X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • empaulio
    • Mar 2009

I havent seen any of Yohji's belts.
    I will have to try and lookup some pics and older styles, but I might regret doing so incase I like one from like 07 and then the issue of trying to track it down

Comment

• lost53
      • Dec 2010

I really liked this belt from Damir Doma last year... this one

Comment

• FABO
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by cmitso412 View Post
        are there any luisaviaroma discount codes right now?
        Well, there's no code, but there's free shipping for the winter sale items which is pretty good..

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Abliss
          What was the point of that? Honestly? What have I done to offend you? Fine that you disagree but posts like that.... Thought this was a more mature board compared to others around.

HWith -> you might be right, i was afraid that they might be CCP. Probably going to be impossible to track down.
          i'm actually going to take the time to respond to this.

u haven't offended anyone, its just that on a forum where people prize personal creativity in fashion and styling, asking for the brands of a very very very basic outfit worn by jude law is going to come across as remarkably amateur and a little bit too celebrity culture oriented.

u don't need to know the brands to put together an identical outfit in about 15 min at barneys or something. what makes it look good is the fact that it all fits pretty well and jude law is a very handsome dude. thats all.

the jeans are obviously dior but there is nothing special about the wash. there are any number of decent denim companies out there to choose from or u can just contact a dior boutique and order something similar. personally i can't stand pre-washed jeans. the tee is a basic pocket tee with 2 differences. the scar stitch on the back and the tiny hole around the neck. which could actually be a real rip, not a design detail. i know kris van asche has little twists in the neckline of his tees, maybe its from him. the scar stitch and rip at the neck remind me of linea muscle group tee's but i don't know if there was one exactly like this one, short with a pocket. maybe its balmain who the hell knows. its a basic cotton tee. u could just get a james perse pigment dyed pocket tee one size too small and it will be virtually the same. finally the boots are the most generic part of the fit. they could be replicated with any number of lace up boots from wings and horns to guidi or augusta to fiorentini and baker to friggin buttero. they look reversed with a cap toe but thats hardly crucial to the success of this mindblowing ensemble.

there. done.
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lost53
            • Dec 2010

^cjbreed, you are clearly a fine gentleman. Very well put. ^

I find it very admiral that you take the time to explain such things, and in a very clear manor indeed.

Now a small question of my own;

I have a cotton/cashmere scarf in baby blue, I would like to dye it black/grey. Probably with dyon or the like. My query is; can I expect the texture of the fabric to change considerably? I.e will it lose it's softness.
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

^maybe i am doing it wrong but every delicate fabric I have dyed has become more coarse

Comment

• lost53
                • Dec 2010

Cheers Kunk, to the point of being uncomfortable?

Comment

• mike
                  • Dec 2006

anybody proxy stuff from japan during the current events going on?

Comment

• lost53
                    • Dec 2010

I said manor, meaning clear and defined. Its all good though!

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by empaulio View Post
                      Has anybody seen any nice belts? I am looking for a everyday belt, in black. I know a few members here like the MA+ belts, but can anyone suggest any others that I could take a look at.
                      Geoffrey Young.
                      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

Chinorlz just made a nice one. Collateral Concepts that is.
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                          ^cjbreed, you are clearly a fine gentleman. Very well put. ^

I find it very admiral that you take the time to explain such things, and in a very clear manor indeed.

Now a small question of my own;

I have a cotton/cashmere scarf in baby blue, I would like to dye it black/grey. Probably with dyon or the like. My query is; can I expect the texture of the fabric to change considerably? I.e will it lose it's softness.
                          Thanks in advance.

um... i'd think high temp. could damage the the cashmere with a risk you'll get different shrinkage between the cotton and the cashmere as well.

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mike View Post
                            anybody proxy stuff from japan during the current events going on?
                            As of Monday, domestic mail was being delivered on time in Tokyo.

FedEx and USPS deliveries to Japan are delayed now. DHL is not, yet. Fuel shortages are causing some problems, but it doesn't seem too bad.

My brother didn't leave tokyo until Monday afternoon (even though his office has a gaping hole in the roof). His netflix DVD arrived as scheduled.
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• mike
                              • Dec 2006

my grail is on yahoo now
                              i dunno whether it would be gauche to buy it
                              :S

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                                If you make up the dye when the water is hot but then let it cool, you might be able to do it - no promises, but my best bet would be the following. Dying at home is a negotiation between three things: temperature, amount of dye, and time. When one of those goes down, the other two go up. Heat some water for a paste up and saturate it with as much dye as possible, a few packages worth. Dump that into your main hot water pot, and maybe add a second saturated paste up. Try to supersaturate the water as much as possible. Then let the mixture cool. Dunk the scarf in and agitate it for about 30 min, then let it sit for a few days. Try to agitate it every few hours if possible.
                                I think cotton-cashmere might take in the colour with less effort than that. I've dyed a cashmere knit in roughly 30C with one pack of black Dylon hand dye (these are way smaller than the machine was packs), and it turned out very dark grey. if its not dark enough, you can always try again with more dye, a longer time or higher temp depending on what the material can withstand.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎