• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

jil sander tailor made can be had for @1k

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
    Looking for another suit... for interview purposes.

Are the margiela line 14 suits pretty solid? Looking for something slightly slim but not too severe as to raise eyebrows. Also, they fit true to size if I'm a true 50?

Certainly open to other recommendations as well. Also looking to spend around $1k (or less if possible)!

Thanks guys!

Comment

• taylen
      • Jul 2010

After saw a few beautiful PH blazers, please show me where can i buy it online? proxy? and stupid question from a new member that is how much it will cost for? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• seatbelts
        • Sep 2010

Hey all, first posts here. After lurking for a while, I finally sold half my current wardrobe and just bulked up on standard basics, denim, a hoodie or two, and a belt. However, my footwear is severely lacking. I have zero (!!) leather boots of any kind, although I do have an RO sneaker. I wasn't looking to drop 800$+ on my first MA+/Julius/Gucci etc. and I stumbled across these:

Are any of them passable for a decent entry level boot to wear with dark indigo/black denim/trousers? I'm still getting a very rudimentary feel for materials, aesthetics etc., so bear with me here.
        julius leather jacket size 2
        http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
          I think i created this bag in my head between these 2 which both now ring a bell,thanks
          This one? Pics are Klangspiels who sold this beauty a couple of months ago. Have never seen it before or after that.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Matis
            • Feb 2010

First i think it would be good to buy another RO sneaker.

A friend, or should i say a classmate actually owns a pair of H.by Hudson, they still hold up pretty good, but they look eurotrashy imo. I dont know the other brand you posted, if you plan on spending 300$ on those you should rather invest in some better boots.

Comment

• seatbelts
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Eternal
              I like the Rokin boots, and with the more subtle design than the two others it might be a good thing considering you have no other boots. More versatile for most people I would imagine. For what it's worth Rokin is pretty well-made for the price.
              Originally posted by Matis View Post
              First i think it would be good to buy another RO sneaker.

A friend, or should i say a classmate actually owns a pair of H.by Hudson, they still hold up pretty good, but they look eurotrashy imo. I dont know the other brand you posted, if you plan on spending 300$ on those you should rather invest in some better boots.
              I appreciate the honest advice. I think I want to expand my materials before I buy another RO sneaker, no matter how sexy they are . I like the Rokin and the laceless ones I posted, I feel the "eurotrash" factored is tonedowned. I really don't know brands that well, for 300-400$ what should I go looking at on what sites?

Comment

• Dawn
                • Mar 2009

/\ if you're looking for a pair of boots and are on a spending limit, you should consider brands like NDC, Buttero, and Fiorentini+Baker to name a few...

Comment

• seatbelts
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dawn View Post
                  /\ if you're looking for a pair of boots and are on a spending limit, you should consider brands like NDC, Buttero, and Fiorentini+Baker to name a few...
                  Did I do better? About 150$ more expensive though, than the H by Hudsons.

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

I like the second pair of Fiorentini+Baker you posted.

Comment

• seatbelts
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                      I like the second pair of Fiorentini+Baker you posted.
                      Yeah, I'm coppin' them now.

Comment

• diorowen
                        • Aug 2010

small question here :)
                        in regards of quality, which one is better, rick owens leather jacket or Julius_7 leather jacket?
                        since I personally never handle one of the rick owens's..
                        opinion anyone?
                        special question for kunk75 :p, what makes you like rick owens leather jacket so much?( its ok if you dont want to answer, or maybe its private answer) haha.
                        thanks guys!
                        still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• mononon
                          • Sep 2009

rick owens leather - pros and cons of oiled calf vs lamb? which is more at retail as well?
                          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Geezor
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                            rick owens leather - pros and cons of oiled calf vs lamb? which is more at retail as well?
                            From my experience , calf versions are usually in fall/winter collections as they are warmer (and usually heavier). There are pretty few versions of lamb leather jackets (washed , hammered e.t.c.) , from which some are pretty warm and some are lighter and they are mostly used in ss collections.

About pricing , i don't think there is a rule about that , depends on the jacket and the lamb version. But i would risk saying calf is usually most expensive.

Comment

• mononon
                              • Sep 2009

^thanks! generally speaking, which leather is more dull / less shiny?
                              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• nictan
                                • Jul 2009

kopped this from the Guidi thread.

anyone knows the difference between donkey and baby calf? in terms of texture, stiffness, thickness etc etc etc.

MIGHT look into custom ordering. considering between the two as i guess the rest will either be too soft or too stiff. and these two are probably the more popular ones i see around, must definitely be a reason behind it.

Originally posted by coccodrillo View Post
                                ^From what Marco at PNP explained the order is from softest to most stiff:

Kangaroo
                                Soft Horse
                                Baby Calf
                                Donkey
                                Horse

If anyone has info regarding where the sheep, stag and goat leathers should be placed -please chime in

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎