anyone knows which one is thicker?
    devoa
    or julius ma

cheers
    K

Comment

• kirkmitchell
      • Apr 2009

Sensible shoes now purchased (Alden colour 8 cordovan derbies!) I am saving up for some vin diesel shoes/boots. I really like the white and gray shoes, especially the dipped sneaks, as well as the scarred derbies. I'm really stuck on cordovan as a material, I love the feel and its physical properties. I've also ascertained through talking with a couple people that I'm most likely a size 8 in XXX.

Bearing in mind that there are no Canadian stockists since Komakino went online only, so I won't be able to try on or handle them in person, and also that I will have enough saved up around about the time that the new collection starts to arrive in stores, I have a couple of questions:

Dipped sneaks: resoleable? vibram-able? worth it?

Scarred grey cordovan derbies: actually available? worth it?

Something else awesome: like boots?

New collection: wait for it instead? hold my bloody horses and try to snag something second hand?

Comment

• Dropt
        • May 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
        ^oiled leather

Thanks.

Comment

• sshum88
          • Dec 2007

Like many who have gone through the process, you may find that you will have to buy and sell a few pairs before finding the right ones. I suggest that you buy 2nd hand and figure out what you like or don't like...or actually what your feet will like or not like. If you've gone through all the past posts, you will notice posts where 'the boots are breaking my foot' rather than my feet are breaking in the boots.

If you're after a certain color, then you will have to be patience or very fast with the credit card. Some styles and colors go very quickly due to stores not carrying many of them...sometimes 1 of each size 7,8,9.

I love boots so I would start with boots; go with what you love or at least what you see yourself wearing everyday.

Originally posted by kirkmitchell View Post
          I'm most likely a size 8 in XXX.

Bearing in mind that there are no Canadian stockists since Komakino went online only, so I won't be able to try on or handle them in person, and also that I will have enough saved up around about the time that the new collection starts to arrive in stores, I have a couple of questions:

Dipped sneaks: resoleable? vibram-able? worth it?

Scarred grey cordovan derbies: actually available? worth it?

Something else awesome: like boots?

New collection: wait for it instead? hold my bloody horses and try to snag something second hand?
          Originally posted by eat me
          If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

Does anyone know how Helmut Lang-era Helmut Lang sizing works on the jackets (looking at an MA1)? Is a 44 an XS or an XL?
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

Hello.

I've had this AD off-white/beige leather jacket for around a month, and I've been observing some quite interesting tiny little holes developing.
              They are not noticeable at all, but naturally I am very worried. Here are some pictures:

What do you think? Has anyone encountered anything similar?
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

Has anyone had any experience with leather wax? I'd like to waterproof some leather items, but don't want to screw them up. I would prefer wax over silicone based sprays, as I hear silicone is damaging... Thoughts?

I want to hit some green grey derbies with the wax, but really don't want to ruin the colour. They're the ones cut from the edge of the cordovan shell, the half suede half finished ones? Thanks guys.
                Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• I have a suggestion we include good tailors and cobblers in the shopping maps, or create a new thread dedicated to tailors and cobblers.

i need to find a good tailor in London, with experience with high fashion alterations.

Comment

• nictan
                    • Jul 2009

anyone knows which season this Volga Volga jacket is from?

Looking for this in a S, or something similar with the mandarin collar

Last edited by nictan; 11-20-2010, 05:32 AM.

Comment

• seatbelts
                      • Sep 2010

I recently bought a pair of DRKSHDW detroits in Dust at forwardforward, and after one day of wear I noticed two holes on the back seat of the jeans. The holes are symmetrical, both forming on the top inner seam of the back pockets, the corner closest to the back rise seam (sorry for the haphazard description, I do not have my camera with me). I emailed forwardforward about this, assuming it is an individual manufacturer mistake and hoping for an exchange/refund. Anyone been through this process before with forwardforward and their experience?
                      julius leather jacket size 2
                      http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217

Comment

• Geezor
                        • Jun 2010

Use live chat they got to communicate faster. If the product is faulty they will definately find the best resolution for you , exchange/refund or something similar. Forwardforward got one of the best costumer service i have met online. You don't have to worry at all.

Comment

• seatbelts
                          • Sep 2010

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. One more question, today I was in NYC and checked out the RO store. I bought a double layer l/s shirt, only after I had cut the tags and worn it did I notice the "unstable cotton" description . Does this mean it will fall apart in a few months? For 400 dollars, I want this sucker to stay. It doesn't feel flimsy, at least not as fragile as the sheer items.

Comment

• Originally posted by seatbelts View Post
                            I recently bought a pair of DRKSHDW detroits in Dust at forwardforward, and after one day of wear I noticed two holes on the back seat of the jeans. The holes are symmetrical, both forming on the top inner seam of the back pockets, the corner closest to the back rise seam (sorry for the haphazard description, I do not have my camera with me). I emailed forwardforward about this, assuming it is an individual manufacturer mistake and hoping for an exchange/refund. Anyone been through this process before with forwardforward and their experience?
                            this has happened with everyone i know who has darkshadow jeans. which are three people.

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by seatbelts View Post
                              Thanks for putting my mind at ease. One more question, today I was in NYC and checked out the RO store. I bought a double layer l/s shirt, only after I had cut the tags and worn it did I notice the "unstable cotton" description . Does this mean it will fall apart in a few months? For 400 dollars, I want this sucker to stay. It doesn't feel flimsy, at least not as fragile as the sheer items.
                              As far as I know, unstable cotton in the term for cotton that isn't spun as tightly when it's woven from raw cotton. Stabilized cotton would be tighter spun and in longer/tighter strands from what I understand.

Unstable cotton would likely mean a softer hand and a less tight knit. The term shouldn't mean it would fall apart. At least any more than regular rick double layer shirts do.

Those really wispy/sheer shirts tend to develop holes pretty naturally, even more so in the rayon versions than cotton. It's hard to justify $400 for any kind of t-shirt, much less t-shirts that tend to get frequent holes in them. I love the double layer shirts and I have a few but they all end up with holes if you wear them on any kind of regular basis.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• seatbelts
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                                As far as I know, unstable cotton in the term for cotton that isn't spun as tightly when it's woven from raw cotton. Stabilized cotton would be tighter spun and in longer/tighter strands from what I understand.

Unstable cotton would likely mean a softer hand and a less tight knit. The term shouldn't mean it would fall apart. At least any more than regular rick double layer shirts do.

Those really wispy/sheer shirts tend to develop holes pretty naturally, even more so in the rayon versions than cotton. It's hard to justify $400 for any kind of t-shirt, much less t-shirts that tend to get frequent holes in them. I love the double layer shirts and I have a few but they all end up with holes if you wear them on any kind of regular basis.
                                Well, its too late to return it now, I wore it out. I was kind of surprised when he told me the total though, the same one in Dust was 250$. Unless it was somehow a different model.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎