X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syed
    • Sep 2010

^ Here
    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• sleazie ninja
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by marsa View Post
      does anyone know a way to get rid of the yellow discoloration that gradually appears on rick dunk soles...
      Sea Glow works well for yellowing oxidation n stains. You can get it for $7-8 on eBay.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

pardon the crappy phone pic but i just tore a gash down the back of my worn 4 times ma+ ankle boots and i'm pretty pissed. it is just a scar in the wooden heel. about 7/8 inch long and not too deep but enough to infuriate me. can this be repaired?
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

I guess you could try replacing the patina by putting some sort of oil on it, it will make the wood darker.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• DRRRK
            • Aug 2009

Good idea.
            I don't think it is that bad. That's what shoes and especially boots are for. If you take it to a cobbler to get it sanded out it will be even worse. Just try to make it less visible if you can't live with it.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

in all seriousness, I'd try a brown pencil
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

It seems like a wooden heel is going to get scuffed/scratched. How long do you really think a fix is going to last?
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

especially if you ever drive a car. heel on a pair of _7 boots I've had for around 2 years:

Comment

• nictan
                    • Jul 2009

cjbreed: i think you can just get a wood filler to patch it up. should be able to buy them at hardware stores or smth.

Comment

• croatoan
                      • Jul 2007

Or you can just keep wearing them for a couple days and the surrounding areas should end up looking about the same.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

All my boots suffer the beaten heal syndrome and I don't really care,
                        CJ its not that serous, boots are nicer after they've had a few scratches and gain some character.

and yes dji, driving does take a toll on the heel of shoes...........
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

^ a good reminder that I won't be driving in my IS derbies.

Comment

• zeebee
                            • Dec 2008

I know it might be a bit mainstream for most of you but I'm just looking to buy some bucks for the spring and was wondering if anyone had feedback on buying from www.dsw.com

hate to sound paranoid, but always prefer to ask before giving my online commerce to just any site out there

Comment

• DRRRK
                              • Aug 2009

Is there a date for the Antwerp stock sales already? I am pretty sure there is but seem to be too stupid to find it.

Comment

• Catfood
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                                Is there a date for the Antwerp stock sales already? I am pretty sure there is but seem to be too stupid to find it.
                                It's usually around the same time every year. They tend to announce it pretty close to the actual dates if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎