X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sshum88
    • Dec 2007

Well here's my experience:

I like to wash all my clothing before wearing them...inside out in cold/cold (wash/rinse) water, very little liquid detergent and on it's own as I never know if the dyes will run. I noticed these white streaks on the front and back when i flipped them inside out to dry them on a hanger...so i threw them back in for a 2nd wash in cold/cold water thinking that it was detergent residue (weird since I don't use a powder).

The streaks still remained so I threw them in for a 3rd wash in warm/warm water but they are still there! I'm at a loss right now as to why they they are still there...it's like the material released some type of wax/glue that is showing up. I've even tried using a very fine brush from Lee Valley to scrub the streaks with warm water and nothing has changed. I've asked David if he knows of other customers who had an experience similar to mine and he says no.

Originally posted by DmD View Post
    Has anyone tried to wash the LUC washi (Japanese paper) j-pants? I've never dealt with this material before. I'm apprehensive about washing them, but I don't like to dry clean if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm hesitant about using dry cleaners due to the chemicals used (even though they say eco-friendly) and the process. Plus there doesn't seem to be any good ones in the areas i frequent.

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
    I had mine stained by some food recently...contemplated hand-washing but chickened out in the end and had it dry-cleaned instead.
    In the end, I may have to re-dye these if I want them pure black again. I've worn the pants quite a bit since the wash and the streaks don't look so bad from far away but they are there. Or I may take them to a dry cleaner to see if that changes things.
    Originally posted by eat me
    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• docus
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
      I don't know anything about the brand. But I would not call these knock-offs, there just basic army boot style thats been around for at least 70 years and probably more. No designer, Ann D. included, invented the style.
      You're right - thanks for bringing me back down to earth!

Comment

• sargon97
        • Jan 2009

I know its probably asking much from these crappy pics, but anyone know what leather these Carpe Diems are?

I assume not Horween shell.

Comment

• syed
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by docus View Post
          You're right - thanks for bringing me back down to earth!
          I know the boots you're talking about, seen them and tried them on, and instantly wish I hadn't. The mark up on Blackbird is interesting, but I suppose it's in the US. But for the last quarter of 2010 they were EVERYWHERE on the high street - Topman, Kurt Geiger, Office, Urban Outfitters (including their AW lookbook), ASOS. Cheaply made and really quite tacky up close (heck some of the Topman own brand is better quality, which is saying something). They were marked down to shift before Christmas and I swear I saw five or six guys wearing them in the space of twenty minutes around Oxford Street. Erm yeah, so pretty much avoid if you can.
          "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
            In the end, I may have to re-dye these if I want them pure black again. I've worn the pants quite a bit since the wash and the streaks don't look so bad from far away but they are there. Or I may take them to a dry cleaner to see if that changes things.
            What material is yours? It can't be washi paper 'cause that's not really black to begin with...

Comment

• sshum88
              • Dec 2007

LUC tags says they are washi. Yes you're right in that they are not the blackest of blacks but they are still a black...point is that there are now white streaks when there were none to begin with.

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
              What material is yours? It can't be washi paper 'cause that's not really black to begin with...
              If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                • Mar 2007

Sorry to hear about that. I would suggest having it dry-cleaned...mine came back fine, no streaks, no changes to the texture of the material, all while removing the stains completely.

Comment

• nictan
                  • Jul 2009

anyone knows which womens season these ann boots are from? want to find some pictures of them worn.

and also if possible, how does the sizing run?

Comment

• Fenix
                    • Aug 2010

Devoa Sizing

I've seen some discussion in the recent Devoa FW11 thread in regards to sizing. I am a true 50 and am wondering if a size 4 blazer would work. I'm trying to get measurements but in the meantime any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
                    Originally posted by hausofblaq
                    Grow up.

Comment

• sshum88
                      • Dec 2007

I was advised by Zekka that a size 4 = US 50 when I inquired about the size 4 Devoa jacket that they had.

Originally posted by Johnnyfenix View Post
                      I've seen some discussion in the recent Devoa FW11 thread in regards to sizing. I am a true 50 and am wondering if a size 4 blazer would work. I'm trying to get measurements but in the meantime any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Fenix
                        • Aug 2010

Thanks and just noticed there is a sizing thread....my bad.
                        Originally posted by hausofblaq
                        Grow up.

Comment

• ChristianV
                          • Apr 2010

I know it might be a long shot but anyways - help me id this leather jacket.

Bodega

Comment

• holger
                            • Mar 2009

unknown. maybe old dior leather?
                            Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
                            SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

Comment

• taylen
                              • Jul 2010

i know Matteo @ Lazzari has been busy for paris fashion week. But do you guys know that how come i don't hear anything from him after i sent the payment 4 days ago? even a confirm of the order? Thanks

Comment

• eckblk
                                • Mar 2010

He just got back today (I think) and is probably the only who packages and ships the goods out. I wouldn't worry; Matteo is the man. Just probably catching up of stuff around the store while he was gone.

I'm waiting for a reply as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎