X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
    hmmm kind of a dilemma -- now that the recent trend is toward more voluminous and lengthened torsos -- what would one do if you're short and small?

in a lot of cases i feel like tailoring wont work when a lot of the details can be at the hem or tailoring wont do it justice.
    it also seems ridicuous to tailor a t-shirt..?

for reference I'm 5'6.
    forget the trends and wear what you love

I'm 5'8 and that's probably pushing it.....I wear what I like regardless of what the trends say....................
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• messenoire
      • Nov 2009

back to baltimore after my margiela's put severe blisters on the bottoms of my feet. i am giving up and ordering from luisa first thing i get home. saiyonara nyc!

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by zamb View Post

I'm 5'8 and that's probably pushing it.....I wear what I like regardless of what the trends say....................

this is probably the best advice anyone recently joining this forum could get. it may sound self-evident, but it is worth really taking it to heart and trying to stick with it.

Comment

• morsto
          • Nov 2008

but you are forgetting that people joining this forum at the current times are very likely due to SZ look being the newest trend. Local shit blogs here even show waywt pics from sz now sometimes. -___-
          I do not recognise the vessel,
          but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by morsto View Post
            but you are forgetting that people joining this forum at the current times are very likely due to SZ look being the newest trend. Local shit blogs here even show waywt pics from sz now sometimes. -___-

well, nobody needs advice like that more than they do, right?

Comment

• Lane
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by morsto View Post
              have any examples of this? also, I dunno what you mean by the SZ look being the newest trend since everyone looks quite different on here. Anyways, the thing is those people don't matter because they'll abandon this once its exhaused. The advice I think will fall upon deaf ears, imo.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post

no no, i agree with you i guess i articulated myself poorly; its hard to find clothes that WILL fit. any sort of coat is dangerous since it's designed in mind for someone who is 5'10 (give or take), J-pants will have to be hemmed (which ruins the cut), torsos of tees go all the way down halfway to my knees.

i am all for sticking to what i like, but even what i like is too "tall" for me, and alot of items dont seem alterable? What are my options brand-wise for shorter clothes? (apart from making bank and getting custom clothes from some certain talented designers *cough*)

i guess i'm saying im being LIMITED by brands and their voluminous cuts.

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

I dont see any problem with in your height that will 'hard to find clothes that WILL fit', i have seem many japanese that are 170cm or below and wearing voluminous clothes and pull it off nicely. I think it depends on how you wear and matching it.
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

yeah but i dont wanna wear voluminous clothes -__-

its that the slim stuff like fitted jackets/blazers and non-denim pants tend to run very long. (30" length for example, where i would want 26ish)

and you can only alter a garment so much before it becomes a whole new garment

Comment

• Nikov
                      • Nov 2008

there is nothing wrong with shortening a shirt. im 6'1 and RO tees are still long as fuck on me. ive taken some to the local dry cleaners and had them cut shorter. won't ruin the fit at all. you could do the same with silent tees, or any other tee that has a straight hem.

i agree that if you're short, then maybe j-pants wouldn't be the best choice, but there are still a lot of slim straight options available. you could get DRKSHDW jeans, for example, and get them hemmed. LUC j-pants aren't very long either, if you have the money to spend. Their tops (both tees and button-down shirts) are also on the shorter side.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nikov View Post
                        there is nothing wrong with shortening a shirt. im 6'1 and RO tees are still long as fuck on me. ive taken some to the local dry cleaners and had them cut shorter. won't ruin the fit at all. you could do the same with silent tees, or any other tee that has a straight hem.
                        Agreed, its not that big of a deal, to shorten, shirts, T-shirts etc. Also there are alot of Brands that make T-shorts etc that are not overly long

Originally posted by Nikov View Post
                        i agree that if you're short, then maybe j-pants wouldn't be the best choice, but there are still a lot of slim straight options available. you could get DRKSHDW jeans, for example, and get them hemmed. LUC j-pants aren't very long either, if you have the money to spend. Their tops (both tees and button-down shirts) are also on the shorter side.
                        this I disagree on, as I said, i am 5'8 and and of late exept for DRKSDW jeas I dont own a pair of "regular" cut pants..........and hate to bring up my own brand here because I don't wanna sound like I am self promiting, but we produce a wide range of products that fit well on people that are not overly tall.......I have to wear my own stuff and im certainly not going to make garments that are too big or too long that it looks ridiculous on me.
                        Last edited by zamb; 04-27-2011, 01:33 PM.
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                          • Oct 2010

MA+ works pretty well for people on the shorter side too. Particularly their jackets are cut really short and work well for my short stature =)

Comment

• lost53
                            • Dec 2010

Ma+, LeU, and Luc are much better suited to the shorter people among us.. Tops wise that is. alas!!

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                              • Jan 2011

Cool thanks for the info. although the lumen knot I own runs pretty long.

Zamb im gonna holla at you may 1st

Comment

• lazyguru
                                • Jun 2008

Do the current season SS11 of LUC overdye J pants also run super small like the FW version?
                                Lookign at the ones on Pollyanna's website and wondering if I should size up , TA

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎