Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedevilisinthedetails
    • Nov 2008

I know this has been asked numerous times and I'm sorry for asking but I'm about to place a custom order for some Guidi boots and would like to verify with the expert(s) here about them.
    Is 788z the high stack heel backzip midlength boots? The reason I ask is cause I've searched this forum and seen different model numbers for this particular boot. Thanks

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Sizing of Julius, CDGPH, Junya/Men for Women

Hallo,

I am desperate for a Julius leather jacket, but I've been told that Julius 1 would is equal to IT 44 at its most slender. Are there seasons or models that ran quite small? Do you have suggestions for me for very small items from CCP and Julius from any seasons (I'm IT 36-38 but could fit up to 42 depending on how I want the item to fit). My feeling with some of the Japanese stuff and my many visits to Japan is that there are some Japanese men who seem to be around my size...and they must need clothes!

And as for all the labels in the CDG collective: how would XX measure up when translated into female sizes? Perhaps those of you with ladyfriends who sometimes borrow your clothes know!

Until then, it's all accessories and Ann D, RO for me...

MetroBulotDodo
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
        My feeling with some of the Japanese stuff and my many visits to Japan is that there are some Japanese men who seem to be around my size...and they must need clothes!
        isn't IT36 off the size charts, like an XXXS? if so, I can't imagine any grown man (japanese or not) being this small

or do you mean EU / french sizes? EU36 = roughly an S or XS = IT40

womens clothing sizes
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• diorowen
          • Aug 2010

corrected by mr.lolwrey
          Last edited by diorowen; 10-29-2010, 02:01 AM.
          still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I'm speaking of womens sizes here.

Italian sizes are not the same as EU sizes.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• diorowen
              • Aug 2010

^haha..
              my bad then..
              still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Cyan
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                Hallo,

Do you have suggestions for me for very small items from CCP and Julius from any seasons (I'm IT 36-38 but could fit up to 42 depending on how I want the item to fit). My feeling with some of the Japanese stuff and my many visits to Japan is that there are some Japanese men who seem to be around my size...
                I've been handled some julius pieces from 06 and the most pieces run fairly small, I could pull off a dior jacket in 42 but I've never been able to zip up my 06 julius jacket in size 1

here's an instance:http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d105900025

the shoulder measurement seems fine for men but the body width and length definitely would fit a womens IT42

Comment

• cooldudeguy3000
                  • Jun 2010

Is it possible to have an epaulette replaced and a buckle added?

I am strongly considering buying and then paying to fix it but I want to make sure it is possible

Comment

• thaiison
                    • Dec 2009

can anyone help me ID from which season this intarsia is from(if it's possible from the tag)?

Comment

• eckblk
                      • Mar 2010

^^
                      I think, it's the Hammered Lamb from A/W 2009.
                      Last edited by eckblk; 10-29-2010, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

Low,

No, no. I *am* an IT 36 in many labels, McQueen, MMM, off the top of my head -- and I most def know my sizes having worked as a buyer in a previous life at a fancy fashion forward new york store. In EU or FR, I am 34. My Ann D 36 skirts are huge. BUT, I am fine with buying things that don't fit perfectly and styling them so that they look right.

(I am asian, hence the super slightness.)

I can work it up to a 40, but it does looks big on me. I have some MA+ leather pants in IT 42 and they stay up but I'm looking for a tailor I trust -- won't hand them over to just anyone! -- since I am not in my usual city this year.

I think I am going to try Julius in 1 - want a leather jacket, right? If I can't make it work out, well, someone here will want it, I'm sure. Just thinking ahead to my next trip to Japan on the way to see my family (in Feb.).

So, I'll continue to take responses if someone can enlighten me re: ladyfriend first hand knowledge.

Thanks guys! I love this place...but how do you stay away from it?! Ugh. MBD

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

ok, well as I mentioned in another thread, Julius MA will have size 0 from SS11, so maybe that will work out

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                            • Oct 2010

JULIUS 0 WHOA

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            ok, well as I mentioned in another thread, Julius MA will have size 0 from SS11, so maybe that will work out
                            YESSSSSS. Thanks for repeating that little tidbit. Something to look forward to. I've spoken to girlfriends about the same thing: make Julius for us!!!

thx again lowrey,

mbt

Comment

• nictan
                              • Jul 2009

does the embossed Guidi logo on the insoles vary from shoe to shoe?

looking at a pair online and the insoles look like this

but the embossment insole on this looks so much sharper and the orientation is different.

dont wanna end up paying a good amount of money for a 'fake'.

thanks!

Comment

• kuugaia
                                • Feb 2010

^ Can't say that I'm a professional when it comes to Guidi, but if it means much, my pair look like the second photo you have up. But I find it hard to imagine fake Guidi compared to say...RO or Ann. If skeptical, maybe check if it's goodyear welted?

Guidi overall isn't exactly precision construction in my honest opinion, so I would imagine the first pair still being legit even if it looks fuked up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎