X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by volta View Post
    you people can't read. he clearly stated that he had tried THE SAME JACKET in a medium and that it fit him well. why should there be any inconsistencies in sizing? it's definitely not his fault for getting shipped a defective or a womens piece. though i'm not sure if it is actually worth fighting for.
    We can read. We just think you're wrong.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I are a college student.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

I think it's definitely a women's one.. I have a very similar jacket in a small and the p2p is 19inches easy, same season everything. I think anyone that has been handling clothes for awhile should know that no Men's medium should have a p2p of 14inches, that's amll for a female medium which is usually 16.5-17.5 for the drkshdw stuff and at least 20.5-21inches for men's. I think these jackets run large not small... I've never tried a medium that's even close to fitting me. A great store should offer some form of reason...if not a little bit of common sense.
        If I bought a pair of jeans that are listed as a sz32 and it's waist is 13inches I would be pretty freaked out and could only think that something was really wrong.But if it was 14.5inches I would think I should have done some research.
        I would put money that there's not another men's drkshdw jacket sz med w/ a pit to pit of 14inches in a store.

Comment

• Fiaff69
          • Apr 2011

Pollyana

They are super nice people to deal with, why cant you contact them again, and try to work out something fair, like split the shipping, or get free shipping on your next purchase.

i have some internet/international mistakes as well, and yes i was pissed and annoyed. But i found out that if i took a step back and contacted them with a nicer email, it always worked its way out to a fair deal.
          ofcourse if the company clearly sent me the wrong item, yea for sure i would demand full credit on shipping both ways.

One off the other co's in london did that with me, they said they were going to credit me for the shipping, they didnt so i just said F*-*k them and took my business elsewere.

But i love pollyana freds the best, super honest, super respectable

Comment

• birdytg
            • Feb 2010

I've never been very satisfied with Polyanna communication, never very cooperative, nor comprehensive, nor friendly so I limited my few purchase experiences with them only to sale items I really wanted and was not able to find anywhere else.
            http://www.mypixeldiary.com
            http://www.birdytg.com
            www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
            http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• volta
              • May 2009

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
              We can read. We just think you're wrong.
              how is that wrong? your reply doesn't even make any sense considering your other post on top of the page. if i try on an exact same pair of pants from the latest julius collection, find them online for cheaper, and get sent one that is mistagged and fits several sizes smaller, that's the buyers fault? while many posts in this thead consists of information about other rick garments sizing, and that they can be inconsistent from season to season, that is common sense and has nothing to fucking do with the topic creator's problem.

If they ended up shipping a women's garment (even if they'd received it in error), I think you would be entirely in the right to insist on shipping back,
              Originally posted by hwai333 View Post
              I know how this jacket should fit, I saw it at a local store. So if I knew that a medium will fit, I should still ask for measurements ?
              Last edited by volta; 07-17-2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Volta, I think you are creating an unreasonable standard, as i said above. I'm really not sure how you managed to so broadly miss my point. maybe your comment about reading was projection?

Just to laboriously repeat what I said above, I think it is unreasonable to expect a shop to take a tape measurer to every garment. If they send an incorrect garment, then they have made an error, and they should be liable for the shipping cost. If they send a mis-sized garment, then accepting a return is entirely acceptable. It is not sensible to expect them to take a tape measurer to every garment they have to determine if it is sized correctly, or to expect them to check each item for size consistency from the manufacturer.

How does this have its own thread? This really should be rolled into small questions.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

How does this have its own thread? This really should be rolled into small questions.
                  Over 30 posts about shipping costs of 40 pounds. If this goes on, we could pay one pound for each comment and the problem is solved. I'm ready to pay mine to get rid of this now.

Comment

• Servo2000
                    • Oct 2006

Hoping that some of the folks super familiar with rick around here can help out - I finally got a chance to try on the stooges a week or two in a size small and loved it but it felt a little big. I had this rick leather (the geo, I believe) in an XS and it fit well but was maybe a little tight in the chest for me. Seems like everywhere in NY is already sold out of these (barneys, the rick store, etc...) in XS so nowhere to try them on at this point, unfortunately. I'm 5'7 and pretty consistently an XS although I would say that the jacket I had before was maybe a little too tight for my taste and especially for the stooges cut would probably like it a little more relaxed. Any comments, comparisons from people who've tried both would be much appreciated!
                    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• hwai333
                      • Jul 2010

Well, here are the pics, the jacket is buttoned. Sorry for the crappy pics from my ipad and I didn't have a measuring tape at the office. Thats a standard sized 12 inch ruler for reference. I guess if I had a measuring tape, it could measure to about 15-16 inches. But this is still way too small !

Last edited by hwai333; 07-18-2011, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

hmmm....could just be a sorry excuse for a men's medium

Comment

• Zenith
                          • Jun 2009

Do the arms fit ridiculously tight also or is it just a medium with an XXS body width?

Comment

• hwai333
                            • Jul 2010

yes, the arms are ridiculously tight, seems like it is an xxs all around

Comment

• cmitso412
                              • Feb 2010

Has anyone been able to find vibram soles or any rubber soles in a grey color to match grey CCP footwear? TIA

Comment

• pregnantbob
                                • May 2011

Hello,

Recently found a pair of pants by Yohji Yamamoto, it has YY mainline tags on it.

According to the YY thread identifying codes on the tag that start with H means HOMME and F means FEMME but these pants' code start with N and is NZ i'm jsut wondering if anyone could explain why?

I don't believe it is the Noir as it has the YY tag and just wanted to know what collection they would be from.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎