Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mononon
    • Sep 2009

^ can you share with us what your position will be? i'm not sure a leather perfecto is appropriate for a job interview (well...depending on the position and company...)
    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

its a graphic design position in a print shop.
      its a big company and a nice one at that...not a huge "creative" environment..but yeah, i love that jacket.

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

I wouldn't wear leather to an interview mostly because it might feel a bit contrived. I can appreciate the fact that it's what you love and would normally wear but as an artist myself, I'd go with something that makes less of a statement.

If it was an environment where the whole place is fueled by creativity, it might make sense. But dress sharp without dressing 'up' in your own style. You don't want your appearance to speak louder than your work in my opinion.

I've worn t-shirts to some pretty large interviews and got the job. More important than what you're wearing is your attitude and your portfolio. Just dress comfortably...dressing up too much is as dangerous as dressing too far down but leather makes a pretty powerful statement. Save it until after you're on the payroll.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laughed View Post
          I have a job interview monday and I am trying to sharpen up the look a bit. I got a perfecto leather jacket that i usually wear - and well - i got other jackets too - that are more for the occasion but they really aren't me. i haven't worn a tie in years - and i don't really like them -
          1) are ties really all the bad?
          2) can i pair a tie with a leather perfecto - i did - black jeans, boots, black veronique underneath - and it looks alright actually - but still - i think its more the tie thing - ?
          3) what to do when all you wear are black jeans, motorcycle boots and black tees when trying to clean up your look for an interview?
          btw this place isn't really dress super sharp but a lot of the bigger dudes dress nice and i won't to make a good impression.
          Do that, and I will hunt you down and kill you myself.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mononon
            • Sep 2009

^LOL. quote-worthy
            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Mikevigar
              • Jan 2010

Is there a thread anywhere here for help identifying clothes you own? Have had a look but wasn't sure if I'd missed it?

Comment

• klangspiel
                • Apr 2007

can someone help with details on this cdg jacket? thanks.

Comment

• mononon
                  • Sep 2009

i have all these deleted posts in my FS thread. is there a way to get rid of it?

Comment

• diorowen
                    • Aug 2010

small question.
                    did kazuyuki kumagai ever make a drop crotch pants? in any season?
                    still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Raw
                      • Oct 2009

For the Devoa NCS-D01 light jersey tees, which one of these sites have a better representation of the charcoal colour in real life? They look very different for some reason...
                      京都のセレクトショップVEKTORが運営するvektrize.com DEVOA,GalaabenD,OURET,SISTEREなどのブランドを取り扱っています

Comment

• Eye
                        • Jan 2010

Any feeds on this luc scarf collar jacket ?

Especially about the fit. Does this have long sleeves/body ? Does the material stretch ? (it might, since its cashmere+silk+coton).
                        Thanks!
                        WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

its quite stretchy, super soft. fairly long body as well, at least in size 48 and up.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• laughed
                            • Jul 2009

Does anyone know of any stores where i can purchase a gift card online - send it via email to the recipient - and the email gift card can be used not just online but in the actual store?

Comment

• oceanos
                              • Aug 2009

Does anyone know how the non-hooded version of this hoody fits and what its material feels like? :

Would a 50 fit me as a small - normal 48?
                              thanks!
                              Last edited by oceanos; 10-27-2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• en0rm
                                • May 2010

Augusta sizing...

okay so im looking into getting a pair of Augustas and im abit concerned about the sizing.
                                in most shoes and boots Im a 45 but i would say my feet are more of a large 45 or 46.
                                i went to the local shop as they got the aw10 augustas in, but they only got up to size 44 anyway i had a look at the low ankle boot and tried to stick my foot in it but i had absolutely no chance, it was tiny also for a 44

so my question is, do augustas usually run really small ?
                                which size would you recommend? does augusta even make them in my size?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎