Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpoff
    • Jan 2008

Gently handwashing my LUC raw silk cardigan in lukewarm water should be ok, right?

Comment

• DRRRK
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
      It's usually around the same time every year. They tend to announce it pretty close to the actual dates if I remember correctly.
      Thanks. Pretty close to the date should be now as far as i know because it is usually in April. Test in patience i guess.

Comment

• hurricane08
        • Nov 2008

a mission impossible: anyone the season of these black helmut lang corduroy-velveteen trousers ? don't remember the season i bought them (maybe AW02 or AW04).I'd appreciate any infos,thanks.

trousers

Comment

• gnow
          • Jun 2010

Ann D fw07

How does size S run for the Ann D fw07 blazers/coats? eu 48/50?

thanks!

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

If you want them to be very fitted, S = 50.
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

hey guys i've been away for a few days but i appreciate all the responses i got so i'm going to offer up a belated reply. and yes i realize its not the end of the world but at that moment i was infuriated. its worse than the photo looks. a deep gash like someone took a sharp nail to my boots to scratch in his initials but only got the first line done. and they are new and expensive so i was pretty pissed. i'll live though.

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
              I guess you could try replacing the patina by putting some sort of oil on it, it will make the wood darker.
              not a bad idea.

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
              Good idea.
              I don't think it is that bad. That's what shoes and especially boots are for. If you take it to a cobbler to get it sanded out it will be even worse. Just try to make it less visible if you can't live with it.
              the gash is the worst part but i agree that sanding it is too big a risk. rather leave it alone

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
              It seems like a wooden heel is going to get scuffed/scratched. How long do you really think a fix is going to last?
              this is true. but i try to be careful and like i said this is worse than the usual. but maybe i should loosen up. still, i hate to see my nice stuff get jacked up.

Originally posted by dji View Post
              especially if you ever drive a car. heel on a pair of _7 boots I've had for around 2 years:
              i drive constantly and all of my boots have heel discoloration as a result but that doesn't bother me. this is more aggravating because of the deepness of the gash and the fact that it happened in an instant rather than over time.

Originally posted by nictan View Post
              cjbreed: i think you can just get a wood filler to patch it up. should be able to buy them at hardware stores or smth.
              i think i will try this. a tiny bit of wood filler and then a wee bit of oil or the grey pencil like lowrey suggested and we should be ok

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
              Or you can just keep wearing them for a couple days and the surrounding areas should end up looking about the same.
              i like to think thats not the reality but who knows, maybe it is. if i wear them like the solid, rugged boots they are rather than tiptoe around dwelling on their pricetag then maybe i'll enjoy them more.

Originally posted by zamb View Post
              All my boots suffer the beaten heal syndrome and I don't really care,
              CJ its not that serous, boots are nicer after they've had a few scratches and gain some character.

and yes dji, driving does take a toll on the heel of shoes...........
              ugh. ok ok i'll loosen up. but still. i was pissed off for real....

thanks guys
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Dawn
                • Mar 2009

Does anyone have an idea what font face is used on Ann's prints (heaven/holy) ?

Comment

• quiet noise
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

would you guys advice against doing a trade with a sufu user with negative rep and a rather low post count? kinda risky to do trades as some people will go as far as sending a box of trash just to get a "fake" tracking number...

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

Don't do it.
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• HreP
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                      would you guys advice against doing a trade with a sufu user with negative rep and a rather low post count? kinda risky to do trades as some people will go as far as sending a box of trash just to get a "fake" tracking number...
                      Well, you're obviously taking a risk there. I don't think I'd do it. But I guess you have to consider with yourself how much you trust this guy and how big a risk you're willing to take. I think that's all that can be said really.

Comment

• quiet noise
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2008

i guess i could ask him to submit a picture of the jacket with a tag with his username and email adress next to it or something, just to make sure he actually has the item. not that it guarantees anything, but still.

Comment

• syed
                          • Sep 2010

I'd check the 'transactions problems and disputes' thread to see if they are mentioned. Generally speaking though I'd try to avoid, unless someone else has had a good experience with them.
                          "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• jscl
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                            who's the user? rep is so random on sufu
                            JUST THE HITS

Comment

• quiet noise
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jscl View Post
                              who's the user? rep is so random on sufu
                              leehk1980. i know rep on sufu is pretty random and doesnt tell much about the person, but when youre trading one grand leather jackets you kinda take every sign och unreliability into account. always a little fishy to get a quick trade suggestion from a user with a low post count who wants you to reply with an e-mail.

Comment

• Zenith
                                • Jun 2009

Pretty sure some of that bad rep must have resulted from him bumping his thread about 3 times a day.

Either way, I'd be weary of trades period.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎