Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miserableman
    • Dec 2009

has rick changed all the sizing for the new season? 48/50/52 instead of M/L/XL....?
    Last edited by miserableman; 07-05-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

^on many models, yes. a 52 is former xl, 54 xxl, etc. carrying from 38 to 52 in some stores.

Comment

• miserableman
        • Dec 2009

I would have thought a 52 was a XL as well but new rick just went on MrPorter and all the same models who last season wore an M, now appear to be wearing 50's according to their sizing info.

Comment

• comedyzen
          • May 2009

Does anyone else here get holes in your t-shirts in the area between your belly button and the bottom of the shirt? If so, do you know why this happens? I wear jeans a lot and wonder if it has to do with my belly pressing the tee against a rivet?

Q #2. Giorgio Brato Shoes. TTS or run small?

Comment

• modern77
            • Oct 2006

Rick drop crotch pants. Size down or go with regular size?

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

imho, true to size. (i size down in some drkshdw jersey pants tho...)

Originally posted by comedyzen View Post
              Does anyone else here get holes in your t-shirts in the area between your belly button and the bottom of the shirt? If so, do you know why this happens?
              could also be zip on jacket.

ps. sizing q's belong in the sizing help thread...

Comment

• Fenix
                • Aug 2010

I just picked these up yesterday in hopes of being able to dye them. Could anyone recommend a good quality dye. I'm looking to go some shade of grey or black if the grey doesn't work. The pants are a reverse cord, 100% cotton, treatment says mud washed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by hausofblaq
                Grow up.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnnyfenix View Post
                  I just picked these up yesterday in hopes of being able to dye them. Could anyone recommend a good quality dye. I'm looking to go some shade of grey or black if the grey doesn't work. The pants are a reverse cord, 100% cotton, treatment says mud washed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Aljo cotton fabric dye. Simple one step dye process but you have to do it on the stove (unless you want to do a cold dye which would be cool as well). You will have to call the company in New York to order some... or you can use the Dylon that a lot of folks on here have played around with.

I would stay away from Procion dyes for grays because they use a pigment blend that includes a red pigment that does not dissolve readily and thus leaves red speckles all over your fabric.

Remember that the thread will likely not take up the dye since it'll be a synthetic thread (higher tensile strength) so if you go very dark with the fabric dye then there will be a contrast in color. Boris uses a lot of bartacking all over his pants so it may look weird if you go too dark with the dye so just proceed carefully.

Good luck!
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Fenix
                    • Aug 2010

Thanks for the tips A! Gives me some things to consider. I may need to think this over a bit. :)
                    Grow up.

Comment

• savant
                      • Jul 2011

Hey guys, can't really post in the WAYWT thread yet - but was wondering how well does RO trainer go with a biker or moto jacket?

I've seen fit pics with a moto but not with a biker jacket yet

Comment

• Phantom
                        • Mar 2011

what can i do to get a pair of ccp derbies to fit a little better at the heel ? the leather back at the heel is a little loose.

Comment

• HWith
                          • May 2007

You can always use one of those pens made to write on CD's/glass to color the thread. I have done that a lot of times with succes after dying my clothes and having this exact same problem. :-)

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                          Remember that the thread will likely not take up the dye since it'll be a synthetic thread (higher tensile strength) so if you go very dark with the fabric dye then there will be a contrast in color.

Comment

• Fenix
                            • Aug 2010

Thanks HWith. I'm going to see what I can find in regards to dye in MTL this weekend. I'm leaning towards trying to cold dye them. Should I go with a darker dye than the color I am hoping to achieve when cold dying?
                            Grow up.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                              You can always use one of those pens made to write on CD's/glass to color the thread. I have done that a lot of times with succes after dying my clothes and having this exact same problem. :-)
                              a permanent marker works, but I would only reccomend it if the garment is black or very very dark. otherwise you need to be super careful and precise about getting the marker ink only on the stitches and not on the fabric, with black it won't really show.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                                what can i do to get a pair of ccp derbies to fit a little better at the heel ? the leather back at the heel is a little loose.

nothing,
                                this is a common problem/ feature of CCP derbies, where you feel like your heel is coming out of the shoe when walking. its why I prefer his boots than his derbies. Some people say its designed to be that way but I highly doubt that.
                                I have one pair that i really love, but couldn't stand another with this issue
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎