Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

i would contact a rick store and give them the product code and measurements. if they say you have a womens or defective jacket, you can file a claim with the cc company.

historically, that style of jacket is rather slim fitting, but not kids size..

but over 40GBP, i don't think it's worth it..

if pollyanna say you can't return it, then yeah i would have a problem with this..

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

op, post a pic.

Comment

• hwai333
        • Jul 2010

I will try to post a pic on monday as I left the jacket at the office.
        Btw, just curious as to why the pollyanna post is closed at the Affiliate Boutiques section, wanted to post there beforehand.

Comment

• Nikov
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jogu View Post
          idk i think its rly unreasonable to order a size medium piece of outerwear and come to find the p2p is only 14 or 15" , what is that like a 29" chest circumference ? even my slimmest of the slim shirts in a size 37 have a p2p of bout a lil under 17" and those are rly fitted , i cant fuckin imagine any guy whod be able to fit into a jacket that has a chest of 28 inches and then zip it up and have a tee underneath , specially not when the size purchased was a medium

edit : ya maybe he shoulda asked for measurements but in that case the seller could also have warned buyers of how ridiculously small the jackt fits . cmon 14" pit to pit on a medium ??? nahhhhh , i could imagine there bein some fault on the buyer if he got the jacket and came to find it was smaller than a typical medium and maybe was 17.5" p2p but 14" is silly
          i agree with you on this. where i think hwai33 is being unreasonable is in demanding that he receive a refund for the shipping as well.

even if it is a defect, the most one would expect from a store is just a refund for the item.

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

if you're over 6 feet no size would work IMO

Comment

• Dropt
              • May 2009

Yeah, because that's normal that they send the wrong item, right ?

Comment

• miserableman
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Nikov View Post
                i agree with you on this. where i think hwai33 is being unreasonable is in demanding that he receive a refund for the shipping as well.

even if it is a defect, the most one would expect from a store is just a refund for the item.
                Er...no

If I order an Apple and get sent a Banana, I'd expect to refunded my shipping expenses considering it's an error by the store and i imagine most stores would do that.

This whole issue centers around whether he has actually been sent an incorrect item in the first place or not. Pollyanna said he could return it and they'll refund the cost of the item, I think if he proves he's been sent an incorrect item and shows them this, they will admit their error and cover shipping expenses.

Hard to imagine them selling a women's jacket to men though imo.

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

^i agree. i have had great dealings with them but is putting up a fight really worth it when someone can go on a forum and tell a story just like this?

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hwai333 View Post
                    ^ are you kidding me ? This is not my first online purchase nor is my first DRSHW / Rick Owens product. It doesn't take a genius to know that a MENS medium is not 14-15 inches pit to pit. And based on measurements from other sites previous versions or similar versions of the same jacket, the pit should be around 20.5 inches across. Also, the website did not state that sale items were not returnable, so they are not offering anything at all.
                    Rick sizing is unreliable and Polyanna has a return policy. Online shopping has a dire consequence and it is that sometimes you may have to pay shipping if you return items.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nikov View Post

if it is a defect I would then expect Polyanna to pay for shipping. With Rick I doubt it is a defect. I also never buy Paul Harnden online has the sizing between jackets varies too much.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

That does sound weird, but I don't think Pollyanna is out to screw you. They've been nothing but stellar in my experience. Shit happens, of course, but sounds like what they are offering you is fair. Maybe you can ask for free shipping on your next purchase?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

I don't really think expecting shipping back is reasonable. The garment was marked an M. It sounds like the sizing is really messed up, so getting your shipping back would be a nice thing for them to do, but giving a refund (less shipping) sounds entirely reasonable. If they ended up shipping a women's garment (even if they'd received it in error), I think you would be entirely in the right to insist on shipping back, but if they just sent you a garment with crazy-ass sizing, I think you should accept that you should eat the shipping cost.

I mean, what you're proposing is essentially that every store that ships should measure each and every garment they ship to insure that it is a reasonable approximation of the marked size. That's kind of ambiguous, and an excessive requirement.
                          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Zenith
                            • Jun 2009

14-15inch pit to pit?! Sell it to me bra. I'll cover your shipping costs too.

For realsies

Comment

• volta
                              • May 2009

you people can't read. he clearly stated that he had tried THE SAME JACKET in a medium and that it fit him well. why should there be any inconsistencies in sizing? it's definitely not his fault for getting shipped a defective or a womens piece. though i'm not sure if it is actually worth fighting for.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

anyone who has bought Ricks garment in any large quantities over time knows that his sizing is inconsistent.
                                Ricks success lies in the fact that his garments are really well cut, especially in areas where certain cutting techniques are essential

From what I understand O&M is a really small factory, and i can definitely see a smaller factory making these kind of size labelling mistakes with production runs of Ricks Size...

Trust me, I can tell you that production is not easy, and can be a living headache for even the most experienced production people (trust me, I am speaking from experience)...........

I think a return of your Money- shipping cost is a fair deal, because in a situation like this, both you and the store is losing something for a mistake that seems to be the fault of none of the parties involed
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎