Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • random
    • Dec 2007

looking for some winkled shirts, not too thin (for f/w), plaid ones are prefered.

i know wjk and attachment made some good ones. any other recommendation? TIA~
    I don't exist.

Comment

• Real Real
      • Feb 2007

I'm interested in the idea of using elastic threads/fabrics/tapes at the seams of outerwear/blazers/etc, in order to get something that looks sturdy, but stretches as it moves. Is that something that a lot of people have made before?

Maybe bonding pieces of leather to some sort of elastane-blend lining base, so it looks like a basic leather jacket normally, but the leather pieces separate on the base and stretch with movement? Maybe elastic taped seams, or elastic thread?

I was hoping Lanvin was doing this with their leather jackets, but the leather isn't bonded to elastic fabrics, as far as I know. CCP did something similar with the invisible seam pants, because the thread in the seams stretches a bit (right?). Anybody else fool around with this?

Comment

• diamonds
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by random View Post
        looking for some winkled shirts, not too thin (for f/w), plaid ones are prefered.
        hehe, that was cute

Comment

• random
          • Dec 2007

oh shit :$
          I don't exist.

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

where abouts could I buy a pair of original German army sneakers in Berlin? do they fit true to size?

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Walk around Mitte. You'll find some army surplus stores where you can pick up pairs for way cheap. If you want better condition (unissued) ones and are willing to pay a bit more (around 25-35 euro) then there are some trendier shops in Kreuzberg that carry them.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

thanks for the advice. I'm not actually visiting Germany some relatives are, I'll ask them to have a look around for a new pair in Kreuzberg then. I wear a US9/27.0cm in Puma Liga and Adidas Dragons, I take it that they are sized similarly?

Comment

• Diss
                  • Sep 2008

i was wondering what pants these were? Has the model just pulled them up to show off the Carpe Diems or are they actually 3/4 pants? Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

^ those are Satoru's pants... they are that length :)

As for the German military sneakers, the sizing is a bit weird and done with a 3 digit system (Maybe others are familiar with it but it's unique to me)... for your reference, a size 10 US is a 275 in the german military sneaks!
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

as far as I can tell the 3 digit system is just the foot length in mm, similar to the Japanese sizing system.

Comment

• jcotteri
                        • Jun 2008

in reference to sizing, japanese sizing especially. Is the size ie. 27.5 referring to the length of the innersole? I am curious because if it is the length of the outersole then the sizing must be very different.. Does anyone have a chart of knowledge of what sizes are compared to a measurement of the sole of your foot? My foot is 27cm long.
                        WTB: This

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

shoe size chart. my actual foot length is 26.5cm so I think that the Japanese sizing system is based on the wearer's actual foot length.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

some sources say thats its based on "shoe length measurement" but I strongly disagree, the shoes pretty much always measure longer than the japanese sizing. so like dji said, its most likely based on foot length or an estimate of foot size fitting for that shoe.

but the sizes will still vary, and I've also noticed that some Yahoo sellers for example will estimate the japanese sizing based on an eu/uk/us size, which makes it a bit confusing so if possible, I personally ask for an outsole measurement if buying something from japan.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jcotteri
                              • Jun 2008

yeh i don't fully understand.. I would guess that it changes with the shoe type and brand etc.. Also outersole measurements can be a bit misleading sometimes..

I think i might kop some dbss boots on Y! soon
                              WTB: This

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

thats true, the reason I prefer the outsole measurement is that an insole measurement can easily be confused by the seller for the japanese size, which often are not the same.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎