Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

yeah, any other online appearance than neverendgallery?

Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
    who in europe stocks chin teo rings?
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

any insights into ann d. outerwear sizing?

This is available in L but not sure if it will fit me.

Comment

• Speak
        • Nov 2007

Sorry I'm not sure if this is the right section for this.

I just went to pick up my suit from the tailor and was horrified when I tried on the coat. I was having the length of the arms taken up; so it was taken up by the shoulder. The problem is, the upper arm is now significantly narrower and the fit looks just like theaddicts fit picture in the WAYWT thread (not that I think that look is bad, just that the jacket was not meant to fit that way). It looks like I'm wearing football pads and the arms are separate from the rest of the coat.

Is there anything I can do at this point?

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

well, hopefully the tailor left the excess fabric in place so it can be taken apart again and reattached from the original part.

how much were they shortened? generally, taking up the sleeve moderately should not alter the shoulder fitment that much, so it sounds like the tailor simply did a poor job.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

I'd contact Zamb stat with lots of photos/closeups/detail shots.

He could at least assess the damage and see if it's reversible.
            Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Speak
              • Nov 2007

Thanks for the response guys.

I had to have it taken up about 2" (I'm quite short).

They said they would fix it, so I'm going back in a few hours to pick it up, hopefully they can!

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                • Feb 2008

where can i purchase a replacement riri m8 zipper for my julius leather?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

1-800-CALL-ZAM
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nictan
                    • Jul 2009

never used hide-san for bidding on auctions before. got a question to ask. when bidding for an auction through hide-san, i submit my max bid to him right?

what happens thereafter, does he submit my maximum bid, or does he bid in the auction incrementally up to my max bid?

Comment

• shah
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                      any insights into ann d. outerwear sizing?

This is available in L but not sure if it will fit me.

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men...m10051988.aspx
                      i'd like to know as well ?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

This should run big - her outerwear usually does.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                          never used hide-san for bidding on auctions before. got a question to ask. when bidding for an auction through hide-san, i submit my max bid to him right?

what happens thereafter, does he submit my maximum bid, or does he bid in the auction incrementally up to my max bid?
                          why not ask him?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Speak View Post
                            Thanks for the response guys.

I had to have it taken up about 2" (I'm quite short).

They said they would fix it, so I'm going back in a few hours to pick it up, hopefully they can!
                            Sorry Man, this is serious, I kinda had to laugh, even though I didn't want to.
                            Shortening jacket sleeves from the shoulders is not a particularly easy Job, the Collar and shoulder of a jacket are the two most crucial parts to a good looking Jacket, and if the tailor is not skilled enough he/ she can do some serious damage in altering those parts.

the secret to this Job is that the new Armhole on the sleeves has to be re-cut exactly as it was on the original pattern after the excess fabric has been removed, and the seams/ grain line has to be lined up exactly as they were before. if this doesn't happen, its not gonna hang right.
                            Not everyone knows how to do this, and I doubt the fabric is left inside, matter of fact I am almost certain it isn't left inside, because then, you couldn't resew the sleeves with 2" of excess fabric on the sleeve cap.

then you have, depending on the construction of the piece, the Chest Canvas, the Sleeve heads, the ease differential and the shoulder pads to realign properly.

I hope it works out, but I highly doubt it, please do let us know though, I wish this for no one, especially if it was an expensive suit!
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by nictan View Post

from my experience he does this, and if it goes above that, he ask your permission to increase the bid,
                              as Faust said, he is a member here, so you can always send him a PM
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• shah
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                This should run big - her outerwear usually does.
                                thanks !

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎