidi make lace-up boots with this height (zamb's white pair) but with a lower heel like that in the 995?

What would that model number be?

Thanks!

Comment

• shah
                          • Jul 2009

anyone familiar with KVA sizing (compared with cp/mmm) ?

Comment

• headpower
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by dji View Post
                            similar, no where near as deep as the plain clothing ones though. here is one of the FW10 cotton cashmere jersey l/s tee.

Do you know the quality of plain clothing? I was thinking of grabbing a few piece for the hot summer, but not sure how it holds up.

Comment

• hysterichostile
                              • Dec 2009

Anyone handled Julius' past season cotton/silk jerseys?
                              I recently got the 09SS cotton/silk jersey and wore it twice, but it felt like the area running down the sides (the silk area?) feels like it's tearing up and breaking apart., especially along the edges I've never handled cotton/silk tees, pardon me for my ignorance but is it some kinda quality issue? Or is it meant to be like this?

Originally posted by headpower View Post
                              Do you know the quality of plain clothing? I was thinking of grabbing a few piece for the hot summer, but not sure how it holds up.
                              I've got the 3/4, s/s, and l/s tees, of which the s/s ones i've worn almost to death, holding up quite well still, no holes or rips. Lots of piling though, maybe because i carry a bag often?

Comment

• croatoan
                                • Jul 2007

Don't worry about it.

edit: and I should note that I machine wash on gentle and hang to dry.
                                Last edited by croatoan; 07-12-2010, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎