X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thehouseofdis
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by nictan View Post
    anyone knows which womens season these ann boots are from? want to find some pictures of them worn.

and also if possible, how does the sizing run?
    These are from the past fall. I assume they run similar to the boots that lace up the back which run about one size large. Typical for Ann.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• taylen
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by eckblk View Post
      He just got back today (I think) and is probably the only who packages and ships the goods out. I wouldn't worry; Matteo is the man. Just probably catching up of stuff around the store while he was gone.

I'm waiting for a reply as well.
      Thanks! i guess i have to wait for his reply.

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post
        These are from the past fall. I assume they run similar to the boots that lace up the back which run about one size large. Typical for Ann.
        Personally, I think Ann shoes are meant to be worn TTS, so that they're spacey enough.
        Last edited by michael_kard; 01-26-2011, 04:21 AM. Reason: typo
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by syed View Post
          I know the boots you're talking about, seen them and tried them on, and instantly wish I hadn't. The mark up on Blackbird is interesting, but I suppose it's in the US. But for the last quarter of 2010 they were EVERYWHERE on the high street - Topman, Kurt Geiger, Office, Urban Outfitters (including their AW lookbook), ASOS. Cheaply made and really quite tacky up close (heck some of the Topman own brand is better quality, which is saying something). They were marked down to shift before Christmas and I swear I saw five or six guys wearing them in the space of twenty minutes around Oxford Street. Erm yeah, so pretty much avoid if you can.
          Not looking like a topman/allsaints customer is getting consistently harder, especially for ro/ann people...
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

maybe that means it's time to move on?
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• syed
              • Sep 2010

^ Topman will move on aesthetically soon enough, they are simply trying to cash in on what is hot for the moment (I think they will have to stop soon enough because Topman AAA is not selling well at all - on a related note, neither is ASOS Black). All Saints maybe not, whilst people berate them, they are more consistent than most of the high street (whether or not that be consistent in their knock-offs of a certain aesthetic).
              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Lane
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                maybe that means it's time to move on?
                Topman is a fast fashion store. This isn't part of anything but their attempt at making fast money. I dunno if you're being sarcastic, but they are only going in this direction because they feel its where the mullah is at currently. It never is a long term goal for these companies because they always need to be whats "in" in order to do well. I agree allsaints sort of has their own direction going for them. Although this is complimented by the array of derivative pieces.

Comment

• lmaozedong
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by eckblk View Post
                  He just got back today (I think) and is probably the only who packages and ships the goods out. I wouldn't worry; Matteo is the man. Just probably catching up of stuff around the store while he was gone.

I'm waiting for a reply as well.
                  Matteo replied to my first e-mail that I sent but it's been a couple days. It seems like they've just come back and are checking up on their stock. I bet we're all inquiring about the same LUC knits that lowrey posted in Good Finds, though--I know two other people at least who ordered the same one as me

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

yes, I got an email from him today as well. Have no fear

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post
                      i dunno, i have those ones with the back-lacing, and they are true to size for me as far as i can tell. i got 42's, which is what i wear in most other shoes (rick etc.) including ann sneaks.

edit: but if we are talking the women's version here, i obviously don't know.

Comment

• docus
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by syed View Post
                        I know the boots you're talking about, seen them and tried them on, and instantly wish I hadn't. The mark up on Blackbird is interesting, but I suppose it's in the US. But for the last quarter of 2010 they were EVERYWHERE on the high street - Topman, Kurt Geiger, Office, Urban Outfitters (including their AW lookbook), ASOS. Cheaply made and really quite tacky up close (heck some of the Topman own brand is better quality, which is saying something). They were marked down to shift before Christmas and I swear I saw five or six guys wearing them in the space of twenty minutes around Oxford Street. Erm yeah, so pretty much avoid if you can.
                        I must say, having looked more closely at them, I agree with everything you just wrote.

But how to stay ahead of the curve? These are going to be my next footwear purchase, that'll show 'em!

Comment

• taylen
                          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by lmaozedong View Post
                          Matteo replied to my first e-mail that I sent but it's been a couple days. It seems like they've just come back and are checking up on their stock. I bet we're all inquiring about the same LUC knits that lowrey posted in Good Finds, though--I know two other people at least who ordered the same one as me
                          yes! he just replied my email too. unfortunately, that piece has been sold to someone else even when i made the payment right after i received the order number's email from them. now just waiting for his refund

Comment

• Skye X
                            • Oct 2010

Does anyone know if Julius did the goth_ik high collar dimensional rider in denim?

Comment

• lmaozedong
                              • Jan 2010

yup, as i had feared, just got my refund from lazzari :(

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by docus View Post
                                But how to stay ahead of the curve? These are going to be my next footwear purchase, that'll show 'em!

nice, givenchy?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎