Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magic
    • Feb 2009

anyone knows if the base of the classic Guidi tote bag removable?
    Focusing on object details

Comment

• nictan
      • Jul 2009

sorry for the recent flurry of questions in this section of the forum. planning for winter wear so been doing quite a bit of buying, and with that comes doubts.

With regards to the LUC beanies, i noticed that some of them are squarish/rectangle in shape, unlike the dome shape i usually see on traditional beanies. How does that translate when worn? Do the corners stick out at the top of your head? Hopefully someone who owns them can share some of your experience. Thanks.

Comment

• nictan
        • Jul 2009

^ thanks. i did a quick search as well on previous sales thread and saw that one member on SZ mentioned that you can just tuck the corners in so it doesn't stick out like that.

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

Has anyone handled this Obscur blazer and can comment on the quality and fit?

Not too sure about Obscur tailoring...

Comment

• eleven crows
            • Mar 2011

kinda looks like this devoa jacket

which is almost certainly better

Comment

• TheThief
              • Mar 2011

Hey Raw, I've tried that piece on and I can say it's not something you'd want to purchase without doing the same. He cut very strange proportions this season and the tailored jackets in particular have really large shoulders that can look sloppy. It's not the pagoda shoulder it looks like.

Comment

• Catfood
                • Oct 2008

I have that Obscur jacket. The shoulder is very heavily padded. It fits pretty slim in the arms and there are slits at the elbow joint that create an interesting effect. The gloves are detachable from the lining using some pretty heavy weight/quality YKK zippers. No interior pockets, but the two external ones are surprisingly deep.

It's quite warm and the wool used is nice. It's also fully lined. Shorter in the back than the front. No vent.

Comment

• Raw
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
                  Hey Raw, I've tried that piece on and I can say it's not something you'd want to purchase without doing the same. He cut very strange proportions this season and the tailored jackets in particular have really large shoulders that can look sloppy. It's not the pagoda shoulder it looks like.
                  Thanks for the advise.
                  I had doubts about it, this confirms that I shouldn't give it a shot without trying it on first.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

anyone especially our resident designers and the like, know what type of paint or treating method margiela uses on his sneakers?

would like to experiment with chucks or something similar and would like a paint that would eventually peel off..

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                      • Jan 2010

I'm pretty sure MMM uses regular latex (water based) house paint.
                      THE HOUSE OF DIS
                      embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Who?
                        • Aug 2007

I've had good results using Golden Gesso.
                        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                          ^ thanks. i did a quick search as well on previous sales thread and saw that one member on SZ mentioned that you can just tuck the corners in so it doesn't stick out like that.
                          Yeah, depending on the thickness of the fabric and the size of your head you'll be able to just sag it in the back (like most people do with ordinary beanies) - if the material is loose the points will just hang down. Don't think anyone really notices that there's something strange going on.

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

anyone know whats going on at pollyanna? no luc, no ma+, no ann, and very little of anything else. are they closing?
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• magic
                              • Feb 2009

they wont stock luc this season and they are waiting for m.a+ shipment afaik.
                              Focusing on object details

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎