X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Both Margiela lines, 10 and 14 are fine, 14 is usually more classic. Lanvin you can tell apart by the tag. The Elbaz/Ossendrijver stuff has the black/purple Lanvin tag.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• shiseido_miyake
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      almost a stupid question really, but....

I am starting to look at some suits for interviews coming up.... MMM, McQueen and Lanvin come to mind. What Margiela lines would be appropriate and aside from the price tag telling me so, how do I distinguish the crap Lanvin ("Lanvin for Barneys" etc.) from the Elbaz?
      ha......
      sorry for asking stupid question here.......
      i think i got the answer.....
      thanks anyway

Comment

• pierce4
        • Mar 2010

What product does the addict and other models use in their hair to get the wet but not super greasy look?

Comment

• theaddict
          • Apr 2008

very wet hair, apply lots of wet gel, straigthen, use lots of hair spray, dry carefully...result is a non greasy, but suuuuper hard helmet! Nothing else works with my thick Asian hair...

Originally posted by pierce4 View Post
          What product does the addict and other models use in their hair to get the wet but not super greasy look?
          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• laughed
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by swami View Post
            Midlife approaching Time to Rogaine your youth?

Seriously though my wife lives in her baseball hats when she is runnign around. her favorite are the Y3 kind , I still dont get it & have given up trying
            I think some of it is nostalgia - (used to wear hats as a kid all the time)
            some of it is boredom. (dressing cool all the time you know, can get boring) and I think some of it is just not caring anymore about anything. I am tired of my hair, I'm tired of doing my hair (it's long so if i don't do it it looks like a huge afro)....but the real reason it all began was because I was trying to find an old beanie to run in to hold my hair back and a friend told me to just buy a hat. I did and now I think I'm going to be wearing it more than I ever thought. maybe.

Comment

• kuugaia
              • Feb 2010

Does anybody know when sales hit Japan for AW? Was it Dec or Jan?

Comment

• nictan
                • Jul 2009

if im not wrong. its in january.

Comment

• kuugaia
                  • Feb 2010

Yeah that's what I assumed too, but is anybody certain? I'm planning to go to Japan, so trying to work out my timing to be in Tokyo.

Laughed I wear caps and beanies when I can't be bothered with my hair too. I find that people only look good in hats when they have long hair...maybe it's just me.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                    • Feb 2010

does anybody know if oki-ni has ordered BBS for fall?

Comment

• jogu
                      • Jun 2009

do stockists have to buy a certain min quantity of a particular piece in order for the designer to send it to them ? i mean like if i ask this guy that stocks yohji here if he could order like 2 things for next summer for me but its somethin he wasnt intending on buying for his store could whomevers in charge of sending orders out to stockists say nahhh we cant do just 1 of something ?

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                        Yeah that's what I assumed too, but is anybody certain? I'm planning to go to Japan, so trying to work out my timing to be in Tokyo.
                        I can't say with 100% certainty when they start, but sales are definitely happening in Japan just after new year's. That's the traditional sales time. Some stores may be jumping the gun a bit with pre-xmas sales like they do in the US which is why I'm not totally certain. Still, the vast majority will happen in early January.

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

^ absolutely true. i went in mid june, and there were sales here and there. but not on the scale of what i would have been enjoying at the start of july.

there isnt a 'alright guys, today's the start of sales period'. but you should expect most stores to start in january/july. while a few might get ahead of the pack and start slightly earlier.

Comment

• SuperTurboTaco
                            • Oct 2009

January 2nd in Japan is like black Friday in the States. It is pure madness everywhere. Not to bad though at most of the shops people on here would be shopping at. Depending on the store, if you go right before they close for the New Year holiday, they might give you the sale price then. If you are a regular customer, some places have secret sales before the New Year as well.

Comment

• croatoan
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                              do stockists have to buy a certain min quantity of a particular piece in order for the designer to send it to them ? i mean like if i ask this guy that stocks yohji here if he could order like 2 things for next summer for me but its somethin he wasnt intending on buying for his store could whomevers in charge of sending orders out to stockists say nahhh we cant do just 1 of something ?
                              It depends on the brand, but generally, as long as what you want is included in the order before the deadline, it would be no problem.

Comment

• kuugaia
                                • Feb 2010

nictan, stadsvandringar and SuperTurboTaco - Thanks guys. That's what I thought...which just sucks literal dick since I'm going to be in Japan mostly in Dec but leaving in Jan. Haha...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎