• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diss
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
    Welcome Diss!

I personally found CDiems to run about 1 size large... I am a US 10 and I take a 42 in CDiems pretty consistently. The more bulbous toebox allows for a range of feet to fit them. If you know you have wider feet then true to size should be fine.
    Thanks Chinorlz,
    I wear Vans slip ons in a 10 (i know there global mass produced rubbish) so i think id be a 42 in Carpe Diems. If anyone has a more expansive knowledge on sizing feel free to correct me.

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by williamorales View Post
      hi! i'm william and this is my first post. i've been getting into men's fashion designers lately which lead me here. hope to learn from you all.

anyways i'd like to ask if there are any designers with an aesthetic that would suit the bigger athletic guy? it seems everything is slim slim slim now. from my very limited experience i fit well in margiela and yohji.

thanks!

-WM
      I'm in the same boat as you. In addition to the stuff mentioned earlier, n(n) and Jil Sander have stuff that is suited for a more muscular build. It's very hit and miss with many of these designers, especially with Rick Owens since his sizing is so random. I own a small, a medium and a large in different items from him and they all fit me the same.
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• maldoror
        • Jun 2007

L'Maltieri Sizing

Finally found the greenish-grey LM linen button down that I've been looking for, and in the size I've been looking for (2), but the posted measurements don't work. Specifically, the listing is giving a 20" chest measurement, which seems more like a size 3, and will be too large for me. I already have two of these same linen shirts (diff colors) in size 2, but the CDiem tagged versions, and they not only fit perfectly, but identically to one another (18.5" chest).

What I'm wondering is: how consistent is LM and CDiem sizing across the board? Are the LM versions cut differently than the CDiem?

Or, rather: can I be confident that if the size is right, it will fit, and assume that the measurements are off?

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

hey there-

how big and athletic, because this is an ongoing problem for me.
          i'm 6'2, 230 with size 13 feet and while Raf Simons is far and away my favorite, his suits are out for me, as is much of his outerwear. sweaters in us54, pants in 50 or 52 are fine. same goes for his more oversized pieces in general

i'm a 46.5 inch chest, 34.5 pants which makes suit-buying difficult.

the following are the other brands i find fit the v-type build/wide shoulders best:

rick owens (all but outerwear)
          yohji, Y-3
          margiela
          some cloak stuff in xl (if you can find it)
          dries
          filippa k outerwear fits me well, too.

Originally posted by williamorales View Post
          hi! i'm william and this is my first post. i've been getting into men's fashion designers lately which lead me here. hope to learn from you all.

anyways i'd like to ask if there are any designers with an aesthetic that would suit the bigger athletic guy? it seems everything is slim slim slim now. from my very limited experience i fit well in margiela and yohji.

thanks!

-WM

Comment

• firstlove
            • Apr 2008

how do you guys wear the RO maintine sheer t-shirts? u know how the back looks like |/| , do u wear them by pulling the bottom to the left counter-clockwise by making them |\| so they are draped around ur body and stacked?
            or do you guys wear them straight up by manually stacking them?

just wondering how others wear them.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Just wear it and forget about it. There is no way it will stay in place no matter how much you twist it, and you will look uncomfortably self-conscious tugging at your shirt. I find them working best under a jacket to be honest.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• JSebbe
                • Mar 2008

How much is this derby hat from Miharayasuhiro @ A's or any other place that stored them?

Also interested in the Yohji small bowler Atelier has got, hua!
                Last edited by JSebbe; 09-08-2008, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

This isn't a question.

I hate you Faust. I was so contentedly disinterested in Ann D (which I totally can't afford anyway). YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE . . . or crippled my wallet at least.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    This isn't a question.

I hate you Faust. I was so contentedly disinterested in Ann D (which I totally can't afford anyway). YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE . . . or crippled my wallet at least.
                    (blows kisses all around). now you know what a dandy is. so did the pants work out then?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• oskar
                      • Mar 2008

legit or not? what do you think? looks good but the thing is that the seller also have many other bags from this season up for sale..

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        (blows kisses all around). now you know what a dandy is. so did the pants work out then?
                        Did I not send you a PM about them being great? They have been getting oodles of wear.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                          Did I not send you a PM about them being great? They have been getting oodles of wear.
                          It sounded like you weren't too excited about them. I actually got upset, because I want to believe I offer quality shit to people.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            It sounded like you weren't too excited about them. I actually got upset, because I want to believe I offer quality shit to people.
                            Hurm. I wonder . . . on your old forums, I could edit PMs after I sent them. I edited it because of just that, something like 6 seconds after clicking send. I wonder if those edits went through? I actually remember thinking "that wasn't right" at first.

EDIT: And, regardless of whether or not I was thrilled, that was a hell of a find, and a hell of a deal. It's not like everyone will be happy all the time even if you do things right.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Well, I am glad you like them! There will be more - save your money.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• justine
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by JSebbe View Post
                                How much is this derby hat from Miharayasuhiro @ A's or any other place that stored them?
                                175 at a i believe

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎