Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mononon
    • Sep 2009

about the KVA question, id assume they fit the same as Common Projects. Looks like they use the same soles.
    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• shah
      • Jul 2009

thanks

Comment

• Castor
        • Nov 2009

I have a couple of pieces and while they are not as soft as the fabric content would suggest (quite rough in fact), I've had no quality issues. Hand wash and dry flat and they have been fine.

Originally posted by hysterichostile View Post
        Anyone handled Julius' past season cotton/silk jerseys?
        I recently got the 09SS cotton/silk jersey and wore it twice, but it felt like the area running down the sides (the silk area?) feels like it's tearing up and breaking apart., especially along the edges I've never handled cotton/silk tees, pardon me for my ignorance but is it some kinda quality issue? Or is it meant to be like this?

I've got the 3/4, s/s, and l/s tees, of which the s/s ones i've worn almost to death, holding up quite well still, no holes or rips. Lots of piling though, maybe because i carry a bag often?
        Originally posted by DRRRK
        The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• May 2007

Does anyone know the model # of the Julius jeans with the moto detailing on the knees? I've found the jersey version but haven't been able to locate the jean version in order to search for it...size 3 in case anyone has any leads.

Comment

• stereophobic
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by image View Post
            Does anyone know the model # of the Julius jeans with the moto detailing on the knees? I've found the jersey version but haven't been able to locate the jean version in order to search for it...size 3 in case anyone has any leads.
            297PAM5-C, they're getting reissued this season as 317PAM9 so you shouldn't have problems obtaining them.
            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Nemesis_4
              • Nov 2009

Has anyone owned one of rick's boiled wool jackets? It looks super warm and comfy- any opinions?

I'm considering picking this up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RICK-OWENS-BOILE...item20b212da84

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

I'm not sure which thread this should be posted in, it seems like it would belong in the "Small Questions" thread in Designers and their work, but that doesn't exist.

A friend and I were wondering about the modern origin of destroyed/distressed/deconstructed garments in fashion. Obviously, something as nebulous as this will have a wide range of influences and origins dating back basically indefinitely, but we were thinking about influential shows or anything else that moved this aesthetic into the modern sensibilities. There's clearly Carpe Diem, and even earlier (iirc) ugh Lagerfeld's 1988 show, but what (re?) introduced this aesthetic to common sensibility?
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesnā€™t necessarily mean that weā€™re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

I think the earliest appearance of what is now considered "deconstruction," in fashion would be Yohji and Rei's work in the early 70's...

But Margiela is also a key part of this history, since he pioneered the transformation of deconstructed elements into new and unthinkable garments. I think the influence of this type of "reconstruction" came to pervade both fashion and streetwear far more quickly than the japanese sensibility, and is perhaps most responsible for what is most commonly perceived as deconstruction now...

Maybe we should have a thread on deconstruction, it's a great topic and so very SZ
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Laika is right as always (although not sure about the dates, but i trust you!).
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

^really? would you put it later? maybe johnny can chime in...
                      i was hesitating btwn early and late 70's....
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I'd say late 70s, but could be before that, of course if you estimate that they must've played around with it before they took it to Paris. I suppose it depends from where you want to start the final countdown, tu-du-tu-tu-tu-tu, the final countdown.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                          I have a couple of pieces and while they are not as soft as the fabric content would suggest (quite rough in fact), I've had no quality issues. Hand wash and dry flat and they have been fine.
                          Out of the dozens of similar shirts that I have from Rick, Ann, Julius, Boris, Damir, etc... every single one has at least some holes in them. I don't know where they come from, but they are almost always only on the front of the shirt. I just accept it.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by hysterichostile View Post
                            Anyone handled Julius' past season cotton/silk jerseys?
                            as suggested, donĀ“t worry and hand wash carefully and they will keep making you happy for a long time...

Comment

• laughed
                              • Jul 2009

anyone recommend i nice leather camera case? (35mm)

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                                anyone recommend i nice leather camera case? (35mm)
                                try luigi crescenzi at www.leicatime.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎